Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Our Lives - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Lives (359 Views)

Why Haven't You Read The Hottest Dorm Story? The Secret Lives Of Dorm Girls / One Story You Shouldn't Miss Out. The Secret Lives Of Dorm Girls / BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Lives by desire1111(f): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
the story mostly revolve around a girl named Rachel Dawn and the lives of her friends

1 Like

Re: Our Lives by desire1111(f): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
CHAPTER ONE

NORMAL POV
I can't believe I'm really here, Rachel squealed happily struggling to roll her luggages inside her apartment which she currently is sharing with her elder brother jake. Rachel, her brother called out to her dragging his foot lazily to the door, what are you doing he asked, geez I don't know your little sister is just moving in and I don't know you're just standing there looking at me like I'm crazy, she spat angrily with her hands on her waist, Jake smiled at her and said I miss you too, he reached out to help her with her luggages and brought them to her new room upstairs, Rachel walked inside the room and looked around with a visible hint of surprise on her face, she turned to her brother, what's this you totally got the design wrong I told you I wanted a classic room not a baby's room how are my friends gonna react when they see my room looking like my little sister just threw up on it God this is so messed up she said to Jake, well first of, you don't have any friends, secondly nobody will want to be friends with a stuck up daddy's girl like you even if more than half of the girls her are daddy's girls and thirdly shut up I'm still your big brother, with that last word Jake walked out of the room, so rude she sighed.

RACHEL'S POV
Well anyways my name is Rachel Dawn I'm 19 and I come from a family of five which includes my dad and mum, my big brother Jake and my little sister Chloe and myself, Jake's 21 and Chloe's 9, lemme give a little description on every member of my family starting with Jake he's kinda like the black sheep of the family always getting in trouble and all, next up Chloe she's the little angel that everyone wants to look after, but me I guess Jake said it all I'm a daddy girl, why? I guess it's because when my mum gave birth to me unlike other babies I was born silent I didn't make any sound so my parents were confused and the doctors confirmed that I was dead, my mum was really devastated and dad said he would like to hold me for a while so the doctor allowed him to, he carried me in his arm for a while and the next thing was that I started breathing, the doctors didn't know how but they said I miraculously came back to life, so since then my daddy made sure I got everything I wanted cause well according to him I came back to life for his sake, back to my introduction both my parents are lawyers, I'm from igbo but I live in lagos, I just got accepted into the American University of Nigeria its a private university in Yola, Adamawa of northeastern Nigeria that offers the American style to study Sociology and Anthropology, the school is amazing, I just hope I can make friends here because Jake was right I don't have friends, I sighed, well that's that about me, lemme start arranging my stuffs

NORMAL POV
Done and done, Rachel said while cleaning an invisible sweat off her face, what to do next she thought, suddenly her face lit up with a smile, she walked out of her room heading to Jake's room upon reaching the door she thought about knocking but she ruled it out, she opened the door and saw Jake shirtless sitting on his king sized bed smoking, you still smoke she asked Jake, what are you doing here he looked at her expressionless, I just wanted to see if you are free so you can show me around she answered, leave I'm busy he replied with smoke coming out from his nose , jakey come on I'm bored, you're bored she whined, so you think you can pester me he sighed and I'll keep pestering you until you say yes Rachel added, okay fine yes let's go, he stood up from his bed and put on his T-Shirt, Rachel and Jake walked out of the house hand to hand one who does know they are siblings will think they are in a relationship, while walking through the street the security light lit up the school area the school was indeed big they were different places they passed by that looked nice and welcoming, they walked through the street and Rachel could sense people looking at them Rachel knew for a fact that herself and Jake were blessed with amazing features Jake was tall light skinned, an handsome face and a built body, while Rachel was average in height, fair skin with a glowing complexion and she has curves in all the right places and a nice ass that every guy would drool, her breast weren't that big but it was her size and not to talk about her pretty face that looks innocent with dimples that appears anytime she smiled, and her pointed nose that goes well with her lips , she doesn't need make up to be beautiful, one of the reasons why Rachel never seemed to have any real friends was not only because she was spoilt but because many girls are envious of her they will try to befriend her so they can humiliate her and make her feel like being beautiful is not enough.
Rachel and Jake got to a bar after so much exploring and decided to take a drink, Jake you know everyone is literally looking at us Rachel smiled get use to it when you're with a guy as handsome as me everyone ought to stare Jake answered with a wide grin on his face, Rachel rolled her eyes at his ridiculous attempt to feel high, but I noticed something earlier guys here are really hot, I could use a boyfriend, in the blink of an eye a guy was standing in front of Jake and he greeted Jake with a friendly handshake afterwards he looked at Rachel and smiled she rolled her eyes looking irritated, hey there beautiful what's the attitude for he asked politely Rachel paid no attention to him she took a sip of her drink wondering what the human being in front of her wants, Jake noticed the tension and coughed gaining their attention hey Kelvin what's going on Jake asked, why is your girl giving me attitude Kelvin spat, she's not my girlfriend she's my sister Jake answered, Kelvin looked at Rachel surprisingly and answered Jake you didn't tell me you sister was this hot and you didn't tell me she was coming to this school I would have prepared a lot for this meeting, Jake smiled turned into a frown what the hell are you talking about, why do you care if my sister is coming here I have no intentions in letting my sister hang around you so stop having expectations, Rachel smiled because she knows her brother is over protective of her he would never want a guy to come close to her, Rachel stood up from her chair gaining everyone's attention in the bar she told her brother she would like to go back home, Jake was reluctant at first to let her walk alone since it's almost 10pm in the night but Rachel assured him that she was going to be fine, she walked out of the bar knowing fully well everyone was staring at her, Jake looked at everyone's reaction and smiled that's my sister, also the show of.

RACHEL POV
I walked on the street going back to my apartment and I kept on hearing whistles from guys, I should have listened to Jake, I brought out my iPhone 11 to text Jake to catch up with me and suddenly someone bumped into me, can't you watch were you are going I yelled angrily reaching up to pick my phone, oh God I just hope the screen is not broken I just got this phone last month, I reached down and picked the phone up, the screen is still intact, you bumped into me you almost ruined my phone screen, I looked up and froze at the sight in front of me, guys weren't considered beautiful but this guy was beautiful, hey I'm really sorry for bumping into you he said to me but it's like my lips were sealed I couldn't utter a single word, hello I'm sorry he apologized once again but I was too busy in fantasy land to even pay attention until he tapped me bringing me back to Earth I was really embarrassed and I did the stupidest thing one could think of I ran off like a little baby.

JAKE'S POV
I need to leave now it's already midnight and I'm already getting high I said to Kelvin, Kelvin smiled going to see Bella, i grinned, you know me so damn well, i dug my hands inside my pants pockets and walked out of the bar, shit I didn't bring my car out I looked up at the sky, walking on the pathway I noticed no one was around this part except a girl wearing sleeveless white gown just below her knee she has long jet black hair with a very beautiful face, very pretty but with the way she walked I could tell she's scared, next thing I knew she was in front of me, hello I'm new here and  I was wondering if you could should me the way out I kind of lost my way she said to him, wow even her voice is pretty I thought, alright I can see you're scared of walking alone I accompany you while I show you the way out that is if you don't mind, don't worry just point me in a direction and I'll be on my way she replied politely I promise I won't bite, she looked to her left and right, alright if you insist thank you she smiled, we walked on the pathway in silence until I decided to break the silence so where do you live I asked, close by I stay with my family she answered so why did you choose this school, it's personal she answered shortly, oh okay I'm Jake by the way, you can call me lina she looked at me smiling, her beautiful what interrupted by her phone ringing, she opened her purse and brought out phone answering the call hey Mom what's up? Yeah I'm on my way home now she ended the call and said to me Jake thank you so much I think I can take it from here it was a pleasure meeting you I hope I see you again she ran off and I still couldn't stop staring at her until she was completely out of sight and then it hit me I didn't take her number, crap this I messed up

NORMAL POV
Rachel was lying on her bed thinking of how her day went, she got a call from Jake informing her he would not spend the night at home she sighs before ending the call she thought about the guy who she just met and how beautiful he was, she smiled to herself thinking of how happy her new life was going to be, or so she thought.

1 Like

Re: Our Lives by desire1111(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
CHAPTER TWO
NORMAL POV
This is it for you, school, Jake sighed, rachel looked around the hallway of where she would spend four years of her life studying and replied dryly, yeah I guess so, I get the feeling I'm going to like it here, Rachel squealed happily, what class do you have first, asked jake, I think I have introduction to sociology SOC101, Rachel said while looking at the time table she held in her hands, i really hope i don't hear the lecturer speaking Spanish this time around she added, don't worry about it since you're starting with SOC101 that's a good start I'm sure you'll get to know more about your course so don't worry about it, and speaking of classes I have to get to one see you later, Jake left her standing all alone and lost, she looked around once again and reached for a map of the school she had printed earlier from the school website, she followed the red line on the map she held in her hands until she got to her destination. Wow, she thought looking at the lecture hall it looked like a cinema she thought, the seats were red in colour and the lecturer was teaching with projector and a white board beside him and the floor was remarkable it was tiled with marble tile and the blinds on the window were light brown in colour, because of the air conditioner the classroom has all the windows were closed, Rachel was snapped out of her thought by a man standing in front of her

RACHEL'S POV
Ah young lady I see you are late that is something I won't accept in this class, he said with a thick British accent, I am so sorry sir I had a hard time getting here I promise it won't happen again, fine take a seat, he said to me, walking to an empty seat all eyes were on me, in that moment I was waiting for the ground to swallow me because the kind of looks I was getting was not the comfortable one I hurriedly took a seat beside a girl with blonde weave she was really beautiful, maybe I should just say hi, no I shouldn't maybe after the class, but then how would I make friends, I ruled out the negativity in my head and said hi to her, but Instead I got the embarrassment of my life she just looked at me and rolled her eyes turning back to the lecturer, chai see me see trouble o, only hi when I talk Sha I no blame u, na myself I blame as I too dey do busy body, I turned my attention back to the lecturer and brought out a notebook from my bag and tried my best to pay attention to what he was saying but still I wasn't getting anything was I that dumb, I hissed causing the whole class to look at me, did I just hiss out loud I thought, young lady is there anything you would like to share with the class, my british lecturer asked, but I just shrug it off with a simple no and he returned back to lecturing, this is going to be a long day, a murmur left my lips
Time was really slow today but I'm happy to say the lecture for the day has ended, I hanged my designers bag and started walking out of the lecture hall, so check out today ended with me not making any friends, apparently the students here are all stuck up and spoilt but no worries I'm just starting so maybe I can.... hi, a voice interrupted my thoughts and looks up and saw another beautiful girl but she was dark skin, but woah her skin was glowing she has small set of eyes and a pointy nose and really nice cheekbone paired with a doll like lips, she had black braids on and I have to say it looked good on her, and wait was she talking to me I had to look around so I wouldn't make a fool of myself, I noticed you in all the classes I had today so my guess is you are also in sociology department, she said softly like she was scared to speak, umh yes I am, and knowing me Rachel and I answered in my princess voice, so I was wondering if we could be friends, hearing her say she wanted to be friends with me really took me by surprise and I stared at her like she was crazy, you want to be my friend, and here comes my snobbish personality, well yeah since we're course mates it won't be such a bad idea, she added, a smile grew on my face sure I would love to be your friend I'm Rachel, and I'm Daniella nice to meet you. So Danny and i, yeah I'm calling her Danny it's better, we walked to the school garden that was breath taking we sat on the carpet grass and talked about so many things and the shy girl I met an hour ago was no more, we talked for a while until I spotted Jake for afar and waved I really wanted Danny to meet him but she got a call from her mum and unfortunately she had to leave, we exchanged numbers and she left. Hey I thought I saw you with someone asked jake, oh that was Danny my new friend I said with so much pride, wow said a surprised Jake that's a record he added, shut up Jake I said making a silly face and then two girls walked past us and waved at Jake, I rolled my eyes at their gestures, my brother the girls killer, what I'm not even into them, he answered like a lost puppy, speaking of which I saw this girl her name is Lina she's really pretty with great skin but I couldn't get her number, I just hope I see how around, because that's someone I would really like to go down with, he grinned wickedly, ew don't talk about that with me, I really hope you don't get to see her cause your intentions are just evil.

RACHEL'S POV
After getting home in Jake's car, I decided to opt for shower since it's been a long day after showering I dryed my body up and skimmed through my wardrobe and brought out a white demin shorts that hugged my ass perfectly and I mash it up with black camisole bra, and decided the best thing I would do now was to go to sleep so I crashed on my bed next thing I heard was someone knocking on my door, probably Jake he didn't wait for a reply from me he just bust in and sat down on the couch, what's up, let's go to a party, he asked, what now it's past 8 it's too late, I answered with insecurities In my sentence, nothing's gonna happen let's go, he sounded convincing so I just got up and took my Jean jacket and put on a sneaker and thus I was ready to go without knowing what the night holds for me.
Re: Our Lives by 4tizzlle: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
Amazing piece. Following !!!!��
Re: Our Lives by desire1111(f): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
CHAPTER THREE
NORMAL POV
Rachel and Jake walked into a nightclub, jake
sited his friend ola sitting on one of the chairs on the bar section so engrossed in the weed he was smoking, he left Rachel and walked up to ola and they greeted each other with a handshake, what about bami, Jake asked looking at the environment, he said something about going to see his sister, ola answered with smoke coming out from his nose, I thought this party was going to be dope but at the rate.... he stopped in his sentence halfway because of the person he suddenly saw walking towards his direction he thought she looked really pretty and he has seen her before but he can't remember where, then it hit him, she was the girl he bumped into some few nights back, he was just staring at her because she looked like a godness with the neon lights changing the colour of the shorts she was wearing, he was staring at her until their eyes locked, Rachel looked at the guy sitting down beside her brother and she remembered he was the guy she bumped into the first night she got into town and immediately she felt embarrassed because it was her fault, she wanted to just leave the party, but then Jake looked at her worriedly and asked, Rachel is everything ok you seemed tensed, yeah everything is fine, she answered bringing her head down, so guy what were you saying, Jake asked turning his attention back to ola, it's not important anymore, ola said while getting rid of the weed he was smoking
Ola this is my sister Rachel, Rachel meet ola, Jake spoke, nice to meet you, ola said politely, ola stared at her and she equally stared back at him Jake could sense the tension between the two, what's going on here, Jake asked, we know each other Rachel answered, remember the day I got here and I told you to show me around which u did and later allowed me to walk back home at night when it was the most dangerous time of the day Jake rolled his eyes at her sarcastic comment, on my way going back home I bumped into him I was so angry because it was his fault, Rachel be nice said jake, it's alright it was my fault and I'm sorry ola apologized, whatever I don't have time to listen to you Rachel, let's go ola, Jake said, don't worry I'll stay here with Rachel, ola replied, Jake just looked at him with the if you do anything to my sister I will kill you look and without any further word he just walked off leaving them alone, ola ran his eyes all through her body, why are you starring at me like that it's embarrassing, Rachel said, then maybe you shouldn't have worn that, how are you even comfortable with that he looked around and almost half of the guys eyes were on her and to make matters worst she removed the jeans Jacket she was wearing leaving her in only her black camisole bra and her white short that showed her curves and the sneakers she was wearing, her hair was long straight black weaves that made her look like mami water and to top everything her fair complexion making her look like a girl that was sent to destroy the destiny of so many men, chai this girl is so fine I have never seen anyone so beautiful, suddenly he felt possessive of her and told her to put her jacket on she was reluctant at first but when she saw the look on his face she didn't need to be told twice she wore her jacket back, seeing her do that he lets out a sigh of relief, just so you know I didn't put my jacket back on because you said so, I did it because it was actually getting cold, Rachel said childishly, ola look at her and smile and thought to himself this girl is so cute and so full of drama, so tell me what are you studying because I know you just gained admission no wait don't tell me you are studying sociology, ola said proudly, how did you know, Rachel said while taking a sit beside ola and looking at him intensely waiting for his answer, ola smiled and answered, it is written all over your face, how can sociology be written on someone's face, Rachel questioned, have you seen your departmental girls, ola replied, oh is it because of the way I dress, Rachel spat, no they're beautiful ola added, so you think I'm beautiful Rachel asking desperately waiting to hear his answer, ola looked at her and was speechless he didn't know if he should tell her she's beautiful or not he decided to just say it, you're really beautiful, Rachel looked at him and smile I know I'm beautiful she said with pride, why did your daddy tell you that, ola said smiling, well yes she answered and besides I know I'm beautiful because when I look in the mirror and I see this face, this complexion and this body, I know I'm really beautiful, Rachel added boastfully has anyone ever told you brag a lot, ola said, Rachel just looked at him and smile, so tell me about yourself, asked Rachel, well I'm ola studying medicine currently in my final year, I'm 24 and I'm an only child, ola replied, wow medicine that's a nice course, Rachel added, yeah how old are you, ola asked, I'm 19 Rachel replied, 19, you look 22 and act like 14, said ola, God I feel so insulted I am leaving, Rachel replied dramatically, don't leave I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult you, ola pleaded, Rachel looked at him and rolled her eyes, ok fine you are forgiven, ola looked at her and thought of how amazingly cute and childish she is, do you like wanna give me your number, ola asked, sure, Rachel smiled.

RACHEL POV
Today is Saturday and Danny promised to spend the night over at my place, it's going to be nice, I'm thinking we are going to use this opportunity to get to know each other and bond in the process, the door bell rang interrupting me from my thoughts, Jake can you get that, I yelled as loud as I could so he would hear me, I can't I'm busy, came in Jake's voice, so annoying, I whispered, I got up from my bed, left my room and walked up to the front door to open up, hey Danny, I said after opening the door, come here you I pulled her into a hug and we giggled like little kids, I ushered her to my room, Danny gasped seeing my room, she said it was beautiful, well what can I say I want the best for me, I said out loud, so what do we have planned, Danny asked, well I was thinking we watch a movie, what do you think, I said to her, fine by me what movie, came in her reply, me before you, I said with a smile.
After the movie ended me and Danny were already crying because it was so emotional, it ended with the guy dying, that was a sad movie, Danny commented, yeah it was very sad, but still it's not real, so what's the point of wasting our tears let's do something else I said while cleaning my tears, let's talk about out love life I said while grinning a donkey, okay so tell me Rachel do you have a crush on someone, Danny asked while pushing me playfully on the side, I contemplated if I should tell her about ola but then again I need someone to talk to about him, so I started off by saying yes, his name is ola, ola she said cutting me off, yeah you know him, I said with curiosity getting the best of me, yeah is he in medicine final year, Danny asked, yes he is, is there anything you know about him, came in my reply, well I heard he is dating this girl named kemi, Danny said, kemi, who's kemi do I know her, I asked impatiently, remember your first day in SOC101 class, the girl that was seated beside you that you tried talking to, that's kemi, said Danny, oooohhh so that's kemi, ola's girlfriend, wow two Yoruba people, I said while trying to conceal the pain I was feeling in my heart, hope you don't feel bad cuz for all we know they might have broken up, Danny said while looking at me with pity, hey I'm ok, I said while trying to sound loud and happy, anyhow how about you, do you have anybody, i asked, she looked at me and smiled, she began using one of her fingers to twirl her long braids, for the little time I've spent with her I know for a fact that when she does that she's really shy about something, well there was a day I met this guy, his name is Jake and God like Rachel you need to see him, he's amazing, she said while smiling and kept her face like she was having a flashback. Jake, hmmm thought, can you describe how he looked like, I asked and there she was describing how my brother looks like, I couldn't say anything not because I was in shock but because I didn't have anything to say, everything just got really weird now, but whatever she doesn't need to know yet he's my brother, Rachel!!! I was snapped out of my thoughts by Danny's voice, well you and this Jake guy goodluck you're going need it, I said to her, but she just looked at me and smiled without knowing my words had more meaning than they appear to have, anyhow we spent the night talking about so many things until we decided to call it a night and went to bed.

1 Like

Re: Our Lives by desire1111(f): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
next chapter loading

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Download Ebooks / Muscle Building Tips That Anyone Can Try / Story Of The Day: Our Whole Life We Disregarded Our Younger Son, And He Found A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.