Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Wasted Chances - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wasted Chances (318 Views)

Need A Resume To Help Boost Your Chances On Job Search? / When It Seems Your Prayers Are Wasted / Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wasted Chances by Tracyp007: 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm not a writer but this story is a true life story that's why I decided to share

Pls your comments and corrections would mean a lot

Stay tuned!!!

My Name is Onome I'm 18 years old ,an orphan staying with my Aunty.i lost my parents to a gas explosion leaving me with my only sister in this cruel world.
After the death of my parents my uncle's decided I should go and stay with my Aunt in Lagos then my sister goes to my late Dad's brother....

'i will miss you so much sister' Sonia said amidst sobs

'i 'll miss you too you just have to stay strong and stop brooding over our parents death,Be a good girl and stay focused I'll keep in touch with you always.I Love you sis.

The Following morning I joined the bus to Lagos to meet my aunt she was so excited to see me,she welcomed me with open arms
"Welcome my dear eeeooooo Death why? Why can't you take the wicked ones and leave my sister to take care her children,Ahhh!' Aunt said using handkerchief to wipe her tears.. See my dear God Almighty will take care of you and your sister and I'll try my possible best to give you all you want God help me" Aunt swore.

The next day Aunt sat me down and discussed about my education I told her I was in Ss2 when the unfortunate incident happened she promised to enroll me in a Tutorial centre so I can write my WAEC then for the main time I'll be assisting her at her shop where she sells Bedspreads,Foams and all,still wondering why Aunt hasn't married despite the fact that she's not getting younger,she still looks so beautiful and elegant.That evening i decided to clean up the house and wash some few clothes when I wanted to spread them I noticed the ropes are full so I decided to check the back if I could see space to dry the clothes then I saw this young good looking guy,Fair in complexion so handsome covered up in FLames he was smoking heavily and the strong odour reeked of Marijuana I Quickly ran back to the house and told my Aunt

'Dont mind that useless boy that is how he smokes all day all night as if his room isn't enough he will still be disturbing the whole neighborhood with his stupidity' .Aunt Hissed
'Cant you report him to the Landlord?I enquired
'For where?We don complain we don tire I guess is because he pays more than we other tenants'

'Na wa o.he must be a rich guy I guess?' I said

'Na all this Yahoo Yahoo boys na I'm waiting for the day he will he arrested and never come back so our nose will rest. See I must not see you anywhere around him, don't greet him don't engage in any conversation with him do you understand?

'Yes Aunty'i said but a tiny voice deep within whispered 'Are you sure'?

The Next day I took my bath ate breakfast and followed my aunt to the shop when we were about to leave I strained my neck hoping to get a glimpse of the smoking guy but unfortunately I didn't see him.
Weeks passed I finally enrolled in the tutorial centre after lectures I'll go and help my aunt in her shop all this period I didn't see the smoking guy Until one cool evening on my way back from lectures I saw a taxi park in front of the house then I saw the smoking guy stepped out bringing out some Luggages it was really obvious he just came back from Heaven knows where,He looks so Handsome and I couldn't take my eyes off him just then I remembered my aunt words just as I turned back I heard a deep masculine voice

'Hey'

Hi' I replied shyly

'Arent you the girl I saw some few weeks back over there?He asked pointing towards the direction.
'Yes I am' I said so nervous.

'Do you live here?
I nodded
'With who?he enquired
'My Aunt, Aunty Rose'
Oh ok I'm Raymond but you can call me Ray' what's your name beauty?
'Onome' I said blushing

(1) (Reply)

Making A Full-time Living With Freelance Writing Jobs / Happy Birthday Papa: How Is Nigeria? / Read On This Page.........the World Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.