Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later (1006 Views)

They're Shooting Us! - Plateau Student Cries In Bokkos Bush / Reactions As SS3 Student Buys Benz / SS3 Student Of Navy Secondary School In Abeokuta Beaten By Officer (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by BornorBang: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2021
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6679402/17-year-old-student-stabs-teacher-death

The widow of Job Dashe, a math teacher in Government Technical College Bukuru, Plateau State who was stabbed by a 17-year-old SS3 student of the school has lamented that justice has not been served over the death of her husband.

The incident took place on the 30th of July,2021 at the school dining, during school hours. The widow, Mrs Akoti Job-Dashe had narrated what happened in an interview.

“From what I was told,he (my husband) was on duty at the school dining hall together with one of his colleagues. And it was time for lunch and the SS3 students were the ones taking their lunch at the time. A student, who had earlier been served, came to collect another portion and when he was detected,my husband was trying to reprimand him for doing that. So, the boy got angry, went back to the hostel, picked a knife, came back and stabbed my husband to death..” she said.

She had added that at the time the incident occurred, the case was reported to the police and thereafter moved to the DSS and later taken to court. She has however lamented that the case has not been attended as it ought to be.
She has demanded justice to be served on the issue.

“I need justice for my husband. He did not commit any crime. Given the circumstances that led to his death, what does the law say in a situation like this? Let the law take its course; let there be justice for my husband. And then, if government can provide a job for me with my qualifications I will appreciate it because I don’t have a job at the moment. I have a master’s in History and International Relations.” she said.

The students should actually be called to book. That will serve as deterrent to others. More so, Schools put measures in place to avoid such occurrences as it is becoming a norm as students deal with teachers anyhow and go with it.

https:///widow-of-teacher-murdered-by-ss3-student-cries-for-justice-three-months-later/

Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by BornorBang: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2021
Nawa
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by 10mobile: 11:11am On Nov 07, 2021
#justice4jobdashe

Let's make it trend. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by yanabasee2: 11:30am On Nov 07, 2021
Teachers are most looked down professionals....

They don't have good pay, no housing scheme and nothing to show for...

Without teachers.... University will never exist.... But the government pays the criminal lecturers way better ....

I am of the opinion that lecturers and teachers should be placed on the same salary scales...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by CampussNews: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2021
yanabasee2:
Teachers are most looked down professionals....

They don't have good pay, no housing scheme and nothing to show for...

Without teachers.... University will never exist.... But the government pays the criminal lecturers way better ....

I am of the opinion that lecturers and teachers should be placed on the same salary scales...

Who will fund the salaries of private school teachers? More school fees load on the parents...
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Sixsigmahub: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
#justice4jobdashe
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
You see this life, always be diplomatic in anything you do. Anything that will cost you your life use your HQ. He would have just allowed that student take the second time.

There are people who don't value this life, not everyone trade word with.
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Solsix(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2021
BiggyB242:
You see this life, always be diplomatic in anything you do. Anything that will cost you your life use your HQ. He would have just allowed that student take the second time.

There are people who don't value this life, not everyone trade word with.
He will allow the student take another round at whose expense?? U don't know what it is to be a teacher
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Solsix:

He will allow the student to take another round at whose expense?? U don't know what it is to be a teacher

Look at where he landed him. There are some schools that the students are very violent, sometimes you just have to mind your business. I know a lot when I was growing up.

For this life none, they do oversabi especially in Nigeria where nobody cares about you when aren't rich. Don't try to be a hero at the expense of your family's happiness.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Akinola100: 7:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
BiggyB242:

Look at where he landed him. There are some schools that the students are very violent, sometimes you just have to mind your business. I know a lot when I was growing up.

For this life none, they do oversabi especially in Nigeria where nobody cares about you when aren't rich. Don't try to be a hero at the expense of your family's happiness.

A word is enough for the wise.

Omo, your comment here is not good
More like spearing the rod and spoiling the child

1 Like

Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Akinola100:

Omo, your comment here is not good
More like spearing the rod and spoiling the child

It isn't, but is the reality. This life use your HQ.

Before you take any decision always have your family at the back of your mind.

I pray he gets the justice that he deserves.
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by kollinz1234(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Government should give the widow a job; her demand is justifiable.

But what do I even know
Re: Widow Of Teacher Murdered By SS3 Student Cries For Justice Three Months Later by BornorBang: 6:26am On Nov 08, 2021
kollinz1234:
Government should give the widow a job; her demand is justifiable.

But what do I even know

I agree with you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is My First Degree The Problem? / Unilag Postgrduate Program / Masters Degree Programs Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.