Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds (14742 Views)

Group Gives Buhari 14-day Ultimatum To Prosecute Goje / Reps Panel Summons Emefiele, Others Over N33 Billion Missing Pension Fund / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days Ultimatum To Probe Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by bizzibodi(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chei!Our Pikin don suffer!
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by israelmao(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saint?
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by egbeocha(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
kikero:

Stop exaggerating.

1.Abacha increased fuel prices thrice in his regime. No shouting.We have had fuel price increases for a long period of time. Infact I can remember when petrol was 75 kobo per liter.(1990)

If Government had allowed marketers to control the price of fuel since the 1990's, by now we would have had more refinereis, higher production of fuel , more jobs, and fuel prices would have fallen, and there would have been no smuggling...we would have been an exporter of fuel and other products from oil in gross quanitity.

2.As for debt...we have been borrowing since independence. And the reason why is because we are a resource dependent country. We sell raw materials...like oil, cocoa, cotton, palm oil, beninseed, etc...whose prices we don't control...and import goods and services at a value far more than our export revenue....even imprting stuff we can manufacture.

The sad thing is that government won't take the long road to making us a properly industrial society which would be exporting industrial goods whose prices we can control. That is the way we can stop broowing, not going back to agriculture, or looking for more oil (which would further crash the oil price...which is why the North should stop looking for oil, and look for industries)

Ur first point get enough k-leg bro. U have 4gotten so soon dat dis buhari government told us in the beginning that if dey removed subsidy in petrol, all these things u mentioned in ur first point will be actualized in a matter of 4yrs. But even now, d same old stories in the oil sector are still there with no hope of tackling it. Nigeria is a scam Country in all ramifications.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Advocate500: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
kikero:

There has always been looting. What you are saying was said for every previous admin.

And the reason why looting is bad is because we are not an industrial country. We depend on revneues from exporting oil. That means that because our earning power is dependent on oil prices, not on what we produce by the works of our hands, looting is made easy because he who controls the revenues can steal, and nothing will happen, since our cash is not dependent on industrial output.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
egbeocha:

Ur first point get enough k-leg bro. U have 4gotten so soon dat dis buhari government told us in the beginning that if dey removed subsidy in petrol, all these things u mentioned in ur first point will be actualized in a matter of 4yrs. But even now, d same old stories in the oil sector are still there with no hope of tackling it. Nigeria is a scam Country in all ramifications.

1.If you believed Buhari when he said he removed subsidy, then you don't know how subsidy works.

What the government did in 2016, was to raise fuel prices to the level they could easily subsidize them based on available oil revenues (for some time, keeping oil prices at N97 was unsustainable.).

The hope was that more money would flow in, while oil prices would be low enough to satisfy Nigerians.

But the truth was that, the subsidy was still there. Government was still paying a subsidy.

IF there was no subsidy, or if government had hands off subsidies, fuel prices would have been as high as N200-300 per liter by now.

So long as government controls prices there is a subsidy. And this year, N450 billon was set aside in the budget for subsidies (though we may be paying as high as N2 trillion due to oil price fluctuations.

2.That's why we cannot have new refinereis, because it isn't profitable to do so. And that's why the oil system in Nigeria is in a mess.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Advocate500: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
[quote author=Advocate500 post=91402618][/quote] ur reply is bereaved of common sense,so individuals will provide the enabling environment,security, go and study the functions of a good government before coming here to misinform ur gullible followers.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Advocate500: 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
kikero:

There has always been looting. What you are saying was said for every previous admin.

And the reason why looting is bad is because we are not an industrial country. We depend on revneues from exporting oil. That means that because our earning power is dependent on oil prices, not on what we produce by the works of our hands, looting is made easy because he who controls the revenues can steal, and nothing will happen, since our cash is not dependent on industrial output.

post=91402618][/quote] ur reply is bereaved of common sense,so individuals will provide the enabling environment,security, go and study the functions of a good government before coming here to misinform ur gullible followers.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Advocate500:

post=91402618] ur reply is bereaved of common sense,so individuals will provide the enabling environment,security, go and study the functions of a good government before coming here to misinform ur gullible followers.

And in response, I'll say good afternoon to you, since you chose to insult me, instead of responding with your facts.

I had an answer for you, but guess I won't give it now.

Good afternoon.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Talknochip(m): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Which Buhari? The def and dumbran in Jenifas voice??
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by hopexter(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Foolishbuhari:
Which buhari? The deaf one or the lifeless one?

Both shocked

2 Likes

Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Infinixs5: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Goalnaldo:
If you read all that, you deserve to be appointed the minister of patience. Even me gave up on the way. kiss

Meanwhile, is Reno not a prophet like this? Does this not validate what he said yesterday lipsrsealed

hahahahahahhaahhaha Guy laugh wan kill me..?Minister of Patience??
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by bejeria101(m): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Na presidebt una dey threaten! Una well so?
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Yusman316(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Flyingngel:
Buhari cannot even probe Babachir lawal let alone Yusuf and his gang of thieves then you expect him to probe this one.
Abegi.
Hope u know babachir's case is in court, or u expect Buhari to judge the matter?
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by bejeria101(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
hopexter:

Both shocked

Presidebt or presidiot?
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by NofiuFade(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Tired of political activities in this country, not going to lie just my sincere opinion.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by max57: 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
They said I should pay stamp duty for my rent,so that they will have more to steal, without giving account for, they want me to pay for money they borrowed for Them selves,na God get power ...
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by ladundami: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
THIS SERAP ARE JUST WASTING THEIR TIME. ALWAYS GIVING OUT 14 DAYS, A MONTH ND SO FOR PROBE. IT CAN'T WORK IN THIS MODERN DAY OF DEAR COUNTRY, NIGERIA.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
This group is gradually becoming MURIC and Ishaq akintola.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Flyingngel(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Yusman316 post:

Hope u know babachir's case is in court, or u expect Buhari to judge the matter?

Who took it to court?
And if it is in court, how many years do they need to prove that he embezzled our common patrimony.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Advocate500: 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
kikero:

And in response, I'll say good afternoon to you, since you chose to insult me, instead of responding with your facts.

I had an answer for you, but guess I won't give it now.

Good afternoon.
is painful the situation this country has found itself and most of u still find it easy to play politics I am a progressive by nature, I detest it when people find it difficult to speak out .
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Reference(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
Just goes on and on and on till ypu are sick enough to throw up your Sunday rice.... Corfuption CAN NEVER END. I don't care who presides over this country. As long as the wine skin remains the same the masses will continue drinking bile.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by jcross19: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Officialgarri:

Your age needs to be reviewed. You write like a wailing child
go and sit down!!!! I thought buhari is an angel from planet heaven? I thought the guy is commando fighting corruption? Soon the wind will blow and we shall see the cock anus!!.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Akano5(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Thunder fire all those greedy Politician. ahh Buhari I shake my head for this country..
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by awa(m): 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
It is possible Bubu has robbed this nation dry. Where is the so called integrity of Bubu
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
These ones na awon Hushpuppi Hushbulldog
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by chuzfridam: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Who be this SERAP sef. They have been giving ultimatum over ultimatums to Buhari and nothing came out of it.
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by Blackdisciple(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
See boza...
las las covid1-9 is here
Re: SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days To Probe Over ₦300 Billion Missing Public Funds by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
blackboy:
What has been the result of all their ultimatums? Zero.

This government's impunity is worse than that of Abacha.

They go scot free with what no governemnt not even the military dared and did not go unchallenged.

Is it fuel hike. They do it no shouting no strike. North East Fiasco ? They dont send. Huge debt? They keep borrowing.

Corruption accusation? They ignore. No shaking government.

SERAP una well done but this government wey no send

This government's impunity is worse than that of Abacha.

Abacha is a saint compare to buhari to large extend IDI AMIN DADA IS A BETTER THAN BUHARI

THESE MEN WILL LET ANYBODY GET AWAY WITH MASSACRE OF ITS CITIZENRY.

REPEAT IDI AMIN IS FAR BETTER THAN BUHARI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila, Other African Speakers Push for Debt Cancellation / Agboola Ajayi: Akure Court Orders Arrest Of Ex-ondo Dep-Gov / Reuben Abati Lied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.