Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) (81913 Views)

Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest / Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2020
chatinent:
I have a question for scientists: was it designed by a creator or did it just evolve? Clearly, this is the work of a super-creative creator.
And how did you arrive to this conclusion?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by maclatunji: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Everrest9:
Anaconda and Crocodile fight na 5&6. I watched one documentary where something that looks like leopard killed Anaconda and Crocodile near river.

That's a Jaguar.

Apex predator in South America.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Blackdisciple(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2020
na movie oo....

they are not that dangerous exception of when it's hungry...

as usual when u are hungry u go out for food to eat

but when it's belly is filled up , one can even touch d giant d snake with no harm done to a living beings also other animals ,same goes to phyton too

NB: Not as it is in the movies , cos it's just a movie...

no phyton , or anaconda would eat and simply because e see another meal then vomit d one it has eaten already simply to consume another no no no....
except it's not ok with d previous meal then it can add up to be filled up,

anaconda or phyton eats ones and if ok with d previous meal they can stay for some months even without hunting...

but when it's hungry hmmmm it's very dangerous to go closed to it
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Sebbs(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2020
So big
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Azyne(f): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
Some of these pictures are those of a reticulated python, @OP please learn the difference. Reticulated pythons are also very large reptiles
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Liposure: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Simple like ABC. Anybody can do it.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
simple you say. Hmmm
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by yoursidenigga(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2020
Zimri:

Well, a reticulated Python could confused with an anaconda by a novice. Leave okitipupa, research even has it that Anacondas don't exist in Nigeria.

What your relative killed was a python not an anaconda. Make your research and watch documentaries. Read ooo!

Reticulated Pythons are not even in Nigeria too
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 9:43am On Jul 09, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Anacondas are actually not the longest snakes in the world..
That title belongs to the Burmese Python..
But they are the largest snakes in terms of circumference of the body.

No the reticulated python is the longest snake in the world
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2020
IamPlato:
What Da Fvck Are You Posting

Anacondas are Not As Dangerous As Hollywood says?

You Must Be On Weed.

Dont Underestimate Any one

Watch Videos On Youtube

Stop watching movies and do your research,there have been no confirmed cases of anacondas killing humans not to talk of swallowing.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2020
pquaver:

Brother I will suggest you rethink that exaggeration... A green anaconda from op writing is 30 feet.. Bros do yo know what 30feet is? Many people we hail for being tall are about 6feet max 7 feet.. Bro these animals at close rage are definitely deadly especially inside water.. There is no exaggeration.. 1 vs1 with a man bro the human has no chance..

All those cases of a 30feet snake are not backed up by irrefutable evidence.The longest anaconda verified is 17feet long.The longest snake confirmed and accurately measured is medusa at 25feet,a reticulated python currently in captivity.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 9:54am On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:

Go and watch "Eaten Alive". It is a real life documentary in search of Anaconda's in the Amazon jungle. You can find the documentary on YouTube. They are as big and dangerous as portrayed by Hollywood.

Calm down,Hollywood portray them as being 50 feet long or more.The longest verified anaconda is 17feet long.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 9:58am On Jul 09, 2020
Sleekfingers:

what makes u think that are not in africa? So na until the white men tell u say that they are in africa. Na that time u go believe. Let me shock u they are in nigeria, i dont know about states. But in south west, they call it ojola or ejola....but most of them believe that they are humans who turned to it. But i dont believe that nonsense.......

There are rivers in osun and ondo that the people residing in those villages said there is are huge snakes living in those rivers.

Stop being ignorant,the anaconda is native to the Amazon part of South America,you are referring to the African rock python which is one of the 5 biggest snakes in the world.Not all big snakes are anacondas.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2020
dynicks:

True bro....anacondas ain't existing in africa.....the guy probably must have mistaken python for anaconda...

Bros forget it...make I no just come across that shit....if not, na me go RUN!!...which Kain rough play be that one..
Where u one run go?? The koko be say make u sha no jam, if not great my grand ma for me grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2020
timagentms:

Bros what your friend killed is not Anaconda, you can never find the species in the African terrain.

Study let us know that, the Anacondas can only be find in South America soil.
so na all the snake wey dey inside bush and river in Africa you know? Research most times are not 100% accurate
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by dynicks(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2020
seanwilliam:

Where u one run go?? The koko be say make u sha no jam, if not great my grand ma for me grin
lol...don't even know what to say to u bro.... grin grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Fucsheetup(f): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Liposure:
simple you say. Hmmm
I was being sarcastic.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Liposure: 11:34am On Jul 09, 2020
Fucsheetup:
I was being sarcastic.
better be
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by willyjacs(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2020
look at the big one those miners caught nd the giant one on that guy's shoulder.

if u say they never stop growing, then the movie "anaconda" nor be just fiction,as the snakes can actually grow into those sizes.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Calm down,Hollywood portray them as being 50 feet long or more.The longest verified anaconda is 17feet long.

Have you watched "Eaten Alive"? The 17feet long must be the one you and your team were lucky to find. These snakes know how to hide from predators which is why they are difficult to sight.

The "Eaten Alive" team found bigger anaconda's. The idea of the team is to get swallowed by the biggest anaconda so they can see how things happen in the belly of such a big snake.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Eazie351(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
pquaver:

Brother I will suggest you rethink that exaggeration... A green anaconda from op writing is 30 feet.. Bros do yo know what 30feet is? Many people we hail for being tall are about 6feet max 7 feet.. Bro these animals at close rage are definitely deadly especially inside water.. There is no exaggeration.. 1 vs1 with a man bro the human has no chance..

yeah, I never said a human really stands a chance. bro! did you watch the movie?

I suggest you do. snakes yanking up humans from water, snapping them up from trees.. at great speed. anacondas are supposed to asphyxiate their prey. right?

please watch the movie.

PS: condas would have a hard time devouring a prey above 80kg.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by pquaver(m): 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
Eazie351:

yeah, I never said a human really stands a chance. bro! did you watch the movie?

I suggest you do. snakes yanking up humans from water, snapping them up from trees.. at great speed. anacondas are supposed to asphyxiate their prey. right?

please watch the movie.

PS: condas would have a hard time devouring a prey above 80kg.

I understand what you mean.. but I am looking at it from the angle that once a human is within their grasp.. escape or survival is impossible. . the speed was exaggerated yeah but it also that fast when it about to constrict a prey
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Eazie351(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
pquaver:

I understand what you mean.. but I am looking at it from the angle that once a human is within their grasp.. escape or survival is impossible. . the speed was exaggerated yeah but it also that fast when it about to constrict a prey

lol. funny part?

I don't even think any of those humans was constricted in the movie.

we're talking about the movie here.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Chinny024(f): 3:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
Anytime I see this,my mind would flashback...

We were four...Age below 18. One early morning,we went to a far distance journey just to see what nature holds in the village....Behold, the senior one among us called me from far distance in the bush that I should come and see oooo. As I get close and closer, she said I should not talk...

To my greatest surprise, I saw this huge snake folded like 20 -50 hip of clothes....
I quickly told them,let's get out of here!!!
On getting home,we explained to everyone what we saw behind the river in the thick bush...

5 guys followed us back there..Unfortunately, the big Anaconda have gone back to the river..
It was like where tractor moved out...
I give God the glory....
Didn't even know the implications till I get older cheesy!

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
chukemmang:

Have you watched "Eaten Alive"? The 17feet long must be the one you and your team were lucky to find. These snakes know how to hide from predators which is why they are difficult to sight.

The "Eaten Alive" team found bigger anaconda's. The idea of the team is to get swallowed by the biggest anaconda so they can see how things happen in the belly of such a big snake.

There have been no confirmed cases of anacondas swallowing humans and the longest "verified" length recorded is 17.1ft.Larger specimen have been reported but cannot be verified.peace.

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Corroro: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
Anaconda or not anything that starts with "S" is dangerous. E.g Snake, Scorpion, Sex, Starvation etc. wink

2 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
yet people now start to have these man eating beast as pet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgXY51Cx6iI

lets patiently wait for the horror stories...

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 7:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

There have been no confirmed cases of anacondas swallowing humans and the longest "verified" length recorded is 17.1ft.Larger specimen have been reported but cannot be verified.peace.

My English was simple. I asked a simple question "Have you watched the documentary called Eaten Alive"? The quest for that documentary was to capture the largest Anaconda alive today and to lure it to swallow one of the team members with a camera so that they document what happens in the belly of the snake.

Numerous safety measures were put in place such as the building of an amour that will protect the team member when the Anaconda begins to constrict him. The biggest challenge they had was the building of a suit that will protect the team member and the camera from the acids in the belly of the Anaconda.

If you have not seen this documentary yet, then you have no grounds to argue at the moment.

So what you need to do is, watch the documentary then come back here with your observation, feedback and inference.

I am waiting.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Chinny024:
Anytime I see this,my mind would flashback...

We were four...Age below 18. One early morning,we went to a far distance journey just to see what nature holds in the village....Behold, the senior one among us called me from far distance in the bush that I should come and see oooo. As I get close and closer, she said I should not talk...

To my greatest surprise, I saw this huge snake folded like 20 -50 hip of clothes....
I quickly told them,let's get out of here!!!
On getting home,we explained to everyone what we saw behind the river in the thick bush...

5 guys followed us back there..Unfortunately, the big Anaconda have gone back to the river..
It was like where tractor moved out...
I give God the glory....
Didn't even know the implications till I get older cheesy!

Wow!!! you guys were lucky. I haaaaaaaate snakes. I prefer lions to snakes. If a lion is outside your house, you can close all your doors and windows and go to bed with your 2 eyes closed. but if a snake is outside your house, you dare not have peace of mind because it must find one hole somewhere to enter the house. It even comes into the house through the toilet water closet. The animal is just useless.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2020
chukemmang:

My English was simple. I asked a simple question "Have you watched the documentary called Eaten Alive"? The quest for that documentary was to capture the largest Anaconda alive today and to lure it to swallow one of the team members with a camera so that they document what happens in the belly of the snake.

Numerous safety measures were put in place such as the building of an amour that will protect the team member when the Anaconda begins to constrict him. The biggest challenge they had was the building of a suit that will protect the team member and the camera from the acids in the belly of the Anaconda.

If you have not seen this documentary yet, then you have no grounds to argue at the moment.

So what you need to do is, watch the documentary then come back here with your observation, feedback and inference.

I am waiting.

I have seen the documentary,the guy had to call for help cause the snake's constricting power wanted to break his hand and the snake had just opened its mouth to attempt swallowing his head.Note,the animal was lured with pig blood and scent.On a normal day,anacondas don't attack humans,even in the water in where they are strong and powerful.No recorded or confirmed cases,not even kids.The reticulated python is the only snake confirmed to have swallowed humans and i believe there are few reports of African rock pythons swallowing infants in Africa in the earlier parts of the 20th century.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

I have seen the documentary,the guy had to call for help cause the snake's constricting power wanted to break his hand and the snake had just opened its mouth to attempt swallowing his head.Note,the animal was lured with pig blood and scent.On a normal day,anacondas don't attack humans,even in the water in where they are strong and powerful.No recorded or confirmed cases,not even kids.The reticulated python is the only snake confirmed to have swallowed humans and i believe there are few reports of African rock pythons swallowing infants in Africa in the earlier parts of the 20th century.

So you have watched it, very good. Did you hear where the guy said that, the Anaconda that was lured to swallow him wasn't the biggest? Which led them to extend the documentary with a sequel where they will capture the biggest Anaconda ever found and get it to swallow the guy.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:21am On Jul 11, 2020
chukemmang:

So you have watched it, very good. Did you hear where the guy said that, the Anaconda that was lured to swallow him wasn't the biggest? Which led them to extend the documentary with a sequel where they will capture the biggest Anaconda ever found and get it to swallow the guy.

And was the captured anaconda used measured by an expert??
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 2:50am On Jul 11, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

And was the captured anaconda used measured by an expert??

Watch it again. The Anaconda was measured. The measurements and sizes of all Anacondas encountered in the documentary were of great importance to the team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mysterious Beast Washes Up On Greek Island. Does Anyone Know Its Name? (Photos) / Big Balls Of Ice That Fell In Jos / Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.