Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Build Relationships With God And Not With Your Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Build Relationships With God And Not With Your Pastors (159 Views)

I Am The Spiritual Father Of Some Of Your Pastors – Native Doctor Akwa Who Invit / What Your Pastors Don't Want You To Know - 98% Of Israel Don't Believe In Jesus / Appreciate Your Pastors!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Build Relationships With God And Not With Your Pastors by zinosleek(m): 7:40am On Jul 05, 2020
As a Christian, I have never been carried away with the worshipping of pastors or priests. While I respect the office and authority they hold and believe they are the custodian of the holy place, they are men of God, with emphasis on men.

It has become evident that these men of God are respected in our present society than the idea of the omnipresent God. We hide our evil deeds from our pastor with less thought that the God we worship sees all. This hypocrisy baffled me, especially with the ardent religious worshippers. And this tells a lot about their understanding of the Bible. They seem to want to please these men rather than God.

However, if we understand the word of God, we will realize that our relationship with God is more important than these custodians. Mind you, I am not undermining their importance but stating the most critical part of being religious.

Let's look at what entails a true man of God:

A good custodian of God will direct you into a path to be close to God and not man.

A true man of God will not want you to be dependent on his word or mouth feeding you always.

A true custodian will teach you the word so that you will become independent.

He will be a guide and not a controller of your life affairs.

While the custodian should teach you to hate sin, you should also learn to love sinners.

With a true custodian of the Bible, you will get to understand that the word is free. You do not pay or attend a fancy church to get it.

The points above are missing in our modern-day religion center. These pastors do not want you to be independent with the word of God. They proffer all kinds of methods and doctrine to keep you dependent on them, such as the fear of witchcraft, the promises of wealth, the promises that all will be well, and lots more as long as you are kept under their control.

But the true price of the Word of God is salvation, peace, and freedom regardless of the situation you find yourself. Even Jesus went through a lot in his short life on earth, so why will you believe one pastor will take away all your problem in this world.

God promises to be with us through our tribulations and to guide us through his word. Begin to seek God's world from a different perspective, trying to get closer to Him rather than your pastor and watch your life begin to blossom, as you find peace in a troubling world.

https://livingdfaith..com/2020/07/build-relationship-with-god-and-not.html?m=1
Re: Build Relationships With God And Not With Your Pastors by Dididrumz(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2020
Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / When Prayer Fails, Try Praise / There Is Time For Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.