Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,040 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned (283 Views)

Ondo SSG Princess Odu In Shouting Match With Governor Aiyedatiwa During Cabinet / Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 / Ondo SSG, Ifedayo Abegunde, Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by TheHope: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2020
.... SAYS AKEREDOLU DIDN’T WIN 2016 POLL, BACKS ABRAHAM FOR GOVERNOR

Reveals how Akeredolu gives all Ondo contracts to wife, son, in-laws

Former Secretary to the Ondo state government who resigned his appointment this morning, Hon. Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, has disclosed that he left the Rotimi Akeredolu-led administration as a result of the cold wars between him and his erstwhile principal.

Abegunde who was speaking on Crest FM In Akure this afternoon said that the ill treatment he did receive from Akeredolu made him to quit the administration.

According to the former SSG, the sufferings he underwent In the hands of Governor Akeredolu for the three and half years he held sway as the Secretary to his government were too much.

In his statements, Abegunde popularly known as Abena said he was unable to cater for the needs of all his followers because the governor didn’t release any money for his office grants.

Reacting on the N5 million which Governor Akeredolu reportedly said he was giving him as office grants monthly, Hon. Abegunde said the governor was only telling lies, adding that he should come forward with an evidence regarding that.

His words: “I was suffering in his administration because he didn’t release any fund for my office grants. He has been telling lies that he was giving me N5m every month even when he knew he didn’t give me such money.

“Where on Earth did the governor give me such funds? Recently, I reported him to Governor Fayemi of Ekiti state and he promised to invite both of us to Abuja for settlement. I remember that I told Fayemi that I was going to spit on the face of Akeredolu if he repeated the lie that he was giving me N5m monthly, and I would then return to Akure to resign and as well Inform the public of his looting sprees”

On the 2016 governorship poll, Abena explained that Akeredolu lost the election to the PDP candidate, Eyitayo Jegede.

According to him, it was through the powers from him (Abena) and other APC pillars that made INEC declare Akeredolu as governor after he had lost it.

His words: “Akeredolu didn’t win the election in 2016 but we made it possible for him to become governor. We were the pillars behind him and we will not support him again. He will lose this time around”

Abegunde further said that he resigned because he could no longer be part of a government that makes its subjects to pass through hardship.

He said: “The government of Akeredolu is making the entire people of the state to suffer and I cannot be part of that any longer. Everyone is suffering. He doesn’t pay salaries at the right time. As a matter of fact, Akeredolu has not performed to the expectations of the masses apart from the roads he is building.

“Akeredolu has turned Former Governor Mimiko to a saint with his own abysmal performance. We now see that Mimiko did well as governor because he gave his people enough funds to enable them cater for the needs of their own supporters. I had worked with three governor’s, and I can say that in the history of Ondo state, Akeredolu is the worst governor”

Abegunde pressed further that the people that enjoy this government are Akeredolu’s wife,son and In-laws from Imo state.

His words: “Akeredolu has reduced the government to the property of his wife, son and in-laws from Imo state. All the contracts in the state are being given to his wife, son and the people from Imo state”

The former SSG however made it known that he has decided to support another aspirant from the APC, Mr. Segun Abraham, whom he described as the ‘Messiah’ that Ondo state needs.

Source: https://ondoupdate.com/ondo-ssg-ifedayo-sundayabegunde-reveals-why-he-resigned-says-akeredolu-didnt-win-2016-poll-backs-abraham-for-governor/

Re: Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by Xzellentgraphic: 7:40am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmmm....Akeredolu reelection looks blink.
Re: Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by dapotanye(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2020
These people sha, it is now you're telling us that he didn't win the election. I think this guy should be arrested for some of his confession
Re: Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by Flyingngel(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2020
ok
Re: Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by uniqueboi1(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2020
Aketi is not a politician I swear. A whole SSG
Re: Ondo Ssg, Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, Reveals Why He Resigned by Mynd44: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2020

(1)

15 Killed In Fresh Katsina Attack / VIDEO - Governor Wike imposes Curfew In Bonny, Onne Again / How Can We Fight Corruption In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.