Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord (19731 Views)

'Sugar Rush' Movie Banned From The Cinemas / SEE REASON WHY Censors Board Has Banned Jade Osiberu’s “sugar Rush” From Cinemas / Jade Osiberu’s Sugar Rush Nollywood Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by hotplate: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2020
sugar rush is merry men diff is one was women the other was men
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Rahkman: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2020
grin nonsense film useless film
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by SmartPolician: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2020
When I see the time, resources and effort that go into films made in Lagos, I cannot help but appreciate those guys.

The guys in east need to up their game

Instead of making 5 junky films, they should pool their resources together and make one amazing movie. I am worried that their films are rarely shown on local cinemas.

Yes, most of the films shown on local cinemas are shot in Lagos. I even saw Sugar Rush in the cinema

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by YorubaKinging: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Where is my money??

That igbo accent though!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by phemmyfour: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Just watched the useless film today

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by MrEazi223: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2020
The movie is a scrap, total waste of time and resources (MB).

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by seanwilliam(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Shed4peace:
I bet the Nigerian movie industry(Nollywood) has the capacity to dethrone the great Bollywood and Hollywood only if they will start acting Gospel/Christian Movies..........

Meanwhile How far Huss-Magu?
they can never degrade Hollywood.. stop being delusional

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by MaestroID(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Oladoyinipede:
Pls is it available for download?and if yes,where apart from Netflix.

Telegram
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 11, 2020
seanwilliam:
they can never degrade Hollywood.. stop being delusional

Mediocre spotted, your white dominance mentality is so appalling. Spitts

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by geosuzzy(f): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2020
Good effort but overhyped!
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by SouthPaw24(m): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2020
Nawa for movie review oo. Comedy movie and you're looking for brilliant dialogue.
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by geosuzzy(f): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2020
Good effort but over hyped!

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by SAMBARRY: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2020
omokoginimi:
Very rubbish movie. I’ve never been so disappointed
I thought as much.same way they overjoyed merry men part 2.naija movies hennn.they sabi hype and over advertise film .

If they dedicated as much time to the quality and content of the movies maybe Hollywood will be partnering with them to do movies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by RuddyFusion(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Nice Movie
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by seanwilliam(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2020
Shed4peace:

You clearly delusional... learn how to swallow bitter pills.
This is not asslicking.. white is century ahead of black both in humanity and development...

But as usual your dumbass would blame your misfortune on something.. prove me wrong! Ode

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Dammylois(f): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2020
I do not like this movie..can't believe it got sick much hype
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2020
seanwilliam:

You clearly delusional... learn how to swallow bitter pills.
This is not asslicking.. white is century ahead of black both in humanity and development...

But as usual your dumbass would blame your misfortune on something.. prove me wrong! Ode

Hey bro, I deal with facts not fiction: if only you can decipher how more humane and potentially gifted we are(blacks), I bet you won't spitt these your garbages. SMH
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2020
SAMBARRY:
I thought as much.same way they overjoyed merry men part 2.naija movies hennn.they sabi hype and over advertise film .

If they dedicated as much time to the quality and content of the movies maybe Hollywood will be partnering with them to do movies

Believe me, MM2 is way better. This one no get head e no get tail. Just some people talking and talking and talking with so many failed attempts at humour.

They even had to do some Ugandan juju by shooting flying bullets that Banky could catch.

Is it they don’t watch before putting out? Lazy writer, lazy casts, lazy director. Bro, make I just keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by yrex01(m): 11:13am On Jul 11, 2020
I'd never bad mouth fer effort but nollywood needs to stop flaunting wealth in movie n let it be real.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Lilevibes(f): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2020
The Movie is so dope.. Have it on repeat
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by just2endowed: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2020
Let patronize Nigeria
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by seanwilliam(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Shed4peace:

Hey bro, I deal with facts not fiction: if only you can decipher how more humane and potentially gifted we are(blacks), I bet you won't spitt these your garbages. SMH
Brother, why are we yet to see the impact of the bolded??
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by wamide042(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2020
OP na $1M Dem steal ooo...
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by xcelentattitude(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
God FORBID that I use my money to go see a Nigerian Movie drama at the cinema.
Call me unpatriotic, I don't care. It's not reasonable for me to watch a Nigerian substandard drama with the same amount I watch quality foreign movies.

The lazy idǐots acting "Siddon talk" kind of movie-dramas will expect to use a million naira to make nonsense movie and get one MILLION DOLLARS in return.

They want to earn the same amount and be recognised like the hardworking foreign actors but they can not be creative to give quality stuff out.

LAZY THIEVES!

Damn!!

Where's all these hatred coming from brother

It's fresh!

Abi dem suppose give you role to act wey dem no come later give you ni?

I hate Nollywood with passion, or atleast I thought I did, but I gotta give it to you brother grin

You hate Nollywood pass me grin

I rep Mount Zion movies any day, anytime grin
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Froshloaded: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2020
Overrated but e still Make sense!!
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by yesloaded: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2020
othermen:
A balanced review perhaps. Won't disagree. A movie has done enough, if you get one or two laughs from it. But Sugar Rush struggles to entertain you sometimes. It attacks common sense, and takes away your life or time in exchange for so little or rather, you come out worsened from the movie.

If you want something to help you brood, just go to the library and if you want something to help you laugh, just watch Mr Bean, or re-watch the dense and witless Jenifa's diary, that is how much the movie fails.

Certainly, there were some point in the movie, where if the whole movie were to be half that trajectory, it would have been a little great. Like the point where Tobi Bakre character ceases. The character of Bola Sugar however does a terrible disservice to that scene and other scenes she appears where the one or two laughs you may get from the movie, she steals it from you...her character is so exaggerated that it becomes unreasonable, and annoying. The same with Uchemba Williams character. Maybe they were both supposed to play dumb, but they were dumb at playing dumb.

The whole movie, introduces you to potential, and then disappoint you, that you feel it is better listening and watching Buhari than watching the movie or listening to the dialogue of the movie, if you keep the movie mute, you may be better of. If you have taste, and conscience, and you are earning salary, don't watch... use that money for weed or charity...however if you are as rich as Otedola, and you have a life as long as Methuselah, then you can watch the movie. If I pay you N10,000 just to make you watch this movie, I have cheated you. 3/10.

I don't really like the title hence I didn't go fr it wen it hit cinema instead I watched one foreign film like that (I forgot the title anyway) but the story line is all about smartphone that teaches his owner how to do some things to the extent it teaches the owner how to woo a gal (a bicycle seller)
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Resees: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Shed4peace:

Be quiet truth hurts Nollywood will never catch up to bollywood talk of Hollywood okpo!
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Liposure: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Nollywood has come to stay
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Liposure: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Rahkman:
grin nonsense film useless film
thats not fair

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by Liposure: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2020
phemmyfour:
Just watched the useless film today
we are getting there
Re: A Review Of Jade Osiberu's "Sugar Rush" Movie By Iamsynord by nijabazaar: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2020
othermen:
A balanced review perhaps. Won't disagree. A movie has done enough, if you get one or two laughs from it. But Sugar Rush struggles to entertain you sometimes. It attacks common sense, and takes away your life or time in exchange for so little or rather, you come out worsened from the movie.

If you want something to help you brood, just go to the library and if you want something to help you laugh, just watch Mr Bean, or re-watch the dense and witless Jenifa's diary, that is how much the movie fails.

Certainly, there were some point in the movie, where if the whole movie were to be half that trajectory, it would have been a little great. Like the point where Tobi Bakre character ceases. The character of Bola Sugar however does a terrible disservice to that scene and other scenes she appears where the one or two laughs you may get from the movie, she steals it from you...her character is so exaggerated that it becomes unreasonable, and annoying. The same with Uchemba Williams character. Maybe they were both supposed to play dumb, but they were dumb at playing dumb.

The whole movie, introduces you to potential, and then disappoint you, that you feel it is better listening and watching Buhari than watching the movie or listening to the dialogue of the movie, if you keep the movie mute, you may be better of. If you have taste, and conscience, and you are earning salary, don't watch... use that money for weed or charity...however if you are as rich as Otedola, and you have a life as long as Methuselah, then you can watch the movie. If I pay you N10,000 just to make you watch this movie, I have cheated you. 3/10.

Is it that bad?
Was that why Adesua was riled on twitter the other day

For one to choose to listen to the boring dialogue of Buhari over this Movie says allt about the poor casting. I am not going near Sugar Rush.

I have noticed that new Nollywood tends to relegate the veterans and bring in untried acts that always fail to impress. Mo Abudu started the whole my-friends-in-Lekki Nonsense. Since then Nollywood shattered when it comes to script delivery. And can they please stol giving aerial shots of that Lekki bridge , its becoming mundane.

I also noticed that when the veterans go into movie production, they selectively make sure that they exclude the Mo Abudu crew. In the end, the veterans production are always a touch top notch. I guess that's why Lionheart and Living in Bondage is a whole lot better.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: I Am Single But Not Available – Cee-C Reveals / Jenifa's diary Season 11 EP8 - UNWELCOME (Preview) / Name An Actor or Actress Who Was Perfectly Cast In A Movie Or TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.