Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? (2328 Views)

Are Specs Important? / The Future Of Smartphone Designs. / Average Price Of Smartphone In Nigeria Drops To $95 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by ryfoz(m): 5:43am On Jul 07, 2020
taiwosamwell:

I just leave to dance in their ignorance.. I was trying to educate one when he said itel is better than Lenovo. He was arguing like his life depended on it, I just left him

grin
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nice job here @ Atheistandproud. Please, can you mention some really good processors one should look out for when buying a phone and also display sized and camera types... I intend to get a new phone soon and I am making research already so I can get one that will last me at least 3 years. Thanks
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:
Nice job here @ Atheistandproud. Please, can you mention some really good processors one should look out for when buying a phone and also display sized and camera types... I intend to get a new phone soon and I am making research already so I can get one that will last me at least 3 years. Thanks

Depends on your likes as well as your budget...
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
atheistandproud:

Depends on your likes as well as your budget...

I am looking at anything within the range of 55 to 60k...
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MATURELION: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
atheistandproud:

Exactly!!!

Thats the thing. Send me app, send me app, on top Helio A22 or A25.

Na wa.

Thanks for your well wishes. It's no big deal. I'll always post stuff everywhere.

I'm working on cameras currently. Will post soon.
Hahaha tecno markets will not like this thread cheesy some idiot will still come and drag with op about specs, no be niaraland again grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MATURELION: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2020
skywalker240:
Majority of nigerians are extremely stark tech-illiterates, mostly the ladies (camera and social media crew) and the "so far i make/receive call/message (these are the battery crew)

then the ones who thinks they've been enlightened but they dont even know shit (i was in this category before i started getting wise, and we call them the ROM and RAM crew)

heck, even most marketers at reputable sales outlet are stark tech-illiterates.

before the lockdown, i went to slot ng to get the redmi 8, but it was out of stock and Den a lady came to me and started preaching cheap & affordable "YOU KNOW WHICH DEVICE" to me, and i asked her whats the chip make, i mean the kind of processor make that was used on the "YOU KNOW WHICH C12 DEVICE". on hearing that, she took a palmphlet from the desk and glanced through it, and then smilling the preety girl showed me what was written on the Pamphlet see, IT'S OCTACORE! She said.

many Nigerians also love Deir status quo,

YOU KNOW WHICH BRANDS take dem 4 granted

even MTN DSTV
I laughed at this comment so hard grin octa core grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

I am looking at anything within the range of 55 to 60k...

That won't fly. Add 10k at least.

Customs want to charge 50% on every item imported into the country.

Prices of phones are spiking.
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MATURELION: 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
ryfoz:

Me: Letv, LeEco brand

them: My tecno pass ahm

Another case

spark 2 user: which model be ur fone?
me: LeEco X526, Android 10

Spark 2 user: my camera pass ur own fone o
me: yes e pass ahm, tell urself anything to make urself sleep well at nyt.
that was how one wanna be tech guy in my school who uses infinix wanted to cast my Samsung device saying his own camera pass my own I just kept quiet and let him have a feel of my device while I ran out to meet a lecturer via clearance stuffs I did not ignore him completely I kept an eye on him as he was comparing both cameras and other things, he seemed to be full of regret for getting that infinix it was showing on his face cos he's the type that don't hide his mouth if he wants to say something, I just smiled and took back my phone as he quietly gave it back to me grin
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
MATURELION:
I laughed at this comment so hard grin octa core grin grin

Marketers do it here na.

Octa core processor.

You never see them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by hahn(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
MATURELION:
that was how one wanna be tech guy in my school who uses infinix wanted to cast my Samsung device saying his own camera pass my own I just kept quiet and let him have a feel of my device while I ran out to meet a lecturer via clearance stuffs I did not ignore him completely I kept an eye on him as he was comparing both cameras and other things, he seemed to be full of regret for getting that infinix it was showing on his face cos he's the type that don't hide his mouth if he wants to say something, I just smiled and took back my phone as he quietly gave it back to me grin

Who in their right mind compares Samsung to Infinix? undecided
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
atheistandproud:

That won't fly. Add 10k at least.

Customs want to charge 50% on every item imported into the country.

Prices of phones are spiking.

Jeez! That sucks mehn.. Aii then, with 70k, what options have you got for me.. I am actually considering Xiaomi Redmi 8 or Note 8 or OPPO Realme C3
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MATURELION: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
hahn:

lol the guy is some fvcked up extrovert like that grin you know those type of peope who feel anything goes
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by Hakeem12(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
hahn:

lol, an idiot, that's who. I've actually heard someone in passing compare his camon12 to iPhone XS max, I stopped and stared at him so hard, to tear him slap dey hungry me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by Hakeem12(m): 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Jeez! That sucks mehn.. Aii then, with 70k, what options have you got for me.. I am actually considering Xiaomi Redmi 8 or Note 8 or OPPO Realme C3
note 8
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hakeem12:
note 8

Oh okay thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by hahn(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
MATURELION:
lol the guy is some fvcked up extrovert like that grin you know those type of peope who feel anything goes

Hakeem12:
lol, an idiot, that's who. I've actually heard someone in passing compare his camon12 to iPhone XS max, I stopped and stared at him so hard, to tear him slap dey hungry me.

Na wa

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by ryfoz(m): 1:02am On Jul 09, 2020
MATURELION:

LOL... shame no go make ahm talk again

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by reigncalif1: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2020
nice one op
av got a question ,does processor play any role during LIVE STREAMING cause I can't get it or is it only the network 4g or 3g that does all the work.
can a high speed internet stream flawlessly on low end cpu
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by korban3134(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2020
Hakeem12:
My sister uses iPhone XS, the only thing she practically cares about in a phone is the camera. We both went to a friend of hers birthday party sometime last year and she wanted to take pictures. Her phone was dead and she borrowed mine. She was like " let me manage your camera, my phone is dead." She took a lot of pictures with her friends, posing in different ways till I ran out of patience and asked for my phone back.

When I showed them the pictures, her friends and her were speechless. She asked; "What app did you use to edit that? You had this phone since, and you don't take pictures? Her friends were bringing out their phones and asking me to send it to them. I told them their transgender phones can't take it wink, that it won't work. One was like; " are you serious, I bought this camel(you know which) for 75k, abeg help me send am." To clear all doubts, I sent it to her. She told me to send again. She restarted her phone and told me to try it once more. She couldn't believe her eyes. That personal incidence made her a xiaomi convert.

grin grin grin grin grin @ "camel" & "transgender phone"

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by taiwosamwell(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
reigncalif1:
nice one op
av got a question ,does processor play any role during LIVE STREAMING cause I can't get it or is it only the network 4g or 3g that does all the work.
can a high speed internet stream flawlessly on low end cpu
The processor plays a big role. First, the speed attainable depends on the process, most flagship processor can go up to 7 Gbps with 5G tho. Second, the processor is what supports 4G,3G or 5G.
Btw if you want high internet stream speed go for a mid-range processor or better a flagship processor.
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by tafat: 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nice one op, people have to respect other people's choice when buying phones, you might be a camera freak while the other person just wants a device with a massive battery
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by jonathanOz: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
atheistandproud:
Surely, you must have come across a lot of people who dismiss specs as rubbish. I know I have. As soon they ask, “oh this your photo is lovely, how can I make my phone take such a photo?” As soon as you start explaining that their phone uses an 8 megapixel (mp) camera and cannot take pictures like a 48mp camera, you have lost them. They are no longer interested. Other times, they may walk in on you playing a popular but very demanding game like eFootball PES 2020 and they are like, please send me na. You check their phone and they are using a low end Mediatek device and soon as you try to explain the technicalities, many of them would say “send me game jor”. Sometimes, the game may work and lag or it may not even work at all. Rather than blame the phone, many of them may blame you the sender or the app. It’s even possible that some of you belong to these set of persons I just mentioned.

At many reputable outlets, the marketers do not bother to educate their customers because the customers do not want to be educated. We always want the short version. “Is the phone good?” “Yes”. “The camera good?”, “Ehn….”, “Yes or no?”, “Yes sir/ma, top notch”. Owa! As the Yorubas would say, we don buy phone.

Everyone has different uses for a phone. Different people with what they value in a phone;

-There are some people that care about processor performance and the ability to run any app or play any game.

-There are others who are social media enthusiasts and only care about pictures and cameras.

-Another group only cares about batteries.

-Some others who use their phones as mini television sets fuss over the displays of their phones.

-And finally, there are people like me who are the allrounders. We want a bit of everything in a phone in the above list i.e Good Processor, Good Display, Good Battery, Good Camera e.t.c.

If you like good processors in a phone, you’ll have to learn about the different types of processors that are used in phones as well as the companies that make them.

If you are a camera person then you need to learn about megapixels, image sensors and image sensor makers, focal lengths, pixel sizes and how these affect camera performance.

Battery people don’t have a lot of stress, they can learn about the several types of batteries as well as battery capacity in milliamp hours (mAh).

When you are conversant with these information, you’ll understand why your camera performs the way it does or why your phone is fast or slow amongst other things.

The last and most important of all these is Price. Apart from the fair few who can afford any Smartphone that they want, a lot of us, myself included use a phone for about two years before opting for a new one. Even at that the resources for getting a new phone may be very limited and would often leave a hole in your pocket. Some companies may sell for fair prices while others sell for unfair prices and cheat customers. When you know your specs, no one can manipulate or deceive you.

https://inquisitiveuniverse./2020/07/05/why-is-the-knowledge-of-specs-important-to-you-as-the-consumer/
Hi! Please recommend a phone for me. My budget is 100k plus or minus some extra cash. I don't want to buy Tecno, infinix or their likes, would prefer a Samsung phone. I'm really not a techie but I'd love something with good all-round quality. Thanks
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by atheistandproud(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
jonathanOz:

Hi! Please recommend a phone for me. My budget is 100k plus or minus some extra cash. I don't want to buy Tecno, infinix or their likes, would prefer a Samsung phone. I'm really not a techie but I'd love something with good all-round quality. Thanks

In Nigeria...

I'll recommend

Redmi Note 9S

Redmi Note 9 Pro

Redmi Note 8 Pro

Samsung Galaxy A31, A50 or A51

Nokia X7 (8.1)

Outside Nigeria

Honor 9

Realme X2

Realme 6

Motorola One Vision

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by investigator007: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
ok, noted
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by investigator007: 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
very true, talking about devices with an amazing battery, check out the likes of the pouvoir 4 that comes with a 6000 mah battery
tafat:
Nice one op, people have to respect other people's choice when buying phones, you might be a camera freak while the other person just wants a device with a massive battery
Re: Why Is The Knowledge Of Smartphone Specs Important? by jonathanOz: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

In Nigeria...
I'll recommend
Redmi Note 9S
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A31, A50 or A51
Nokia X7 (8.1)
Outside Nigeria
Honor 9
Realme X2
Realme 6
Motorola One Vision
Cheers
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

GSM Business in Nigeria - How viable for new entrants? / Best Nokia Tool Cracked / Why Is Everyone Selling Their Tecno Boom J8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.