Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? (700 Views)

What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by jodababa(m): 7:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning and happy Sunday brethren.
If you're a traveler in Nigeria, you'll observe that at every motor park ,there is one or more preacher(s) sharing the word doc God with the passengers.

Most of them does this with the sole aim of making money why some are doing it for true evangelism.
My question now is that is it right to solicit for money during evangelism in a motor park?

Your contributions will go a long way
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by LordIsaac(m): 7:27am On Jul 05, 2020
We can say that's the motive when they start asking for "gifts" in the end... It negates the principle of "freely he have received, freely give". There's something intrinsically wrong with Nigerian notion of Christianity and it's doctrine in every sense of the word!
Hence, you will find religion and wickedness cohabiting together at the same time in the hearts of people who profess to know God.

1 Like

Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by blackpanthar: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2020
jodababa:
If you're a traveler in Nigeria, you'll observe that at every motor park ,there is one or more preacher(s) sharing the word doc God with the passengers.

Most of them does this with the sole aim of making money why some does it for true evangelism.
My question now is that is it right to solicit for money during evangelism in a motor park?

if they have to ask people for it, then it is not God that provided it.
Luke 22:35-38 Then Jesus said to all of them, “When I sent you out to preach empty-handed, did you lack anything?” “Not a thing,” they answered. “God provided all we needed.”

This is what the bible has revealed.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Joshmodest(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2020
its fraud.
because they sweet talk people into paying them money , by quoting scriptures and telling u that God asked them to ask for seed , the way we sow seed in this country land no suppose remain ....sadly foolish people comply and give them money .
I'd rather give a beggar who comes clean to demand for money than another beggar disguised in monkey jacket .. reading excerpts of a story book to beg for money ..

1 Like

Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Aaronbee7(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Well, in as much I'll agree that some people do it with a genuine intent of winning souls for Christ, majority are just doing it for their pocket because they barely preach the gospel before they start demanding for support. This people have taken it as their hustle as they spend all their time evangelizing only to passengers in motor parks.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by StrikeBack(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Just hustle
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by IamWonderful: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2020
jodababa:

Most of them does this with the sole aim of making money why some are doing it for true evangelism.

If you read your Bible, did Jesus Christ ask for money after preaching? did any of His Apostles ask for money? Anything that Jesus Christ and His Apostles neither preached and practice is forbidden for a CHRISTian, I mean CHRISTian not a church goer or bench warmer

1 Like

Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Na hustle o my brother

3 Likes

Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by GraGra247(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2020
IamWonderful:
If you read your Bible, did Jesus Christ ask for money after preaching? did any of His Apostles ask for money? Anything that Jesus Christ and His Apostles neither preached and practice is forbidden for a CHRISTian, I mean CHRISTian not a church goer or bench warmer

By your deduction churches shouldn't receive offerings or tithes after their regular services.

Jesus was a Godman when he walked the earth. Individual Christians are just mortals that don't have the supernatural Godman powers to get things done.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by DropsMic(m): 8:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Even your suited pastor is a hustler

4 Likes

Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Uyi168: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2020
If everyone was like me, those preachers would have long gone into extinction...
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2020
grin grin grin

Na hustle na
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by CodeTemplar: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Only God knows the heart of the doer. Some maybe a ministry that strayed a little, others maybe outright hustle.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by CodeTemplar: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin

Na hustle na
That your signature ehn, me I don't agree with it. Money is just a creation meant to ease exchange of goods and services, or rather things of the physical.
The bible puts it as "money answereth to all thing". It the means of exchange of all things. Production is what fits that signature most.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by IamWonderful: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
GraGra247:

By your deduction churches shouldn't receive offerings or tithes after their regular services.

Jesus was a Godman when he walked the earth. Individual Christians are just mortals that don't have the supernatural Godman powers to get things done.
Have you read what Jesus said about tithes and Jesus Christ was also seated where offering was collected and a widow dropped 2 mites, which shows it isn't wrong and also Paul collected offering from the Church not sins on the street or in the market place.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by GraGra247(m): 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
IamWonderful:
Have you read what Jesus said about tithes and Jesus Christ was also seated where offering was collected and a widow dropped 2 mites, which shows it isn't wrong and also Paul collected offering from the Church not sins on the street or in the market place.

The church is not the building but rather the people you preach to whether it be in the market place or in a bus.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Janosky: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
GraGra247:

Off point and off key.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by GraGra247(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Janosky:

Off point and off key.

Because you lack the ability to grasp. Its simply far off from your sphere of comprehension.
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
CodeTemplar:
That your signature ehn, me I don't agree with it. Money is just a creation meant to ease exchange of goods and services, or rather things of the physical.
The bible puts it as "money answereth to all thing". It the means of exchange of all things. Production is what fits that signature most.

Loool
You don't have to agree with it sir...
Re: Preaching In Motor Park To Get Money, Is It Evangelism Or Hustle? by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
jodababa:

Is it any different from those who choose to do the very same things from churches built with money they have gotten (through tithes, seeds, and what nots) from members in the name of God?

(1) (Reply)

Watch When A Woman Was Thrown Out Of The Church For Protesting / Help!!! River Niger Bridge Is About To Collapse- Prophet Oluwamodede / What Do These Numbers Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.