Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor (365 Views)

Kogi Guber: Supreme Court Upholds Yahaya Bello's Re-Election / Tribunal Affirms Yahaya Bello's Election / Tribunal Upholds Yahaya Bello's Victory As Kogi Governor, Dismisses Natasha, SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by Apocalypse12: 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
Appeal Court upholds Yahaya Bello’s election as Kogi Governo
| PULSE NIGERIA | BAYO WAHAB

In the election, Yahaya Bello polled 406,222 votes to defeat PDP candidate, Musa Wada, who polled 189,704.

Appeal Court affirms Yahaya Bello as the duly elected Governor of Kogi State (TheCable)
An Appeal Court sitting in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja has upheld the election of Yahaya Bello as Kogi State Governor.

The court on Saturday, July 4, 2020, dismissed four appeals challenging the governor’s victory at the November 16, 2019 poll.

In a separate but unanimous judgement, the five-man panel of the court led by Justice Adamu Jauro threw out the four appeals for lacking in merit.

The dismissed appeals were filed by the Peoples Democratic Party, the Actions People’s Party, the Social Democratic Party and the Democratic People’s Party.

Of the four appeals, the one file by the PDP alongside his candidate, Musa Wada was said to be the most keenly fought.

Bello was reelected as Kogi State Governor on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in November 2019.

The governor polled 406,222 votes to defeat Musa Wada, who polled 189,704.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by Yankee101: 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
Very very unfortunate if true

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by Olugbanko: 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
okay na
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by andycoal40(m): 12:37am On Jul 05, 2020
Yankee101:
Very very unfortunate if true

Is true.. very very unfortunate... i pity the kogi citizens
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by fergie001: 12:50am On Jul 05, 2020
dansuqi..
Come ooooo.....Justice Ignatius Agube's wife has been abducted.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by Dansuqi: 12:57am On Jul 05, 2020
fergie001:
dansuqi..
Come ooooo.....Justice Ignatius Agube's wife has been abducted.

Oboy,is first bank having network issues?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by fergie001: 1:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Dansuqi:

Oboy,is first bank having network issues?
I don't know o....I don't use their bank.

Produce Agube's wife oooo
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Yahaya Bello’s Election As Kogi Governor by Ruggedniggaone: 5:21am On Jul 05, 2020
with this judgement I don't see obaseki winning his reelection,what courts did by upholding KOGI,osun and Kano election shows that we are not ready to conduct credible election in Nigeria if you are a ruling party just connive with the inec and deploy securities and thugs to chase people away from the poll and rig as much as you like and they will ask you to go to court if you are not satisfied i think only electronic voting can bring sanity and credibility to Nigeria election

(1) (Reply)

N700m Fraud: Ize-iyamu’s Sponsored Protests Can’t Distract Edo People – Osagie / 16-year-old Nigerian To Become First Student To Build A Nuclear Energy Fusor / Why I Left PDP For APC - Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.