Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:47 PM

Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) (44288 Views)

Power Outage Looms In Kano As Fire Guts Dan’agundi Transmission Station / Video Of Electricity Workers On Strike Shutting Transmission Station In Nigeria / JUST IN: Fire Breaks Out At Power Transmission Station In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by gnykelly(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
post=91393529:
Founder/Chairman

Prof. Bart O. Nnaji FAS, FA Eng. CON, NNOM

He was born in Enugu State, Nigeria and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in physics at St John's University, New York USA. He then proceeded to the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University for his Masters and PhD in Engineering. He also obtained a Post Doctorate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT).
Nnaji joined the faculty of Engineering at University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 1983. After a few years, he became the Founder and Director of the Automation and Robotics Laboratory at the University. He became a full Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering in 1992. As a researcher, he focused on three major topics: Computer Aided Design, Robotics and Computer Aided Engineering. Using the knowledge he gained from his research pursuits, he created the term geometric reasoning, the idea that most things we operate have a geometric configuration. He is also credited as one of the innovators of the [b]E-design concept, where product design Engineers can work from remote locations collaboratively to design, assemble and test the same product, using the computer and internet/World Wide Web.
Nnaji moved to the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1996 as ALCOA Foundation Distinguished Professor of Engineering. He subsequently was appointed the William Kepler Whiteford Professor of Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, USA, where he also served as the Founding Director of the U.S. [/b]National Science Foundation (NSF) Center for e-Design – a five University-campus NSF Center of Excellence in e-design. He officially left the University and returned to Nigeria in 2007.
In 1993, Nnaji took a leave of absence from the University and came back to Nigeria to serve as Federal Minister of Science and Technology. He founded Geometric Power, Nigeria's first indigenous-owned power development company in 2000. In 2010 he served as Special Adviser to the President on Power, and Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Power. He became Nigeria's Minister of Power in 2011, and resigned in August 2012.

that man has the solution to this country power. but leadership is poor
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by MaziIgwe007: 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
Barth Nnaji was set to be the best Power Minister and then no one heard of him anymore.

I wonder why he left the government. Was it a case of conflict of interest?

Petition to Have The Nigerian Youths Step up to the Plate and take charge of their future - Sign the Petition! Please retweet and follow. https://www.change.org/NigerianYouthsTakingOver via @Change

Do you know Barth Nnaji is the owner of this geometric company??

1 Like

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by deji17: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

This is a man I actually expected Buhari to plead with and lure back to that power sector... This is one of the rare geniuses from the South East.

Everything should not be about calling somebody into Govt before he can deliver. The guy had his time as Minister, he tried his best. Now he is delivering in his capacity as an investor. No be say until person get appointment from Govt before he can deliver. This thread should be about development and not about massaging the ego of an individual or ethnicity of the owner

3 Likes

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by TheMostComplex1: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Umueme:

Any claims to back that??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hjTWRFphfg

Pls show the real Aba that I was locked down in for three months. Aba that the roads are very bad

2 Likes

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Focusmind: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
But the company follow liquidate Diamond Bank sha.

When the bank published list of bad debtors, Geometric was number 1 with about N5bn

3 Likes

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by RTSC: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
I think he resigned due to conflict of interests.#

He wanted to be a player in the sector and had to resign his ministerial post.

An honourable man.

His resignation was a lose to Nigeria.

We have not had any body that could fill his shoes ever since.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Sunriserealtors: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
lastempero:

Una never serious 4 business, to even construct entrance gate na wahala.
With all due respect Sir
Many Investors who are selling their Lands in Lagos worth over a hundred million bought those Lands when the place was entirely bushy with no access road. in the game of Real Estate you buy to wait not wait to buy. But I want to assure you that by the time I post update of this Estate in the coming weeks you will be wowed.

1 Like

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
teresades:
please what's the current status of this project?
At a time there was the problem of Political trapping of this project that they were not allowed to operate

But since two weeks ago, the company had been on the news. Who knows if EEDC and GP + FGN have settled.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by DLuciano: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
GuyWise101:
Aba products are being used in many African countries, saw a perfume produced in Aba and Anambra in Benin Republic, what of shoes and bags they are many.

Ndigbo na agbasi mbo ike....

God bless Igbo land.
story story - story
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by morris477(m): 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kikikikikiki Buhari is working

1 Like

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by musabayokanu: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
Barth Nnaji was set to be the best Power Minister and then no one heard of him anymore.

Petition to Have The Nigerian Youths Step up to the Plate and take charge of their future - Sign the Petition! Please retweet and follow. https://www.change.org/NigerianYouthsTakingOver via @Change

He started building his Geometric power before joining the government. While in government people that wanted his position petitioned him for possible conflict of interest.

He stated he rather quit than suspend his long time dream and aspiration.

He quit.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by lastempero: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sunriserealtors:

With all due respect Sir
Many Investors who are selling their Lands in Lagos worth over a hundred million bought those Lands when the place was entirely bushy with no access road. in the game of Real Estate you buy to wait not wait to buy. But I want to assure you that by the time I post update of this Estate in the coming weeks you will be wowed.

Iam waiting, one of your sales men talked to me about it but iam waiting to see how serious u guys are.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by teresades: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
happybrother:

At a time there was the problem of Political trapping of this project that they were not allowed to operate

But since two weeks ago, the company had been on the news. Who knows if EEDC and GP + FGN have settled.

Wow, thanks for this info. I really wish them success.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by experience16: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
K
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Eroms4life17(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
The moment Nnaji resigned from government, then I knew that the constant epileptic power in Nigeria, benefits a few.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by winterfell007(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Abeg stop disturbing us with this pictures. Since 2012, I've been hearing about the power plant, it's like the owner is no longer interested
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by farem: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
post=91393169:
GEOMETRIC POWER is the pioneer in Nigerian Power Industry. The first Independent Power transmission Station in the country, as well as being one of the first companies involved in urban electrification. In terms of power generation, they brought in the first high efficiency combined emergency power station in 2001 for Abuja. The 22 MW Emergency Power Station in Abuja guaranteed the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) the supply of 15MW. While in operation, the power station successfully supplied uninterrupted power to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (formerly National Electric Power Authority) to serve a dedicated distribution network within Abuja and its environs.

Beneficiaries of the project included the Abuja Central Business District, the International Conference Centre (ICC), the Federal Secretariat and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) headquarters.

This experience led to the Aba Integrated Power Project, a distribution project with an embedded generation company, illustrates GP’s “Integrated Power Solutions Model” of successful power project-islands targeted primarily at enhancing Industrial growth and economic development. The Aba IPP project, as conceived and designed, will pioneer the development of power generation and distribution companies that serve the needs of industrial, commercial and residential areas in an economic cluster, like the industrial city of Aba.
Aba is a city with significant commercial and industrial concerns whose need for adequate and reliable supply of electricity for its complex and growing business environment is paramount. Aba’s industrial products include paper products, soap, glass products, oil mills, beer and water bottling, processed food products, among others. Small metal and wood fabrication industries are numerous presenting significant power loads. Presently, Industries and other consumers in Aba depend on expensive diesel generation for a substantial part of their production because of inadequacy of the power supply from the national grid.
The Aba Integrated Power Project (IPP) has therefore been designed to supply reliable power to industries, commercial businesses, residences and other power off-takers in Aba ring-fenced area through construction, operation and delivery of electricity from the 140 MW gas fired power plant to all off-takers in phase 1 of the project. In addition, the construction of over 100km brand new industry-centred distribution lines will ensure the delivery of reliable affordable power supply to several industries and large commercial entities currently poised to expand production capacity when the project is commissioned. A dedicated 27km gas pipeline has been constructed for the project which will ensure reliable transportation of gas fuel to the power plant from Shell’s gas gathering center, also in Abia State.

Pictures of Geometric Power plant Aba

http://geometricpower.com/projects/aba-phase-i/

I thought Enron was the first.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by ufotty2001: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nnaji the best minister in the history of Nigeria.. I remember then 24hrs power supply now the same area that we had 24hrs power supply we are now begging for 2hrs since when buhari came in
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by busomma: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

He was doing the right thing & stepped on a lot of powerful toes & had to be eased out. He bided when NEPA was unbundled but wasn't given a breathing room either. U should know that Nigeria don't appreciate sincere technocrats.
Glad someone remembers him. Thanks .
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by LastProphet: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
slimfit1:
Hausa government are the reasons why we don't have constant light. As much as I hate Tinubu he tried to change a lot of things which the PDP North used all their powers to prevent. I just don't like him for his selfish actions. If Buhari have a brain he would have call him that Igbo guy Inaji back as minister of power.

Barth was disgraced out of office when somebody was president, was it Buhari?
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by sulaak(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

Barth Nnaji cannot be trusted. He was working as the minister of power at the same time diverting funding into Geometric.

GEOMETRIC POWER is the pioneer in Nigerian Power Industry. The first Independent Power transmission Station in the country,

The first IPP is Azura-Edo:

The Azura-Edo IPP is a 461MW Open Cycle Gas Turbine power station near Benin City in Edo State, Nigeria. It is Phase 1 of a 1,500MW IPP facility located on a 100 hectare site, large enough to accommodate future expansion of the power plant.

azuraedo.com

1 Like

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 06, 2020
I was wondering if the geometric I knew since the early 2010’s abi Na 2008 . This country can’t grow. I remember when we were promised that there will be 24/7 light the next year once geometric completes there plant. We were happy until eedc came with their own. The best solution to Nigeria’s power problem is decentralizing the Grid system. Each state or region should be autonomous when it comes to power. Let the private companies battle it out. Let there be competition.
akpunda86:

My guy this is an old news.do you know how dormant this IPP has been.They hav not settled issues with enugu disco on mode of distribution.Geometric as planned have their own dedicated lines but not possible wit d privatisation.

My guy private IPP is a waste in Nigeria.is more than ten years i looked for work there.

For the gas lines ve been competed since.

This an old power plant ur making it look like was built f recent.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 1:40am On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
sulaak:

Barth Nnaji cannot be trusted. He was working as the minister of power at the same time diverting funding into Geometric.

The first IPP is Azura-Edo:

The Azura-Edo IPP is a 461MW Open Cycle Gas Turbine power station near Benin City in Edo State, Nigeria. It is Phase 1 of a 1,500MW IPP facility located on a 100 hectare site, large enough to accommodate future expansion of the power plant.

azuraedo.com

[/s]
Most of you will come online and be typing nonsense, you know their site but it's hard for you to visit their site and cure your ignorance, anu can you show me how Nnaji diverted public funds to Geometric That's how you guys always expose your stupidity out of jealous and hatred.
Otondo kindly read when Azura-Edo was started and completed

Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by tiwasiaife(m): 4:38am On Jul 06, 2020
I have been to this Geometrics company.
Once you reach Osisioma junction by that flyover,if you are coming from Umuahia,you turn right and move for about a KM you take left just few poles you see it.
I was there last year July and I had a discussion with one of the security men at the post.
This man nearly shade tears after narrating how EEDC were frustrating the good intentions of Prof.Bath Nnaji.
This man built staff quarters inside there too.
In fact the place is good to behold.
I learnt the man has liase with Egyptian government since Nigeria has refused to help him after spending over $trillion of his savings on that place but politics won't allow it to take off.
There are still workers working there and are paid yet nothing is happening.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Chicastle: 5:20am On Jul 06, 2020
Aswear if not because of those corrupt politicians that forcefully made this guy to resign,

The man would have turned Nigeria epileptic power supply to a new dimension. I lost hope in Nigeria's electricity supply when this guy resigned

We all witnessed it.

Just look at what Nepa is doing at ISOLO tin lag. No common power supply noise wan kill people
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by InvertedHammer: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2020
/
Think Home philosophy is the gimmick Nigerians use to lure successful professionals abroad to come home so that they can kill their dreams. Q.E.D.
Only the feebleminded can be caught in such a trap. Go on vacation to Nigeria. Help as much as you can. But only invest your loose change. Don't expect any returns long term.

/
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by Jacknn: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2020
Please do anybody have an idea on how much state owned sub-station owned by the state government under the ministry of energy & electricity,how much is the pay for engineers & scientist that they just recently recruited,pls any good input would be really appreciated as I have few time period to select and what's the career advancement also, please a good nairalander should help??
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by romenna: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
people that are supposed to be leading are been led.
Welcome to naija
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by revolt(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

the western dominated media was employed to truncate him. The guy was an engineer so all the tricks played by nepa officials were jokes to him. He gave them targets and deadlines and drew up the original privatization plan for nepa. These civil servants employed all means to get him out by accusing him of clash of interests with his geometric power. He was left with either standing down from his dream GEOMETRIC POWER(which brought him from the u.s in the first place) or continuing to serve as power minister. Ofcourse since he wasn't interested in looting as most people are, he chose his dream over ministerial position. Under him PHCN became a lot more efficient but he noted the infrastructure was in small and an expansion funded by the fg wad impossible so he drew up the privatization plan.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by 2016easy2017: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
Whoever likes nnpc staff or beg that they get paid, GOD will punish him
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by dhappyking(m): 7:00am On Jul 07, 2020
One of the best gifts this country has, yet our politicians and people who hate progress found a way to sideline him before he could change the narrative permanently. I almost sold my generator when we started having steady power supply during his time in ministry of power. It is well.
Re: Geometric First Independent Power Transmission Station in Nigeria (photos) by otokx(m): 8:10am On Jul 07, 2020
A lot of revelations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Soldiers In Aba, Abia, Set Tank Ablaze / Anybody Who Means Well For Nigeria Will Support Jonathan, Says IBB / Prince Adedamola Aderemi Visits Obasanjo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.