Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo (1025 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. / See How To Make A Spicy Cow Meat Pepper Soup, It Is Great For This Weather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by 7Ebisco: 3:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
Everyone should be mindful with the way we speak English everyday, we all know that English is not our mother tongue, we have our own respective native Language.

For us to look different, unique and presentable from others, we should be able to pronounce Some words correctly, for instance.

1) We have Moi-Moi

which is called Bean pudding.

2) We have Akara

which is called Bean cake.

3) And we also have Pap/Akamu

Which is called Corn flakes.

In this Article, We are going to be looking at the original name of Egusi Soup.
Egusi soup

is a kind of soup

thickened with the ground seeds and popular

in West Africa

, with considerable local variation, which you can enjoy with Starch like Eba, FuFu or With semo depending on your choice. Egusi is an benefit oil seed with more than 50% of oil. It’s a good source of essential amino acids, vitamins and micronutrients, so to avoid embarrassment the original name for Egusi Soup is Melon Soup.

Within your home you can call it Egusi soup but when you’re outside or Restaurant, be unique and different by calling it Melon Soup

These are Some ways to enhance your spoken English.

1: Always read books, like novel, magazine, Newspaper etc.

2: Always Check out for new words you come across with your dictionary and jot it down.

3: Always watch educational And English movie series to learn new grammar.

4: Always make out time and practice those words Remember practices make progress so always practice what you learn.

I hope you learnt something new, if you feel there is something that should be added to the list you are free to add yours. if you do not agree with the corrections made above, you’re free to share your opinion in comments Boxes.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/avoid-embarrassment-stop-calling-it-egusi-soup-it-is-wrong-see-the-correct-word/

1 Like

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Na ur money I use buy am?

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by SKhanmi: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Mama rasheedat abeg give me 5 fufu with melon soup grin

Better call it the original name before Dem carry another thing come your table. A classier restaurant would serve you a menu & only few ever write melon soup. Egusi is egusi biko

5 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by DaddyRochie1642: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bean Pudding Kee You There.

Sister Ogechi abeg gimme Mai Mai and Fanta grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by cjeriia: 10:00am On Jul 08, 2020
Abeg pap is not corn flakes oooo. Even tho the active ingredient is corn. The end product is not flaky so why name it corn flakes Oga. Abeg Akamu na Akamu or Pap. Leave am for us like that

5 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'egusi Soup' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Wo by Nedlog01(m): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.

It's for those in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Banga Soup / Help My Girl Friend Served Me Pepper Soup Egg!! / Fabbri Live Show @ Justfood West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.