Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign (30205 Views)

Patrick Lumumba Picks Okonjo-iweala Over His Country’s Candidate For WTO Top Job / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / APC Accused Of Hiring U.S PR Firm For $1.2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by naijaman2225(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
MADAM, AFTER YOU LEFT GOVERNMENT, YOU WENT TO GOLDMAN SACHS. ABI GOLDMAN SACHS NOR PAY YOU?
MAKE UNA DEY FEAR GOD OOO.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by cho25bc(f): 12:35am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by GodisAble11: 12:40am On Jul 09, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

I'm interested
0 8 0 6 4 9 4 3 2 9 7 whatsapp

1 Like

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by kayusely70(m): 1:06am On Jul 09, 2020
I Hope And Pray She Cliches The Post Eventually
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by govmentson(m): 5:17am On Jul 09, 2020
How do an interested person volunteer?
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2020
[s]
erico2k2:

aha, The funny thing is, he is not Richer than the FG of the day or the governor of your state. The chief of Army staff has a house in the UAE and he claimed he saved enough money to buy it. You guys keep masturbating on the mention of GEJ, His era has passed concentrate on the new FG and checkmate them on ways they can make any meaningful contribution to an already deadly situation. He is approaching the 8 year period and nothing to show for it so far not even recovered loots as acclaimed.let me further go, I'm hoping APC go on for the next 16 years after that we will see what next yah lot will compare to. this APC/PMB issue yah lot keep flinging into political arguments is boring ain't yah lot tired and fed up of it? it's 2020 for crying out loud and nothing to show for it. as we speak the pounds is £550. Our external debt has skyrocketed and our external reserve is at an all-time low.
[/s]

It's difficult having a conversation with people who have your kind of mindset.

I try to avoid responding to posts like yours.

I'll say this in the simplest English sentences as I can manage so y'all will understand.

1. That the present day government is corrupt does not wipe away Jonathan's misdeeds in governance.

2. This thread is about Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who served as the coordinating minister of the economy during Jonathan's era. Throwing in Buhari and other present day actors to draw attention away from what we are talking about is decidedly anal. Open a thread on Buhari and we'll talk about his own misdeeds.

If you don't understand those two points well enough desist from quoting me, I use God to beg you.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by mideactive: 7:43am On Jul 09, 2020
How do I support? Would love to
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2020
ideylaff:

not bn bitter in any way shape or form .... but shes the one who said she needs money for PR.... if shed not serious about the role why cry out for PR funds ....
she said she needs volunteers to help with PR, I don't know how that qualifies as crying out, This woman is clearly qualified and willing to serve in that capacity, she is just doing what is expected of anyone vying for the seat, But you so badly want to believe she is desperate, I want to believe you are somehow related to the man Buhari replaced her with
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by seanwilliam(m): 10:53am On Jul 09, 2020
erico2k2:

You seem to forget this person you are talking about is not a politician, rather an epitome of financial industries. What's wrong with her kids studying abroad? did you for once think she lived in Nigeria? her kids were born abroad b4 she even took up a position. If her CV is that corrupt as painted she would be nowhere near all these juicy positions she has attained on the world stage. Give praises to one who it's due and not politicise everything!
you are hypocrite.. why did you parry answering the paying in dollar part..
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are hypocrite.. why did you parry answering the paying in dollar part..
I serioisly do not know what is wrong with yah lot.Look I have been to work in Nigeria B4 for 6 months and demanded I get paid in Pounds,what's wrong with that? she was invited to come work in Nigeria from her base abroad and you want her to be paid in Naira realy?
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
[s][s]
FrLukas:
[s]

It's difficult having a conversation with people who have your kind of mindset.

I try to avoid responding to posts like yours.

I'll say this in the simplest English sentences as I can manage so y'all will understand.

1. That the present day government is corrupt does not wipe away Jonathan's misdeeds in governance.

2. This thread is about Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who served as the coordinating minister of the economy during Jonathan's era. Throwing in Buhari and other present day actors to draw attention away from what we are talking about is decidedly anal. Open a thread on Buhari and we'll talk about his own misdeeds.

If you don't understand those two points well enough desist from quoting me, I use God to beg you.
[/[/s]s][/s]
you lots are waste of time and space, 2020 still calling Jonathan. why don't we go back to tafawa balewa!
Instead of you to pay attention to what's on the ground and how there have been no meaningful improvements like security and power you are here chatting shyte.PS U dnt need reply as I will have a better conversation with my 14 yr old than I will with yourself
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by ideylaff: 3:28am On Jul 10, 2020
IspitonCowards:
she said she needs volunteers to help with PR, I don't know how that qualifies as crying out, This woman is clearly qualified and willing to serve in that capacity, she is just doing what is expected of anyone vying for the seat, But you so badly want to believe she is desperate, I want to believe you are somehow related to the man Buhari replaced her with

My dear bro or sis, I am not in any way shape or form related to the man Buhari replaced her with, in fact not anywhere close .

Also I am not a bitter person, I just believe in equity and fair play as the space at the top is very limited and choked.

NOI had played a major role globally and well respected, in fact she's qualified for the job without a shadow of a doubt

Also I also respect her and used to put up strategic defence for her work pro-bono while she was Minister of Finance

I just believe if she does not take this role , it still does not erode/diminish the role she has played both in Government, Private and globally.

if there are other qualified candidates why not give them a chance....

Yes its good to be ambitious without a doubt, sometimes its always good to empower and pull up other people

That is the role NOI should be playing now.....

That is all I was trying to drive home.

Sincere apologies if I came across wrongly or you got a slanted view of my points.

Lastly the WTO role is not as big as the roles she played globally before....
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2020
erico2k2:
[s][s][/s][/s]
you lots are waste of time and space, 2020 still calling Jonathan. why don't we go back to tafawa balewa!
Instead of you to pay attention to what's on the ground and how there have been no meaningful improvements like security and power you are here chatting shyte.PS U dnt need reply as I will have a better conversation with my 14 yr old than I will with yourself

I think it's better for you to converse with your 14 year old. I'm sure you have a lot in common with the teen child. Your post places your thinking within that age range.

Maturity isn't age and age isn't maturity after all.

So, yeah go right ahead and huddle with your 14 y/o and talk about girlfriends and prom.

The following isn't meant for you.

Only intelligent people understand that the present situation of Nigeria today is the sum of all the bad decisions made by previous leaders.

If Obasanjo had strengthened democratic institutions in Nigeria, people like Buhari wouldn't be president today.

If PDP had busied itself with strengthening the democratic process from the start, people like Jonathan would never have access to government office and public finances.

So, where Nigeria is today isn't only the doing of Buhari and his cabal, but a sum total of the misrule we've had since Independence.

What makes it even worse is that when the reset button was pushed on Nigeria in 1999 and we had an opportunity to start all over, we still missed that opportunity.

It's not difficult to understand but the 14-year olds who are stuck in the bodies of grown men will be asking silly questions such as, "why are you still blaming Jonathan..."

I wonder what people like that will teach their 14 year olds about equity, accountability and justice.

I pity such 14 year olds for having that kind of parent.

They eventually grow up to think it's okay to steal as long as you're not caught.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2020
[q[s]uote author=FrLukas post=91566750]

I think it's better for you to converse with your 14 year old. I'm sure you have a lot in common with the teen child. Your post places your thinking within that age range.

So, yeah go right ahead and huddle with your 14 y/o and talk about girlfriends and prom.

Only intelligent people understand that the present situation of Nigeria today is the sum of all the bad decisions made by previous leaders.

If Obasanjo had strengthened democratic institutions in Nigeria, people like Buhari wouldn't be president today.

If PDP had busied itself with strengthening the democratic process from the start, people like Jonathan would never have access to government office and public finances.

So, where Nigeria is today isn't only the doing of Buhari and his cabal, but a sum total of the misrule we've had since Independence.

What makes it even worse is that when the reset button was pushed on Nigeria in 1999 and we had an opportunity to start all over, we still missed that opportunity.

It's not difficult to understand but the 14-year olds who are stuck in the bodies of grown men will be asking silly questions such as, "why are you still blaming Jonathan..."

I wonder what people like that will teach their 14 year olds about equity, accountability and justice.

[/s]

They eventually grow up to think it's okay to steal as long as you're not caught.[/quote]
And you bother to write such long epistle for my two lines, You are SAD and pathetic wishing that o na kid, FYI the 14 is going to oxford direct as we speak unlike urs who is going to end up at backyard grammar school due to ur inability to upgrade and think straight now Foxtrot Oscar!
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2020
erico2k2:
[q[s]uote author=FrLukas post=91566750]

[/s]

They eventually grow up to think it's okay to steal as long as you're not caught.
And you bother to write such long epistle for my two lines, You are SAD and pathetic wishing that o na kid, FYI the 14 is going to oxford direct as we speak unlike urs who is going to end up at backyard grammar school due to ur inability to upgrade and think straight now Foxtrot Oscar!

Lol.

You are funny.

I am sure you are a cobbler in a backwater neighbourhood somewhere in Aba.

But it's cool to dream big.

Btw, the entire post wasn't meant for you.

Just the first 3 or 4 lines.

The rest is beyond your comprehension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2020
FrLukas:

Lol.

You are funny.

Exactly my thought, when you lot have no meaningful argument you label a person IGBO, that's how shallow you lots are in Nigeria hence you sell your vote for N1k. You are there defending APC/PDP why the so-called politicians send their family to enjoy life with us in England,kontinue
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2020
erico2k2:

Exactly my thought, when you lot have no meaningful argument you label a person IGBO, that's how shallow you lots are in Nigeria hence you sell your vote for N1k. You are there defending APC/PDP why the so-called politicians send their family to enjoy life with us in England,kontinue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Clown.
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by IvarTheBoneless: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
FrLukas:

Lol.

You are funny.

erico2k2 isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

Look at this thread and see how folks have effortlessly schooled him yet he kept ranting.

You should have just conserved your energies and ignored him. It's obvious he's a red-mudder and a not too bright PDP goon grin
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
[s]
IvarTheBoneless:

Look at this thread and see how folks have effortlessly schooled him yet he kept ranting.

You should have just conserved your energies and ignored him. It's obvious he's a red-mudder and a not too bright PDP goon grin
[/s]
Here lays the absolute problem of Nigeria, once you argue against thier opinion the lebel you to o ne political party or a certain tribe,your likes are a waste of space pleas do go and DO ONE
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by IvarTheBoneless: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
erico2k2:
[s][/s]
Here lays the absolute problem of Nigeria, once you argue against thier opinion the lebel you to o ne political party or a certain tribe,your likes are a waste of space pleas do go and DO ONE

cheesy

I was right after all...
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by erico2k2(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

cheesy

I was right after all...
I refuse to engage with someone with just two topics on Naira land
Re: 'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

So so true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of People Hailing Okorocha In Ogoni / Obaseki: My Convoy Was Attacked In Oshiomhole’s Ward / Bodies Of 6 Police Officers Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.