Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,437 members, 7,958,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience (5127 Views)

Talking About Gorilla Screen Phones, Shout Out To Xiaomi / Does Switching Off Mobile Data Minimized Data Consumptions? / Ok. I Give It To Xiaomi. The Mi Note 10 Is Maaaaddddd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Assembled not made in China
Don’t mind the dude, has issues with understanding
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by hardeycute(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Assembled not made in China
You be Olodo assembled or not, iPhone is made in China but designed in US.

Although, not everything is made in China as other parts are source from other parts of the World. If you don't know, let me tell you now that Apple only makes the design and OS, everything else is outsourced.

Accelerometer: Bosch Sensortech, based in Germany with locations in the U.S., China, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan
Audio chips: Cirrus Logic, based in the U.S. with locations in the U.K., China, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, and Singapore
Battery: Samsung, based in South Korea with locations in 80 countries
Battery: Sunwoda Electronic, based in China
Camera: Qualcomm, based in the U.S. with locations in Australia, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, and more than a dozen locations through Europe and Latin America
Camera: Sony, based in Japan with locations in dozens of countries
Chips for 3G/4G/LTE networking: Qualcomm
Compass: AKM Semiconductor, based in Japan with locations in the U.S., France, England, China, South Korea, and Taiwan
Glass screen: Corning, based in the U.S., with locations in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, The Netherlands, Turkey, the U.K., and the United Arab Emirates
Gyroscope: STMicroelectronics. Based in Switzerland, with locations in 35 countries
Flash memory: Toshiba, based in Japan with locations in over 50 countries
Flash memory: Samsung
LCD screen: Sharp, based in Japan with locations in 13 countries
LCD screen: LG, based in South Korea with locations in Poland and China
A-series processor: Samsung
A-series processor: TSMC, based in Taiwan with locations in China, Singapore, and the U.S.
Touch ID: TSMC
Touch ID: Xintec. Based in Taiwan.
Touch-screen controller: Broadcom, based in the U.S. with locations in Israel, Greece, the U.K., the Netherlands, Belgium, France, India, China, Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea
Wi-Fi chip: Murata, based in the U.S. with locations in Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, India, Vietnam, The Netherlands, Spain, the U.K., Germany, Hungary, France, Italy, and Finland

7 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2020
elvischukie:

Don’t mind the dude, has issues with understanding
Apple is made in china, assembled and designed in california. If apple is indeed made in usa, you will pay $3000 to buy an iPhone.

8 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2020
hardeycute:

Although, not everything is made in China as other parts are source from other parts of the World. If you don't know, let me tell you now that Apple only makes the design and OS, everything else is outsourced.
You dey mind am, spewing trash. All phones at least has a component made in china, even Samsung.

2 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by hardeycute(m): 10:27am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

You dey mind am, spewing trash. All phones at least has a component made in china, even Samsung.
Majority of them using iPhone does not know about the production of iPhone. I no blame them sha because na inferiority complex dey worry most of them.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Apple is made in china, assembled and designed in california. If apple is indeed made in usa, you will pay $3000 to buy an iPhone.
oga apple is owned by Usa, where they choose to assemble it isn’t any of your problem. Apple is USA, no go fall your self hand with this kind mumu talk

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2020
hardeycute:
Majority of them using iPhone does not know about the production of iPhone. I no blame them sha because na inferiority complex dey worry most of them.
There's a reason why almost all industrious companies, have branch in China. Because of cheap labour
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

so apple is is a chinese company abi?, please don’t make me laugh..
Most companies choose to site they assemble plants in china cos of the low cost of labour compared to when sited in their own country, that dosnt mean they are owned by china..
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2020
elvischukie:

oga apple is owned by Usa, where they choose to assemble it isn’t any of your problem. Apple is USA, no go fall your self hand with this kind mumu talk
So what as far as it is made in china, china can use it as a pawn in playing mind games with usa. China is one of apple's main market other than the usa and europe.

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2020
elvischukie:

so apple is is a chinese company abi?, please don’t make me laugh..
Most companies choose to site they assemble plants in china cos of the low cost of labour compared to when sited in their own country, that dosnt mean they are owned by china..
When did i say it's a Chinese company. You said you won't touch Chinese product, but you have forgotten that your iPhone, have it's components made in china grin

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

There's a reason why almost all industrious companies, have branch in China. Because of cheap labour
exactly what i just said, china labour is one of the cheapest, makes production easier, that dosnt mean the the materials used are made in china, almost half of products used in usa comes from china, but owned by us base companies .. if usa decides to ban china tomorrow, apple will seize to sell or be assembled in china, just like the huawei sega
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2020
Chai what about us still using tecno
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

So what as far as it is made in china, china can use it as a pawn in playing mind games with usa. China is one of apple's main market other than the usa and europe.
oga iphone is owned by usa, they are in control of every single aspect, chinas part is labour force simple, nobi china design materials
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2020
elvischukie:

exactly what i just said, china labour is one of the cheapest, makes production easier, that dosnt mean the the materials used are made in china, almost have of products used in usa comes from china, but owned by us base companies .. if usa decides to ban china tomorrow, apple will seize to sell or be assembled in china, just like the huawei sega
Materials are certainly made in china. Why do you thing apple is based in China. So it will easy for them to control thier supply chain. China has the largest reserve of rare earth metals which is used in the production of semiconductors.

2 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2020
elvischukie:

oga iphone is owned by usa, they are in control of every single aspect, chinas part is labour force simple, nobi china design materials
It's American owned no doubt, but made in china, simple grin.

3 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:
I personally left Samsung after trying xiaomi and I'm not going back. I've been a Samsung user for over 10 years....... Again no going back.

Pretty sure you've never used a high end samsung before.

Either the old S series or the J series.

Talk true bro

5 Likes

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by hardeycute(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

You're correct. It's a win for the government and the population, employment and industrialization.

Bad leadership down here is why we can't take advantage of our population like Sino.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

When did i say it's a Chinese company. You said you won't touch Chinese product, but you have forgotten that your iPhone is made in china grin

Made in china means it's a chinese product?

Chai chai chai, brain oh, brain grin
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Talk true bro
Samsung high end are the best, but their midrange to low end are poor, this is where xiaomi and others dominate.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 10:53am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Made in china means it's a chinese product?

Chai chai chai, brain oh, brain grin
You simply lack comprehension, Apple is American owned but that doesn't change the fact that it is made in china. Made in china doesn't affect the ownership.
That made in china is a tag, that promotes china globally. So china, knows what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by XOTHEHOST(m): 10:53am On Jul 07, 2020
ArticleBeast:

I cannot use a pole to touch anything China whether Huwaei, Xiaomi, Tecno, Infinix, Oppo and their fellow chinco. Once it is made in China, I rather use a torchlight phone that use one.
why can't you use Chinese product
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

You simply lack comprehension, Apple is American owned but that doesn't change the fact that it is made in china. Made in china doesn't affect the ownership.
That made in china is a tag, that promotes china globally. So china, knows what they are doing.

Bro kobo sense you dont have. You said he is complaining about never using China phones, but his iPhone is made in China. Dont you see the folly in your thinking? 70% of the parts aren't even from China, yet you think Apple likes using China as an assembly point?

Let's not argue bro. Enjoy your Xiaomi and stop arguing like a teething baby.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2020
Most of you complain china bla bla, do you know 70-80% of things in your house are made in china grin.
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Bro kobo sense you dont have. You said he is complaining about never using China phones, but his iPhone is made in China. Dont you see the folly in your thinking? 70% of the parts aren't even from China, yet you think Apple likes using China as an assembly point?

Let's not argue bro. Enjoy your Xiaomi and stop arguing like a teething baby.
Did you not see, that almost each of the companies that he listed, that apple outsource from, have a branch in china. Didn't you read it. Why do think apple produce phones in china, brainlet. I hate arguing with people like you, who are hell bent in learning from others. Benz, bmw are all German companies, they have plants in china. Does that make them a chinese company. It doesn't make them chinese, only that their cars are made in china, simple grin

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by ArticleBeast: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2020
hardeycute:

K
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by ArticleBeast: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2020
XOTHEHOST:
why can't you use Chinese product
I suffered in their hands. But I even bought the recently released Xiaomi for my kid brother. It is just my personal decision after I nearly died of electrocution from one of their devices
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2020
Karex81:

Did you not see, that almost each of the companies that he listed, that apple outsource from, have a branch in china. Didn't you read it. Why do think apple produce phones in china, brainlet.

Mehn guy, I carry yansh for you.

A branch doesnt mean that they produce anything there. Haba. You just want to double down on your puerile thinking and its embarrassing. Look at that list again.

The parent companies aren't from China, but have branches, just like Samsung and co have branches in China. Does that make them Chinese by default?
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Talk true bro

Lol I actually moved from S20 ultra which I ended up selling here on Nairaland. You can check my profile..... E shock you abi?
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Mehn guy, I carry yansh for you.

A branch doesnt mean that they produce anything there. Haba. You just want to double down on your puerile thinking and its embarrassing. Look at that list again.

The parent companies aren't from China, but have branches, just like Samsung and co have branches in China. Does that make them Chinese by default?

Arguing with you is a waste of time, if you refuse to comprehend simple english. I'm done with you, have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Jung(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

Lol I actually moved from S20 ultra which I ended up selling here on Nairaland. You can check my profile..... E shock you abi?

Still dont agree sha. You didn't use it. You bought and sold it for the cash. You couldn't afford to use it. Probably wasn't even yours to sell

1 Like

Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by Karex81(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2020
1x2x3:

Mad ooo grin, s20 ultra really messed up, especially the exynos shit. Rooting for s20 note or s21 series (amd x exynos)
Re: Switching To Xiaomi. My Experience by 1x2x3: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Jung:

Still dont agree sha. You didn't use it. You bought and sold it for the cash. You couldn't afford to use it. Probably wasn't even yours to sell

cheesy cheesy poverty don finish this one. How much is 450k? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help With "Htc-s620" Browsing Configuration / How To Use Simple Server On PC Without Modem But Through WIFI Tethering / Between Lenovo A1000, Alcatel One Touch Popstar, Tecno L5 And Gionee M3 Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.