Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,303 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Phones45 Ecommerce: A Big Scam! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phones45 Ecommerce: A Big Scam! (451 Views)

Airtel 350 1gb Daily Plan(downlaod Pack) Is Big Scam! / Glo Network Is A Big Scam!!! / Airtel Is A Big Scam!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phones45 Ecommerce: A Big Scam! by MiracleMum(f): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good afternoon dear readers,
I usually would not do this but this is like my last resort after trying several options to resolve this issue. Kindly pardon my long story and typos.

On the 10th of June 2020, while watching 10pm news on channels television, i saw an advert of phones45 ecommerce and was glad because i needed a phone at that time and couldn't leave work to purchase one. Hence, my excitement when i saw this advert. Considering the reputation of the TV channel that advertised it, i didn't think it'd be a scam of any type. So, on the 11th of June 2020, i visited the phones45 website and ordered a Samsung a20 and made payment of 56,000 naira using my card details as there was no option for Payment on delivery. I immediately got a response which is pasted below:

Thank you for your interest in Phones45.com products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed.

Order Details
Order ID: 273
Date Added: 11/06/2020
Payment Method: Paystack
Shipping Method: Flat Shipping Rate E-mail: -----------
Telephone: 234................
IP Address: 197.157.219.167
Order Status: Processing
Payment Address Shipping Address
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Lagos 12345
Lagos
Nigeria
Product Model Quantity Price Total
Brand New Samsung Galaxy A20 3GB/32GB
- Condition: Brand New a20 1 ₦55,000 ₦55,000
Sub-Total: ₦55,000
Flat Shipping Rate: ₦1,000
Total: ₦56,000
Please reply to this e-mail if you have any questions.

five days later, i realized i hadn't gotten a call from the delivery person or the company with regards to my order so i called the only customer care number: 08080689342 and i lady picked the call and told me to expect the delivery within the next 2 days. After 2 days, i called again and a man picked the call this time and told me to drop my details he'd get back to me before evening. I obliged and waited the whole evening but no call came so i called the next day. Some other person picked the call and wanted to also get back to me but i refused i insisted i'd be on the line while he checks and get back to me immediately. This person then told me that the samsung a20 i ordered and paid for is no longer available, he mentioned that the samsung a20s was available at a higher amount than what i paid for. I asked for options available for me at this point, he said i can make a transfer to their company account with name: ekoshopping (parent to phones45 ecommerce) or request for a refund by mail. I accepted the option for a refund and immediately sent a mail for a refund on the 20th of June 2020(mail will be pasted below).

Good morning,
I'm requesting for a refund on the payment of Samsung A20 as I've been informed the phone is not available.
Kindly make the refund to: ---------GTB

Below is the response i got:

[1] https://phones45.com/
Hi,
Thanks for contacting us at Phones45.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We will ensure to refund your money within 3 business days.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards!

Phones45 Emcommerce.

Since the 20th of June 2020, that i was told i'd get the refund within 3 business days, i still haven't gotten it. I call their customer care number and no one seem to have a tangible reason as to why i haven't gotten the refund. I am putting this out so unsuspecting and prospective customers to weary of phones45 ecommerce.
Re: Phones45 Ecommerce: A Big Scam! by bamhood(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Have you gotten your refund now?
Re: Phones45 Ecommerce: A Big Scam! by naijasensei: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2020
MiracleMum:
Good afternoon dear readers,
I usually would not do this but this is like my last resort after trying several options to resolve this issue. Kindly pardon my long story and typos.

Hi, there is an option you haven't explored yet. From your message above you paid through Paystack, Paystack are probably processing that funny company's payments. Here is my advice, send an email to Paystack and make sure you attach all your correspondence with phones45. Inform Paystack that their platform is being used for dubious transactions, then kindly ask Paystack to assist in retrieving your money.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 2.3 / My Note 20 Ultra Setup / Ipad Mini 4@20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.