Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Lagos? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Lagos? (710 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos? by bass7: 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hello,

Don't get me wrong please. Lagos is cool and all that...

I just to know why a good number of people still relocate to Lagos, even with high level of stress..... Stresses like serious road traffic, overpopulation etc...

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos? by Klass99(f): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Why Lagos? by doggedfighter(f): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
So I heard. Have not been there.
Re: Why Lagos? by Amanee(f): 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Its a cheap city compared to cities like Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Re: Why Lagos? by bass7: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Klass99:
Lagos has more work opportunities than any other state in our nation.

I came here for the work opportunities and I haven't been disappointed.

I grew up in my hometown, did all of my schooling there too. I needed to get away, experience another world and broaden my horizons too.

Being able to work and live in Lagos has broadened my horizons and given me worthwhile opportunities and nice experiences (in terms of relationships, trainings, exposure, work and international travel) that may not have been possible had I stayed back in my hometown.

It gets stressful occasionally, especially when there's traffic congestion. But, if you know how to time your movement and you know alternative routes to use, you'll pretty much save yourself the stress of it.

Life in Lagos is actually good, if you live close to your workplace and other essential places like the local market/supermarkets, a pharmacy, your worship centre and most importantly, close to your family and friends.

Waoo, I moved to Lagos sometime last year. Travelled for the Christmas holiday and was kinda reluctant to come back to lag until the convid 19 virus came up. People were traveling through states despite the ban on inter state movement but yours truly didn't bother to try making any moves...

Now that there is movement, I am so so reluctant to travel back to lag... Yes, there are opportunities out there but the stress ��.....

Started my career in lag after nysc few years ago but was transferred out after awhile.... Now I am unemployed and must get another one but.....

Thanks for your response
Re: Why Lagos? by bass7: 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
doggedfighter:
So I heard. Have not been there.

Maybe you should give it a trial.
Re: Why Lagos? by bass7: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
Amanee:
Its a cheap city compared to cities like Abuja and Port Harcourt.

Cheap in what sense?
Accommodation is on the high side in lag just like you have it in P-h and Abuja. Unless you're talking from the food aspect.
Re: Why Lagos? by Amanee(f): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
bass7:

Cheap in what sense?
Accommodation is on the high side in lag just like you have it in P-h and Abuja. Unless you're talking from the food aspect.

Yes food and general living costs
Re: Why Lagos? by ogunboy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ogunboy
Re: Why Lagos? by saintvc(m): 4:25am On Jul 09, 2020
you must wise up if u go Lagos
Re: Why Lagos? by EbenezerTriumph: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Klass99:
Lagos has more work opportunities than any other state in our nation.

I came here for the work opportunities and I haven't been disappointed.

I grew up in my hometown, did all of my schooling there too. I needed to get away, experience another world and broaden my horizons too.

Being able to work and live in Lagos has broadened my horizons and given me worthwhile opportunities and nice experiences (in terms of relationships, trainings, exposure, work and international travel) that may not have been possible had I stayed back in my hometown.

It gets stressful occasionally, especially when there's traffic congestion. But, if you know how to time your movement and you know alternative routes to use, you'll pretty much save yourself the stress of it.

Life in Lagos is actually good, if you live close to your workplace and other essential places like the local market/supermarkets, a pharmacy, your worship centre and most importantly, close to your family and friends.
[/s]
Re: Why Lagos? by bass7: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
ogunboy:

See, this one.

If not dat I have seen some of your posts as reasonable and polite, I for yab you now with wetin you type here.

Abeg no yab am ooo...
Tell me... What do you think about Lagos?
Would really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

South African Lady Narrates Her Terrible Experience When She Came To Nigeria / The Negative Side Of Growing Up In A Family That Aint Yours / The Most Powerful Native Doctor In Yoruba Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.