Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience (4757 Views)

Talking About Gorilla Screen Phones, Shout Out To Xiaomi / Does Switching Off Mobile Data Minimized Data Consumptions? / Ok. I Give It To Xiaomi. The Mi Note 10 Is Maaaaddddd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Arguing with you is a waste of time, if you refuse to comprehend simple english. I'm done with you, have a nice day.

And you too fam. Stick to pressing Xiaomi and feeling glam about it.

China ambassador cheesy
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

cheesy cheesy poverty don finish this one. How much is 450k? cheesy cheesy
Leave am, as if he was there when you bought the phone.
All this iPhone 6s users self grin.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Mad ooo grin, s20 ultra really messed up, especially the exynos shit. Rooting for s20 note or s21 series (amd x exynos)

No bro its a top notch phone. I mean xiaomi can't compare when you put all specs together but so far I noticed I no longer bother about charging phone twice a day and secondly Samsung phones hit up when gaming on it which I haven't noticed in this xiaomi (same game I play on Samsung).

If personal preference. I have used all Samsung flagships.... Maybe I just got tired of their poor battery.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:16am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

I suffered in their hands. But I even bought the recently released Xiaomi for my kid brother. It is just my personal decision after I nearly died of electrocution from one of their devices
grin grin
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

Lmfao never said you were broke bros. I just said you couldn't afford to use it.

I've bought and used so many without selling them as mint or open box.

You do that as a business and I respect that. But dont come and say you used them, cos you didnt.

Note the difference

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

No bro its a top notch phone. I mean xiaomi can't compare when you put all specs together but so far I noticed I'm no longer bother about charging phone twice a day and secondly Samsung phones hit up when gaming on it which I haven't noticed in this xiaomi (same game I play on Samsung).

If personal preference. I have used all Samsung flagships.... Maybe I just got tired of their poor battery.
S20 ULTRA, is a good phone no doubt. But they messed up in the camera and chip department, and it's way overpriced. Hope s20 note will be alright cheesy, a little bit cheaper.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Lmfao never said you were broke bros. I just said you couldn't afford to use it.

I've bought and used so many without selling them as mint or open box.

You do that as a business and I respect that. But dont come and say you used them, cos you didnt.

Note the difference

I used it chief. Check my profile further I was coming from note 9. I would have gotten note 10 but S20 Ultra came quick and I usually go for the latest flagship. I bought 3 of which one is for personal use. I used for about a month and I can tell you those phone specs are mostly gimmicks.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

S20 ULTRA, is a good phone no doubt. But they messed up in the camera and chip department, and it's way overpriced. Hope s20 note will be alright cheesy and a little bit cheaper.

Yes bro. If S20 Note gets it right then there may be a rethink. No phone is worth 400k or $1000.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:25am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

I used it chief. Check my profile further I was coming from note 9. I would have gotten note 10 but S20 Ultra came quick and I usually go for the latest flagship. I bought 3 of which one is for personal use. I used for about a month and I can tell you those phone specs are mostly gimmicks.

If you say so tho. At least you have bought and used them however brief the period, so you can at least have a say, not that Xiaomi king making noise here.

Still cant fathom why you would use a Xiaomi over a samsung tho.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by ArticleBeast: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

grin grin
My brother it was not funny that day o.. This was after my Tecno caught fire on its own. Oppo decided to shock me... I just plugged the phone, the next thing na close to my door I see myself. I just package them keep for corner.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

My brother it was not funny that day o.. This was after my Tecno caught fire on its own. Oppo decided to shock me... I just plugged the phone, the next thing na close to my door I see myself. I just package them keep for corner.
Might be a manufacturer defect, most people would have been complaining about the same thing.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Obzerfapex(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2020
hardeycute:
You be Olodo assembled or not, iPhone is made in China but designed in US.

Although, not everything is made in China as other parts are source from other parts of the World. If you don't know, let me tell you now that Apple only makes the design and OS, everything else is outsourced.

check the back of iphone you will see designed in california assembled in china

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

If you say so tho. At least you have bought and used them however brief the period, so you can at least have a say, not that Xiaomi king making noise here.

Still cant fathom why you would use a Xiaomi over a samsung tho.

Okay let me point out why. My reasons are personal.

First and foremost is horrible battery life. On all Samsung flagship devices I've used they never seem to get past 7hrs SOT no matter the configuration and tweaking. I'm a very heavy user who does 80 percent of my job on the phone....... Samsung wasn't helpful in this aspect. In summary their battery suck or their aren't too good with their optimisation. I struggle to run this xiaomi to 30%(very hard) I average 12 hour SOT on the days I'm on heavy use.

Secondly, if you are a heavy user you will notice Samsung gets hot when running some high graphics tasks for an hour. I literally put it in freezer sometimes for like 1 minute just to cool it.... Surprisingly I'm running those same apps on this xiaomi and I don't get such hotness which makes me agree that benchmark test is bullshit and doesn't equate day to day use.

There are other functions I can mention but like I said, when you put functionality, quality and specs together xiaomi can't compare to Samsung(at least for now).

My switching is for personal preference on which aspect of a phone is more important to me.

7 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy E Shock you (in bro shagi's voice)

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by ArticleBeast: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Might be a manufacturer defect, most people would have been complaining about the same thing.
It might be and most don't have a calcare. Instead they collect your device under the pretext of sending it to Lagos. Na only you go vex go collect the phone back.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by edoairways: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Izendu:

I never insulted infinix I just wrote an honest review, you know Xiaomi phones are better but yet u guys are still lieing to your selfs.
If you were honest, you shouldn't have mentioned tecno at all. This only shows your ulterior motive behind this post

4 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by festwiz(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Bro kobo sense you dont have. You said he is complaining about never using China phones, but his iPhone is made in China. Dont you see the folly in your thinking? 70% of the parts aren't even from China, yet you think Apple likes using China as an assembly point?

Let's not argue bro. Enjoy your Xiaomi and stop arguing like a teething baby.

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

Okay let me point out why. My reasons are personal.

First and foremost is horrible battery life. On all Samsung flagship devices I've used they never seem to get past 7hrs SOT no matter the configuration and tweaking. I'm a very heavy user who does 80 percent of my job on the phone....... Samsung wasn't helpful in this aspect. In summary their battery suck or their aren't too good with their optimisation. I struggle to run this xiaomi to 30%(very hard) I average 12 hour SOT on the days I'm on heavy use.

Secondly, if you are a heavy user you will notice Samsung gets hot when running some high graphics tasks for an hour. I literally put it in freezer sometimes for like 1 minute just to cool it.... Surprisingly I'm running those same apps on this xiaomi and I don't get such hotness which makes me agree that benchmark test is bullshit and doesn't equate day to day use.

There are other functions I can mention but like I said, when you put functionality, quality and specs together xiaomi can't compare to Samsung(at least for now).

My switching is for personal preference on which aspect of a phone is more important to me.

Bro you sure you weren't using the Exynos variants? I use a note 10 plus snapdragon, and I have never experienced this. Yes it initially gets hot but cools after like 5 mins as the processors adjust to the new task. Play COD, PUBG, use TOR browser, work on it almost 247 and never experienced these issues.
Maybe you should stop buying the international variants. They are always Exynos. I always ensure mine is US network unlocked to ensure I get snapdragon tho.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=festwiz post=91469405][/quote]

Thanks for drawing our attention to this fam. Assembled ain't the same as made!

Thank you! grin
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by festwiz(m): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Thanks for drawing our attention to this fam. Assembled ain't the same as made!

Thank you! grin

Lol. You misunderstand. They can't afford to make the parts for the devices so purchase several components in China or ship them to their assembly factories in China.

Take Coke for example. If you buy a bottle of Coke in Nigeria, is it the one made in the USA or the one made in Nigeria?

Seeing how they, Apple, don't have assembly plants in the Americas, all iPhones or most iPhones purchased worldwide are from China, Chinese labour and some Chinese hardware.

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Bro you sure you weren't using the Exynos variants? I use a note 10 plus snapdragon, and I have never experienced this. Yes it initially gets hot but cools after like 5 mins as the processors adjust to the new task. Play COD, PUBG, use TOR browser, work on it almost 247 and never experienced these issues.
Maybe you should stop buying the international variants. They are always Exynos. I always ensure mine is US network unlocked to ensure I get snapdragon tho.

You may be right cos I mostly buy international versions. How about your SOT?

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
festwiz:

Lol. You misunderstand. They can't afford to make the parts for the devices so purchase several components in China or ship them to their assembly factories in China.

Take Coke for example. If you buy a bottle of Coke in Nigeria, is it the one made in the USA or the one made in Nigeria?

Seeing how they, Apple, don't have assembly plants in the Americas, all iPhones or most iPhones purchased worldwide are from China, Chinese labour and some Chinese hardware.

Simple, you are right sir.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
festwiz:

Lmfao the A-Bionic chip is made in China?

Screens made in China?

They dont have assembly points in the US because it's more expensive to do so. But not all the parts are from China.

I suggest you refer to that list put forth by that Xiaomi guy to check abeg
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by KrazyDave16(m): 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Screens made in China?

They dont have assembly points in the US because it's more expensive to do so. But not all the parts are from China.

What fest.Wiz said

1. They can't afford to make all the parts cos if they do, their products will be bloody expensive, say $5000 up

2. Purchasing parts from vendors (Samsung, Sony, BOE, etc) is a better alternative to reduce cost.

3. Assembled in China is cos of cheap labour.

4. The coke example is a clear example. If Coca cola in USA insists on distributing their products, coke for naija go pass #100 and they'd be running a loss cos you yourself won't buy when alternatives dey for #100.

5. Apple can build assembly plants in the US but US laws will force Apple to answer to the US, things like privacy will be a thing of the past for Apple and iPhones will be the most expensive smartphone.
And there's talks of Apple moving their HQ out of USA cos the Senate are churning out ridiculous privacy laws that's going to affect all smartphones.

There, I broke it down for you. These arguments are pointless.

2 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by festwiz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Screens made in China?

Refer to the last paragraph if confused. Good day.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by skywalker240(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

grin
DONT, PLEASE DONT grin
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by tacygurl: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
People can lie ehn. Which of the OPPO, please?
ArticleBeast:

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by ArticleBeast: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
tacygurl:
People can lie ehn. Which of the OPPO, please?
K
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Flytime: 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by skywalker240(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

grin

PLEASE STOP grin

DONT grin

Okoto meow grin
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Flytime: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Samsung high end are the best, but their midrange to low end are poor, this is where xiaomi and others dominate.
Samsung went wrong with there A series
Thier J series was much better then.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by sunshineV(f): 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

skywalker240 come ooo I don laff taya grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Yowhatsapp V8.36 (yowa) Apk With Anti-ban Features / Tecno Boom J7 Versus Infinix Hot Note X551 / Mtn Is Stealing From Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.