Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign (30166 Views)

Volunteers For Tinubu Support Groups Meet In Enugu / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / APC Accused Of Hiring U.S PR Firm For $1.2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by LadyExcellency: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
MrBlock:

A 30-second ad in CNN's primetime programs has over the last few months cost between $7,000 and $12,000, according to SQAD MediaCosts.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-advertise-on-CNN

But you deposit a minimum of $300,000 for a start
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by mayo47(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:
Another format embarassed. You all are not different from Hushpuppi. GEJ had no shoes, PMB couldn't afford the N25m APC's presidential form and had to take loan from the bank, this is somebody whose children were studying in expensive schools abroad. This is not a Nigerian election, it involves other countries whose citizens are not as gullible as most Nigerians. Madam NOI was the only minister that insisted that she MUST be paid in dollars during her time as minister under OBJ and GEJ. Madam NOI, please go and bring out money from where u have been hiding them and hire PR team(s), we are tired of financing the expensive lifestyles of yours, APC and PDP politicians.

This is about your claim that she was the only minister earning dollars.

Firstly, her appointment wasnt political in any nature.

She had her earnings in dollars before Obj and Jonathan went for her and her employers agreed. As human beings, it's normal to maintain/exceed your present salary. Also, in her case her family resides in US which meant her expenses was pegged against the dollars.

I am sure if you were in her shoes, you would have done the same.

*Not in any way affiliated to NOI
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
She is ECOWAS and Nigerias candidate. They should pay.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
You mean all the money you cornered during GEJ's tenure is finished and you just looking for cheap labour?
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erospecial: 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
No body else sent you but Buhari Miss power drunk! you will fail and add shame to your records! No one encounters Buhari and remains valuable!
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
erico2k2:

You seem to forget this person you are talking about is not a politician, rather an epitome of financial industries. What's wrong with her kids studying abroad? did you for once think she lived in Nigeria? her kids were born abroad b4 she even took up a position. If her CV is that corrupt as painted she would be nowhere near all these juicy positions she has attained on the world stage. Give praises to one who it's due and not politicise everything!

You are quite naive.

If she is "an epitome of financial industries" (whatever that means) like you claim, why is she begging for pro Bono from people?

A finance minister and coordinating minister for the economy who was paid in dollars, yet watched on as Jonathan and his merry band of looters almost emptied the treasury.

What praise is she looking for?

Barely 6 months after she left office, the economy she was coordinating slid into recession and dollars became scarce.

Please don't get me started.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by NoIgboSoundTueh: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Sheggy13:

Don't mind them. That woman is on the board of Twitter Inc. Is she doing that for free? Do we need to tell anyone how much Twitter is worth?
You dey mind her
You and I are the ones to sponspor her campaign, not from the dollars she stashed away, because we're the ones to enjoy the peck of the office
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
ideylaff:

For your information, I have worked globally with institutions and brands before I set off my own vehicle with Private Equity Participation....

I repeat the role is nothing more than an ego boated role....

Why is NOI hell bent on sitting in that seat even when she knows the man penciled to apply for the seat was pushed aside by PMB....

Why the desperation ?
would you sit there if offered the seat?
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
erico2k2:

weak argument, I asked you to do your research b4 U start looking uniteligent!
Research that never helped Nigerians in Nigeria.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by jimmy74(m): 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hahaha, Aunty Ngozi is always like that. I remembered vividly in 2002, after graduating I was a hassler ( Arts curator) at Sheraton hotels, Abuja. Aunty Ngo and her Mum came to my stand and admired few of my paintings. We negotiated and strike a deal for two acrylic on canvass paintings at the rate of 25k each. She immediately asked her PA to take me to her resident in Maitama to hang the art piece on the wall.
Getting to the sitting room I noticed that, the beauty of the paintings will be revealed better if they are framed, so I suggested to her with a sample of frames that will do the magic. She immediately turned down my proposal that, she doesn't have money to do any framing. I had to hang the frameless painting on the wall and leave after collecting my 50k. I was actually baffled that a finance minister then could openly deny having money.
The following day I spotted her and her aged mother on my stand again at the hotel and approached them if they need something again. The mother looked at me and said ' This boy, you chop my daughter's money yesterday and still want to chop again? No way!
The summary is that, some of these technocrats are principled and will never spend out of impulse.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by madridsta007(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:
Another format embarassed. You all are not different from Hushpuppi. GEJ had no shoes, PMB couldn't afford the N25m APC's presidential form and had to take loan from the bank, this is somebody whose children were studying in expensive schools abroad. This is not a Nigerian election, it involves other countries whose citizens are not as gullible as most Nigerians. Madam NOI was the only minister that insisted that she MUST be paid in dollars during her time as minister under OBJ and GEJ. Madam NOI, please go and bring out money from where u have been hiding them and hire PR team(s), we are tired of financing the expensive lifestyles of yours, APC and PDP politicians.

Bushman.
Go to school, you refused. See how you are embarassing yourself here.
How will you finance what is a WORLD Trade Organisation? You think it is Ministry of Finance? undecided

1 Like

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by ideylaff: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
IspitonCowards:
would you sit there if offered the seat?

If I am idle...

. Okonjo Iweala has her hands full ....already shes working with SA Gov... Has Twitter Board and Advisory role and also has a few others....

why this role by fire by force.....

"Later career
Okonjo-Iweala is co-Chair of the Global Commission for the Economy and Climate, with Nicholas Stern and Paul Polman.[25] Previously, she served as the co-Chair of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation.[26]

In the past, Okonjo-Iweala was also a member of the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (2015-2016), chaired by Gordon Brown; the Commission on the New Climate Economy (also co-Chaired by Paul Polman and Lord Nicholas Stern); the World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders Foundation; the United Nations’ Secretary General’s High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (2012-2013); and the renowned Growth Commission (2006-2009), led by Nobel Prize winner Professor Michael Spence.

Okonjo-Iweala is the founder of Nigeria’s first indigenous opinion-research organization, NOI-Polls.[27] She also founded the Center for the Study of Economies of Africa (C-SEA),[28] a development research think tank based in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital and is a Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Center for Global Development and the Brookings Institution.

In 2012, Okonjo-Iweala was a candidate for President of the World Bank, running against Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim; if elected, she would have been the organization's first female president.[29]

Since 2019, Okonjo-Iweala has been part of UNESCO's International Commission on the Futures of Education, chaired by Sahle-Work Zewde.[30] In 2020, the International Monetary Fund's Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva appointed her to an external advisory group to provide input on policy challenges.[31] Also in 2020, she was appointed by the African Union (AU) as special envoy to solicit international support to help the continent deal with the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.[32]

In June 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria nominated Okonjo-Iweala as the country’s candidate to be director-general of the World Trade Organization (WTO).[33]"

These are her current roles.....

Government agencies

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Member of the International Advisory Board[34]

International organizations

Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Member International Advisory Panel (since 2016)[35]
GAVI, Chair of the Board (since 2016)[24]
African Development Bank (AfDB), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (2003-2006, 2011-2015)[36]
International Monetary Fund (IMF), Member of the International Monetary and Finance Committee (2003-2006, 2011-2015)[citation needed]
Joint World Bank-IMF Development Committee, Chair (2004)[citation needed]

Corporate boards

Twitter, Board of Directors (since 2018)[37][38]
Standard Chartered, Independent Non-executive Member of the Board of Directors (since 2017)[39]
Lazard, Senior Advisor (since 2015)[40]

Non-profit organizations

Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2019)[41]
Bloomberg New Economy Forum, Member of the Advisory Board (since 2018)[42]
Results for Development (R4D), Member of the Board of Directors (since 2014)[43][44]
Women's World Banking, Member of the Africa Advisory Council (since 2014)[45]
The B Team, Member (since 2013)[46][47]
Friends of the Global Fund Africa, Member of the Board (since 2007)[48]
Global Financial Integrity (GFI), Member of the Advisory Board (since 2007)[49]
African Risk Capacity, Chair of the Board[50]
African University of Science and Technology, Chair of the Board[40]
Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security, Member of the Advisory Board[51]
Global Business Coalition for Education, Member of the Advisory Board[52]
Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS), Member of the Advisory Board[53]
Mercy Corps, Member of the Global Leadership Council[54]
Rockefeller Foundation, Member of the Global Development Network[citation needed]
Nelson Mandela Institution, Chair of the Board[55]
One Campaign, Member of the Board[56]
Oxford Martin School, Member of the Advisory Council[57]
Vital Voices, Member of the Global Advisory Council[58]
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by NoIgboSoundTueh: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
erico2k2:

Just so you know Im not PDP/AP|C or igbo,I'm just stating the obvious of which you are oblivious of, try and see what it will cost to run a PR of such magnitude for at least two weeks, mayB you are thinking £10m here
It's actually £100billion dollars
Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
I love this woman. cheesy
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by fyneguy: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=erico2k2 post=91507239]
They have got no clue, they think she asking for help with N10m[/quote

lol so what calibre of volunteers does she need, to deliver the same PR job the unaffordable PR firms would?
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by olisaEze(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
Please how do I volunteer? It’s in the best interests of Africa that this woman gets this job!! grin
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
ideylaff:

If I am idle...

. Okonjo Iweala has her hands full ....already shes working with SA Gov... Has Twitter Board and Advisory role and also has a few others....

why this role by fire by force.....

"Later career
Okonjo-Iweala is co-Chair of the Global Commission for the Economy and Climate, with Nicholas Stern and Paul Polman.[25] Previously, she served as the co-Chair of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation.[26]

In the past, Okonjo-Iweala was also a member of the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity (2015-2016), chaired by Gordon Brown; the Commission on the New Climate Economy (also co-Chaired by Paul Polman and Lord Nicholas Stern); the World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders Foundation; the United Nations’ Secretary General’s High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (2012-2013); and the renowned Growth Commission (2006-2009), led by Nobel Prize winner Professor Michael Spence.

Okonjo-Iweala is the founder of Nigeria’s first indigenous opinion-research organization, NOI-Polls.[27] She also founded the Center for the Study of Economies of Africa (C-SEA),[28] a development research think tank based in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital and is a Distinguished Visiting Fellow at the Center for Global Development and the Brookings Institution.

In 2012, Okonjo-Iweala was a candidate for President of the World Bank, running against Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim; if elected, she would have been the organization's first female president.[29]

Since 2019, Okonjo-Iweala has been part of UNESCO's International Commission on the Futures of Education, chaired by Sahle-Work Zewde.[30] In 2020, the International Monetary Fund's Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva appointed her to an external advisory group to provide input on policy challenges.[31] Also in 2020, she was appointed by the African Union (AU) as special envoy to solicit international support to help the continent deal with the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.[32]

In June 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria nominated Okonjo-Iweala as the country’s candidate to be director-general of the World Trade Organization (WTO).[33]"

These are her current roles.....

Government agencies

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Member of the International Advisory Board[34]

International organizations

Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Member International Advisory Panel (since 2016)[35]
GAVI, Chair of the Board (since 2016)[24]
African Development Bank (AfDB), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors (2003-2006, 2011-2015)[36]
International Monetary Fund (IMF), Member of the International Monetary and Finance Committee (2003-2006, 2011-2015)[citation needed]
Joint World Bank-IMF Development Committee, Chair (2004)[citation needed]

Corporate boards

Twitter, Board of Directors (since 2018)[37][38]
Standard Chartered, Independent Non-executive Member of the Board of Directors (since 2017)[39]
Lazard, Senior Advisor (since 2015)[40]

Non-profit organizations

Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2019)[41]
Bloomberg New Economy Forum, Member of the Advisory Board (since 2018)[42]
Results for Development (R4D), Member of the Board of Directors (since 2014)[43][44]
Women's World Banking, Member of the Africa Advisory Council (since 2014)[45]
The B Team, Member (since 2013)[46][47]
Friends of the Global Fund Africa, Member of the Board (since 2007)[48]
Global Financial Integrity (GFI), Member of the Advisory Board (since 2007)[49]
African Risk Capacity, Chair of the Board[50]
African University of Science and Technology, Chair of the Board[40]
Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security, Member of the Advisory Board[51]
Global Business Coalition for Education, Member of the Advisory Board[52]
Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS), Member of the Advisory Board[53]
Mercy Corps, Member of the Global Leadership Council[54]
Rockefeller Foundation, Member of the Global Development Network[citation needed]
Nelson Mandela Institution, Chair of the Board[55]
One Campaign, Member of the Board[56]
Oxford Martin School, Member of the Advisory Council[57]
Vital Voices, Member of the Global Advisory Council[58]

where did she say this role is by fire by force? And have heard her mention that her hands are full at the moment?, The role she is vying for will be called by voting and I believe the voters have the credentials of each contestant, let their votes judge her...I don't really know where your bitterness and animosity Is coming from.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Goalnaldo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
lmm4real:
This madam is not a serious person. What happened to all the dollars, in salary and kind she collected during GEJ time. undecided
so she received her money in dollars means she earned higher than her colleagues in the same organisation/parastatal? She's was simply paid her Naira equivalent.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by ganwa: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
Idiot talking rubbish.
oz4real83:
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by ganwa: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
Please tell them.
erico2k2:

You seem to forget this person you are talking about is not a politician, rather an epitome of financial industries. What's wrong with her kids studying abroad? did you for once think she lived in Nigeria? her kids were born abroad b4 she even took up a position. If her CV is that corrupt as painted she would be nowhere near all these juicy positions she has attained on the world stage. Give praises to one who it's due and not politicise everything!
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by olisaEze(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
IspitonCowards:
where did she say this role is by fire by force? And have heard her mention that her hands are full at the moment?, The role she is vying for will be called by voting and I believe the voters have the credentials of each contestant, let their votes judge her...I don't really know where your bitterness and animosity Is coming from.

Ignore him, he just exhibiting symptoms of misguided and misplaced animosity. Most people here just want to be heard whether or not they have something sensible to contribute.

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Temysteve(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:
do you know that your head is not correct sha. which of politicians match her reputable profile, better keep kwayet and go to bed.

1 Like

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by akigbemaru: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by akigbemaru: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by akigbemaru: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
FrLukas:

You are quite naive.

If she is "an epitome of financial industries" (whatever that means) like you claim, why is she begging for pro Bono from people?

A finance minister and coordinating minister for the economy who was paid in dollars, yet watched on as Jonathan and his merry band of looters almost emptied the treasury.

Barely 6 months after she left office, the economy she was coordinating slid into recession and dollars became scarce.

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
FrLukas:

You are quite naive.

plz, start let's see what intelligent arguments you have. Look at what happened to the other UK citizen that was our finance minister? did you not see how politicians used her office as an embezzlement sports car? when she put her foot down what happened? blackmailing and threat. hence she absconded back to the UK. Corruption in Nigeria starts with you.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Balenciagabrain: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:
if really you care to reason, you would know that she is just being her modest self. Or are you pained she earned in dollars? She's not the only person that earned in dollars. Some people still do as part of program set aside for Nigerians in diaspora who have been contracted to serve to be able to adjust to their new job per earnings. Learn to be prudent with words so that you somewhat make informed opinions. You will be better for it.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Jadsy01(f): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by odimbannamdi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
oz4real83:

You took these words out of my mouth bro. Couldnt have said it better. Everybody be forming humble beginning and penury when they are vying for prominent positions. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by InvertedHammer: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
/
Some will volunteer their time.

When she gets there, MOPOL no go allow them near her gate ever again.

And the wailing starts.

Why give away free time to someone who can comfortably afford it? Time is precious.

/
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by colonelwealth(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
FrLukas:
You mean all the money you cornered during GEJ's tenure is finished and you just looking for cheap labour?

U go get highbp over jealousy on Igbo ppl progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Shuts Down Embassies In Nigeria Over EndSARS Protests / Politicians, Nigerians React To Suspension Of Twitter / Video Of Peter Obi Supporter Who Couldn't Identify His Party On Ballot Paper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.