Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

French Club Dijon Signs Nigerian International Desire Oparanozie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Club Dijon Signs Nigerian International Desire Oparanozie (241 Views)

PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. / Dangote Close To Buying Valenciennes, French Club / Ramos Sent Off In Third PSG Appearance As French Club Struggles Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

French Club Dijon Signs Nigerian International Desire Oparanozie by robosky02(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
French club Dijon signs Nigerian international Desire Oparanozie

French club Dijon signs Nigerian international Desire Oparanozie
French Women’s football top division side Dijon have completed the signing of Nigerian international striker Desire Oparanozie on a two-year contract from top-flight rivals Guingamp.

The Super Falcons star saw her six-year-long career come to an end with the French side Guingamp following the cancellation of the 2019-20 season in France, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Désiré Oparanozie is Dijonnaise! The Nigerian international striker has signed up for 2 years! Very happy to see you wearing our colours @oparanozie9,” Dijon announced on twitter.

“I am happy to start a new adventure after six years in Guingamp,” Oparanozie said on the club’s official website. “I am delighted to be able to discover something else.”

“I really like this club and the coach’s speech, which has followed with me for a long time, convinced me. I am very honoured to sign for DFCO.”

Oparanozie, 26, was born in Owerri, Imo State, South Eastern Nigeria. She started at Bayelsa and Delta Queens in Nigeria and winning two titles with the Warri based outfit before she moved abroad to sign for Turkish side Luleburgaz 39 Spor in 2011.

She had also enjoyed a brief but unforgettable career stint in Russia, where she made her first-ever outing in the Uefa Women’s Champions League in the colours of Rossiyanka in 2012.

She later starred for German giants Wolfsburg before making a return to Turkish side Atasehir Belediyespor where she left for Guingamp in 2014.

The four-time African Women’s Cup of Nations winner also represented Nigeria at the maiden U17 Women’s World Cup at New Zealand 2008, and part of 2012 U20 Women’s World Cup in Japan.

She made her third senior Women’s World Cup appearance in France, where she captained the Super Falcons to the Round of 16 for the first time in 20 years last summer.

https://www.von.gov.ng/french-club-dijon-signs-nigerian-international-desire-oparanozie/
Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: French Club Dijon Signs Nigerian International Desire Oparanozie by bigdammyj: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nice one. Wishing her good luck

(1) (Reply)

Ref Watch: Should Man United Have Been Awarded A Penalty Against Aston Villa? / Manchester United Attackers In Best Form Ahead Of Crystal Palace Clash / Manchester United Needs To Make Top4 Spot To Drive More Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.