Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG (693 Views)

Doguwa Goes Berserk Again, Assaults Another Party Leader, Threatens Ex-SSG / Mass Exodus Hits Kebbi APC, As 2 Ex-Dep. Govs, Ex-SSG, 2 Ex-SAs Defect To PDP / Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sunday Abegunde, the immediate past Secretary to the Ondo State Government, has revealed that Governor Rotimi Akeredolu was not the winner of the 2016 governorship election.
Abegunde made this known in an interview he granted in Yoruba language on Crest FM, Akure, shortly after he tendered his resignation letter on Monday.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain noted that he was part of those that made it possible for Akeredolu to occupy the Government House despite not winning the election in 2016.

Abegunde said left the Akeredolu administration following the ill-treatment meted out to him by the governor for the three and a half years he occupied the position.

The former SSG revealed that he suffered in the present administration because the governor didn’t release any funds for his office.

Abegunde added that he resigned because he could no longer be part of a government that made its supporters and citizens pass through hardship.

He said, “I suffered in his (Akeredolu) administration because he didn’t release any fund for my office grants. He has been telling lies that he was giving me N5m every month even when he knew he didn’t give me such money.

“Where on Earth did the governor give me such funds? Recently, I reported him to Governor Fayemi of Ekiti State and he promised to invite both of us to Abuja for settlement. I remember that I told Fayemi that I was going to spit on the face of Akeredolu if he repeated the lie that he was giving me N5m monthly if we meet face to face, and I would then return to Akure to resign and as well Inform the public of his looting sprees.

“Akeredolu didn’t win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor.

We were the pillars behind him and we will not support him again. He will lose this time around.”
He added: “The Akeredolu’s administration is making the entire people of the state suffer and I cannot be part of that any longer. Everyone is suffering. He doesn’t pay salaries at the right time. As a matter of fact, Akeredolu has not performed to the expectations of the masses apart from the roads he is rehabilitating.

“Akeredolu has turned Former Governor Mimiko to a saint with his own abysmal performance.
We now see that Mimiko did well as governor because he gave his people enough funds to operate. I had worked with three governor’s, and I can say that in the history of Ondo State, Akeredolu is the worst governor.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-akeredolu-didnt-win-2016-governorship-poll-former-ssg-reveals/

Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by XXLMANDIGO: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Really? I hope this is not true. A whole SSG??
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by Blueorb: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by Racoon(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
“Akeredolu didn’t win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor.
Politics is always dirty.Most are just dishonest.
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by madridguy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
grin
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by StreetFight: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lock him for election rigging.
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by omoiyamayor(m): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
The man should be invited for interrogation on election manipulation and so on, these people are taking us for granted so much.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by inoki247: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
we all know Na highest Rigger dey always win
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by Piggyyeasters(f): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ipob are indifference this time around
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by Omihanifa: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
So it's even about the money he didn't get that is making him to be angry cheesy one would have taught he was fighting for the masses angry

The ex SSG is lying that the governor didn't do anything undecided even the blind knows that Gov akeredolu has performed excellently well though he still needs to get his politics right

What is paining all these guys is that the governor is very prudent with the state resources

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by GogetterMD(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Anguish secondary to uncirculating money
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by seanfer(m): 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
Like I said before this man is scheming to be the deputy Governors running mate.
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by WonderManly(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by TheFreeOne: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2020

In a sane clime this dude will be invited for questioning on this allegation and made to face the full wrath of the law with his rigging accomplices.

But unfortunately anything goes in naija politics.
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by TransflectTP(m): 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by bolinxman: 7:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Oyegun and Badaru rigged the primary election for Aketi, Abraham won the primary,while the gubernatorial election was also rigged in connivance with government apparatus.
Re: Akeredolu Didn’t Win 2016 Governorship Poll, We helped him rig it- Ex-SSG by Mynd44: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2020

(1)

BREAKING: Ondo State Civil Servants Threaten To Embark On Strike / Godswill Akpabio Insist on Forensic Audit of NDDC / Foregoe your constituency, have your rights denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.