Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

# Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers (1008 Views)

Top 7 Paying Government Jobs For Colleges / Top 10 Highest Paying Government Jobs In India / Federal Government Teachers Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

# Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is to bring the attention of the public to the imminent danger looming on the citizens of Lagos state. Particularly private school teachers.
Many are now beginning to lose their sanity. No source of livelihood for more than three months now and no hope of that ever happening soon.
Whoever has the contact of the governor of Lagos state and the president of Nigeria should please pass this information across to them.
Private primary, secondary, and university teachers and entrepreneurs are falling behind on their struggle for survival. Many are now becoming depressed and some have started dying by suicide.

Mr. Governor and Mr. President.
People cannot pay their house rent anymore because you have refused to allow schools to reopen. Are you going to fund people's rental dues? Let me remind you that you could barely feed a quarter of the population during the pandemic proper. Do you expect to see people taking abode under bridges before you realize how bad things have become?

Should we call this a form of bullying by the people we by ourselves elected?
Economies around the world are reopening. Many states in Nigeria have reopened businesses. Except for lagos state.

CALL FOR A HASHTAG CAMPAIGN
Now to all who are currently being bullied by this government. Rise up! I propose that the government stops the salaries of government school workers for five months and see if they wont call for reopening.
ASUU, NUT, and the rest do not represent the interest of private school workers and owners.
If you don't intend to see your neighbors cry over your dead body soon, let's start a campaign of redemption. Give us back our livelihood.

I expect to see hashtags out there on twitter. To those who know how to go about it.
Also, I expect to see private school owners and teachers on the street in front of the governor's office with placards soon.
Don't die in silence. I just lost one of my teacher friends. I don't know how many are losing their apartments every day.

Its time to fight for our rights. #STOP PAYING GOVERNMENT TEACHERS. #PRIVATE SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE HUMANS TOO.

4 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by ediama(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
School will resume within two weeks if Government stop paying public school teachers.

6 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
ediama:
School will resume within two weeks if Government stop paying public school teachers.

That's the fact

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
When I noticed the game that the Lagos State Government is playing, I told myself, how long will this continue.

Just imagine, the Lagos State governor decided to allow only ss3 to resume on the 3rd of August., knowing fully well that waec would start the following day.

I expect a lot of students to fail waec because they have not been studying. And instead of opening schools about two weeks to the start of the exam like the governor of oyo state has done, he decides to open a day before.

Then he adds that jss 3 will resume later. No particular day. When will the other classes resume. What about teachers. How will they get paid.

I hope my vote counts in the next election. It's not by party. We need someone who cares.

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Jung(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Government schools do not generate profit bros.

They will be paid even if they dont work, because they never made money for government. Same with Universities. This your petition has no foundation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
Jung:
Government schools do not generate profit bros.

They will be paid even if they dont work, because they never made money for government. Same with Universities. This your petition has no foundation.

I wish you got my point. I will try to explain it again

2 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Jung(m): 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
bettermike:

I wish you got my point. I will try to explain it again

So government should stop paying govt teachers so everyone should stew together? Calm down bro. Calm down.

Ask the govt for bailouts, not asking them to put more people in hunger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by SirWarlock: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
Funny it does seem like private schools aren't being carried along grin

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by pcicero(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
Misery loves company.

When you opted to work in a private educational establishment, many of you took that decisions because some of you earn more than government employees.

Many of those government employees took the jobs because of relative job security.

Moreso, was your employer making remittances into the Pension Fund?

Then, start a campaign and tag Pencom and NASS to compel your pension administrator to release some of your Contributions.

Please don't use your own to destroy others.

I admit that the situation of private school tutors is worrisome but dragging down others is evil and mischievous.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by ogawisdom(m): 3:48am On Jul 09, 2020
Senseless campaign from someone who does not understand basic economics.

Now do u know that alot of ppl are eating and many businesses are moving bc public school teachers are getting paid?

Do u know that some of the so called private teachers still eat bc they have their public counterparts to borrow money from?

Either campaign for schools to resume or palliatives for private school teachers.

By the way private school teachers should receive sense and engage in other productive things like farming. Having a single source of livelihood is suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by bettermike: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2020
ogawisdom:
Senseless campaign from someone who does not understand basic economics.

Now do u know that alot of ppl are eating and many businesses are moving bc public school teachers are getting paid?

Do u know that some of the so called private teachers still eat bc they have their public counterparts to borrow money from?

Either campaign for schools to resume or palliatives for private school teachers.

By the way private school teachers should receive sense and engage in other productive things like farming. Having a single source of livelihood is suicide mission.

Your me-first mentality is the reason Nigeria will take years to catch up with other economies.
How many people know government teachers talk more of getting loans from them.
Your thoughts were poorly conceived. So because you and your colleagues are getting paid, every other person can die. You don't care.
How many people have you personally assisted financially during this period.
Just imagine the dirt spewing out of your mouth.
Private school teachers and lecturers should engage in farming. Would you give this same opinion to your private school working dad?
Churches should open so that we can pray for people that think like this. Honestly.

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by obonujoker(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2020
I support your motion bro.

Govt should stop paying govt teachers, and let's see the narrative

3 Likes

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by phemmyfour: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2020
Dead on arrival, govt teachers will not join you in this struggle. In your next life, when you see anything private....run! No job securities there

1 Like

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by funstufz: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2020
On what basis can you justify this campaign....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Stillthebest: 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
bettermike:
When I noticed the game that the Lagos State Government is playing, I told myself, how long will this continue.

Just imagine, the Lagos State governor decided to allow only ss3 to resume on the 3rd of August., knowing fully well that waec would start the following day.

I expect a lot of students to fail waec because they have not been studying. And instead of opening schools about two weeks to the start of the exam like the governor of oyo state has done, he decides to open a day before.

Then he adds that jss 3 will resume later. No particular day. When will the other classes resume. What about teachers. How will they get paid.

I hope my vote counts in the next election. It's not by party. We need someone who cares.

And you think he is doing that in order to destroy them? Or in order to boost his moral and popularity for the next election or lose it?
So, you think they don't need the money that student pay as fees right?
Govt is in a corner. They are doing what they considered best for now. If he opens up and things go south isnt it the same Gov everyone is going to cuss at?

It is not everything about these people actually needs to be castigated. Sometimes, just look on without any comment.
If a student fails it is better than same student being dead
Re: # Buhari, Sanwo Olu Stop Paying Government Teachers by Jung(m): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
bettermike:

Your me-first mentality is the reason Nigeria will take years to catch up with other economies.
How many people know government teachers talk more of getting loans from them.
Your thoughts were poorly conceived. So because you and your colleagues are getting paid, every other person can die. You don't care.
How many people have you personally assisted financially during this period.
Just imagine the dirt spewing out of your mouth.
Private school teachers and lecturers should engage in farming. Would you give this same opinion to your private school working dad?
Churches should open so that we can pray for people that think like this. Honestly.

It's the same me-first attitude that is disturbing you as well bro. You are thinking of yourself and not others. So public school teachers should go hungry because you in the private sector isn't being paid? Bros rest abeg. I understand your grievances, but this is not the best way. Say something else or kindly STFU

(1) (Reply)

Literature In English Practice Tests - The Song Of The Women Of My Land By Kumar / Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later / ASUU Strike: New Offer From Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.