Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor (25213 Views)

Southern Governors, Leaders Begin Fresh Moves To Get Kanu Out From Detention / DSS Arrest: Tinubu Reacts To Calls For Oshiomhole's Removal / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Alabaarowolo: 7:44am On Jul 05, 2020
APC govt overburdening Nigerians with taxes – Secondus
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus said President Muhammadu Buhari and his ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) are overburdening Nigerians with taxes and tariffs.
Prince Secondus in a statement by his Special Adviser Media, Ike Abonyi, Saturday lamented that “while the rest of other World leaders are raising Stimulus inform of  palliatives to cushion the biting effects of COVID-19 to their citizens, President Buhari is busy heaping more burden on the populace with his endless taxes and tariffs.
https://www.blueprint.ng/apc-govt-overburdening-nigerians-with-taxes-secondus/

Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2020
Apc again....
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by musabayokanu: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2020
This man is the hand of Esau in APC, like Jonah and the ship PDP identified him and the moment they overboard him their ship became stable.

He moved to APC and ever since their ship has been rocking despite no serious wave

Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by IMASTEX: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Villagemeat:
No time to read APC nonsense stories.

APC is an evil party........God help us
grin grin grin I feel you. Won't also wast precious time doing that too
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Edenken: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2020
With this arrangement, it is obvious that the North will still produce the next president. This is because the South cannot produce both the national chairman and a presidential candidate at the same time. They sure know how to short change the South with the help of the South.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by POMPEY1: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Well ,my opinion is that I will advice Ogbonnaya Onu to continue his Ministerial job as Minister for Science and Technology. if he resigns that means he will be replaced by a northerner or a Westerns politician. which will be a negative effect to we Igbo's.
therefore I advice he maintains his stand & allow Ken Nnamani to become APC Chairman so there will be equilibrium in Nigeria ethnicity. (Ogbonaya onu - Minister; Ken Nnamani - APC Chairman both are from Igbo tribe)
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Amdoyin(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2020
APC only shot themselves with the removal of Oshiomole. Congrats to PDP in all elections.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Dansuqi: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Amdoyin:
APC only shot themselves with the removal of Oshiomole. Congrats to PDP in all elections.

How so
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by onyeogalu1(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2020
heysquare:

Is that how it works? Hellooo! Hell No �! Let me burst your brain: once the chairmanship goes to SE, it automatically means they're out of PONG/VP race! Again, the North can't produce PONG after two terms of PMB it would be the turn of the South while VP slot would go to the North. That's how the zoning arrangement works in all the political parties especially in APC and PDP

The President and Chairman cannot emerge from the same Zone. If the South gets Chairman automatically the north gets the President.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by heysquare(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2020
onyeogalu1:

The President and Chairman cannot emerge from the same Zone. If the South gets Chairman automatically the north gets the President.
Another convention would settle that before 2023 general election. PONG slot is coming to the SOUTH
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by TechSkill: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2020
bender79:
A party chairman is a higher office in all sense of it
Tinubu should take it undecided
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Mace0lane: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2020
aolawale025:
Tough choice. Somehow the AC faction may be unable to present a chairman this time

I think that is a good thing cos then, they can argue to produce the president.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by israelmao(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
See what bitterness has caused me

Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
heysquare:

Is that how it works? Hellooo! Hell No �! Let me burst your brain: once the chairmanship goes to SE, it automatically means they're out of PONG/VP race! Again, the North can't produce PONG after two terms of PMB it would be the turn of the South while VP slot would go to the North. That's how the zoning arrangement works in all the political parties especially in APC and PDP

Lol. you really don't know what's going on.

The North is retaining power. PDP will present a Northerner (most likely Atiku). ApC will also present a Northerner (either a plan to counter the Northern candidacy of the PDP or for their own selfish reason). No southern candidate can stand again a northern candidate as the south is divided. So, a North/SE ticket will defeat any SW/North ticket anytime, anyday.
The SE will be compensated with the VP. The Senate President maybe SW.

Now, you said the North can't produce a president after 8 years of PMB. Lol. You are really a novice. As it stands now, the North has done 10 years (Yar adua 2 years, PMB 8 years). The South has done 14 years (OBJ 8 years, GEJ 6 years). If another Southerner rules for 8 years, the South would have ruled for 22 years. You think the North will allow that? No.

You really do not understand National politics. So you think the APC will cede the Chairmanship of APC to the south and still cede the presidency to the south? Lol. Oga, wake up. It has always been known that when the North holds the chairmanship of a ruling political party, the South holds the presidency and vice versa. That's how it has been. So, if the new Chairman of APC comes from the South, the North is retaining the presidency. The Chairman of PDP is from the South, they are giving their ticket to the North!

As for the VP, the SE will be given (because the SW has had the presidency for 8 years, the VP 8 years, the SE none). But the bottom line is that the North ID retaining power. They can decide to dash the Vap slot to the south.

At the end of the day, the SW may likely lose out!

NB: I'm not igbo
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by lagdmark(m): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Why is the wayo Apc shopping for a chairman when Mr Buhari is the sole administrator and owner of APC. Buhari will just hand-pick any boy of his choice to run errand as chairman.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kennydoc:

SE cannot have both National Chairman and VP.

Lol. I'm not sure about the VP but the North is retaining power. That's sure!
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Charly68: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
I laugh tired oo ,these men are jokers,they removed Oshio ..and are looking a saint or angel to replace him in Naija...only a very strong and stubborn man can step into that office successfully ,what Oshio did to pilot the party to its present state is a great job. The men therein are too greedy and selfish to warrant sanity and decorum .It was the refusal of the late chairman to dance to their tunes that cost him his position. In any case it is better for him to stand bye and watch the drama that follows
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by musabayokanu: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
POMPEY1:
Well ,my opinion is that I will advice Ogbonnaya Onu to continue his Ministerial job as Minister for Science and Technology. if he resigns that means he will be replaced by a northerner or a Westerns politician. which will be a negative effect to we Igbo's.
therefore I advice he maintains his stand & allow Ken Nnamani to become APC Chairman so there will be equilibrium in Nigeria ethnicity. (Ogbonaya onu - Minister; Ken Nnamani - APC Chairman both are from Igbo tribe)

Though I don't care who becomes what and all.
Ogbonnaya as a minister what impact has it yielded to the zone? In science and tech infrastructure or industry has he brought to the zone with his position?

Ogbonna is replaced of what benefit will it be the zone?
He had succeeded in emerging wealth for himself and his family and don't care for people who wants his office retained or not as an Igbo slot.
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Chijeep(m): 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lawdis:

Oshiomole isn't shaking anybody rather it's a planned deal to stop the Igbo's from eying the presidential position come 2023
your opinion though
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by onyeogalu1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
heysquare:

Another convention would settle that before 2023 general election. PONG slot is coming to the SOUTH

OK.
If you say so
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by feedthenation(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
Another wasted effort, another recipe for the infighting to continue
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Enemyofpeace: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
Seetto:

Your Monika said it all...

No doubt you need to fumigate your brain of COVID-19 virus...
e pain am grin grin tongue
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by Sunnyja: 12:51am On Jul 06, 2020
onyeogalu1:

How is it possible for PMB to do 8years then followed by another northerner for another possibly 8years?!
Re: APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor by onyeogalu1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sunnyja:
How is it possible for PMB to do 8years then followed by another northerner for another possibly 8years?!

Very possible. Don't forget We are discussing politics and the North have the numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Kill Suspected IPOB/ESN Member In Imo, Recover Weapons / Election: Nigerians Get USA's Permission To Hold Protest Opposite White House / 12 Suspended Anambra Monarchs Beg For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.