Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,811,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It (4686 Views)

Has Anyone Experienced This Before? / Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud / Has Anyone Experienced This With MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
I use an infinix phone of 32GB internal storage, which lately I've been having problems with the storage always getting filled up

So yesterday after clearing and deleting I got about 750mb free space ,but to my greatest surprise this morning while I switched on my phone, I discovered it suddenly have about 5.3GB of space free

Seriously, Its baffling what could have happened,where did the space come from, or is it that it's keeping some space in hiding for me?

Has anybody experienced this before?

PS: I've checked my files, everything is still intact, including my apps ,I just wanna know how it's possible
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Effulgent:
I use an infinix phone of 32GB internal storage, which lately I've been having problems with the storage always getting filled up

So yesterday after clearing and deleting I got about 750mb free space ,but to my greatest surprise this morning while I switched on my phone, I discovered it suddenly have about 5.3GB of space free

Seriously, Its baffling what could have happened,where did the space come from, or is it that it's keeping some space in hiding for me?

PS: I've checked my files, everything is still intact, including my apps ,I just wanna know how it's possible
infinix what??

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
hang on, xiaomi marketers are coming to insult you.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by bigcee(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
They are coming for you grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
armylord:
infinix what??
Infinix hot 8 lite

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
bigcee:
They are coming for you grin
I'm well aware of that grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
Don't be surprised bro, that's how it is even with their 64gb devices, we don't just log in to nairaland and call them scammers

Try to clean your junk files, that's a temporary solution

Try to start thinking about selling this device off and get a device that doesn't start with the name Infinix or Tecno

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Fokosobo:
hang on, xiaomi marketers are coming to insult you.
Nobody will insult him, nobody is above mistakes and he has already started seeing the repercussions of choosing mediocre Brand's

People like you who advise the likes of the poster to buy Tecno and Infinix knowing fully well that they are mediocre are the real problem

30 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by lekjons(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Google chrome cause it sometimes.

Uninstall it or clear app data
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
skywalker240:
Don't be surprised bro, that's how it is even with their 64gb devices, we don't just log in to nairaland and call them scammers

Try to clean your junk files, that's a temporary solution

Try to start thinking about selling this device off and get a device that doesn't start with the name Infinix or Tecno

I do clear junk files regularly

Selling the phone right now is not currently an option because money with me right now won't even be enough to get my desired phone
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Effulgent:

Selling the phone right now is not currently an option because money with me right now won't even be enough to get my desired phone
Well, it's understandable, even myself is not excluded from the effect of this lockdown...

Let's pray things get back to normal asap

Hope you have seen one of the reasons we don't agree with these Brand's called Infinix and Tecno from transsion

They're pure daylight scammers

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
skywalker240:

Well, it's understandable, even myself is not excluded from the effect of this lockdown...

Let's pray things get back to normal asap

Hope you have seen one of the reasons we don't agree with these Brand's called Infinix and Tecno from transsion

They're pure daylight scammers

Amen ,I pray everything goes back to normal

And concerning transsion, I'm already aware of their scam,i've learnt a lot from nairaland , I'm just waiting for the right moment to change this phone and probably get realme or xiaomi

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Effulgent:

And concerning transsion, I'm already aware of their scam,i've learnt a lot from nairaland , I'm just waiting for the right moment to change this phone and probably get realme or xiaomi
Yes both are good Brand's also Nokia and Huawei and umidigi and not forgetting vivo

There are wider range to choose from just don't settle for mediocrity and substandard in the guise of its cheap and affordable.

Bless up

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by OYENIYIJK: 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
Effulgent:

me sef wan port go Xiaomi. I deleted like 20 apps last week. If you fail to delete apps the phone will hang. All my Chinese movies have been deleted.
Just selling Fake Phones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:15am On Jul 09, 2020
lekjons:
Google chrome cause it sometimes.

Uninstall it or clear app data

Please how do I clear data app?
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by lekjons(m): 1:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:

go to settings>>apps>>chrome, you should see "clear app data"

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 6:57am On Jul 09, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

me sef wan port go Xiaomi. I deleted like 20 apps last week. If you fail to delete apps the phone will hang. All my Chinese movies have been deleted.
Just selling Fake Phones
Those Tecno and Infinix Brand's has been ripping off innocent people for years

Keep using same old and outdated chipsets on their latest phones and the most painful part is that they would still increase the price 6 times higher

Making devices with substandard and mediocre materials that hardly stand the test of time

With Tecno and Infinix, there's nothing like Android update guaranteed.

That means if you buy the camon 15 premier for 110k with Android 10, you shouldn't be expecting Android 11 because they don't support that

And the next year when they realeases the camon 16 with Android 11, Android 12 must have already been making Waves and other phone Brand's would upgrade their phones to Android 12 but your camon 16 can't

If you are a Tecno faithful, and you spent 110k to get the camon 15 premier and you always want to keep up with the latest Android version, you have no choice but to spend maybe even more than 110k to get the camon 16 (premier maybe)

A phone you bought over 100k would become useless after one year and then you spend another 100k + to get another phone from them, when a Nokia, Samsung, xiaomi, oppo realme users who bought their devices same time you bought the camon 15 premier you have already dumped for the camon 16 premier getting latest Android updates, you would be saving to get the next camon 17 or whatever number transsion chooses.

Their so called carlcare would charge you almost the price for a new phone just to repair your camon 16 premier Incase it develops some faults indirectly telling you to get the latest Tecno and stop bothering yourself

Installing more than 10 apps on a 4gb RAM, 64gb ROM is even a big problem for them because of their Helio A22, P22 32nm outdated Chip achitecture. You would just be disappointed because you can't make use of most of your useful and important apps

If I continue to list thingst I have encountered with these guys,am afraid even the 7th page won't accommodate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:

Go to settings >> storage >> applications >>then select any app of your choice, but note that when you delete app data, everything you did on that app will be lost

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2020
skywalker240:

Those Tecno and Infinix Brand's has been ripping off innocent people for years

Keep using same old and outdated chipsets on their latest phones and the most painful part is that they would still increase the price 6 times higher

Making devices with substandard and mediocre materials that hardly stand the test of time

With Tecno and Infinix, there's nothing like Android update guaranteed.

That means if you buy the camon 15 premier for 110k with Android 10, you shouldn't be expecting Android 11 because they don't support that

And the next year when they realeases the camon 16 with Android 11, Android 12 must have already been making Waves and other phone Brand's would upgrade their phones to Android 12 but your camon 16 can't

If you are a Tecno faithful, and you spent 110k to get the camon 15 premier and you always want to keep up with the latest Android version, you have no choice but to spend maybe even more than 110k to get the camon 16 (premier maybe)

A phone you bought over 100k would become useless after one year and then you spend another 100k + to get another phone from them, when a Nokia, Samsung, xiaomi, oppo realme users who bought their devices same time you bought the camon 15 premier you have already dumped for the camon 16 premier getting latest Android updates, you would be saving to get the next camon 17 or whatever number transsion chooses.

Their so called carlcare would charge you almost the price for a new phone just to repair your camon 16 premier Incase it develops some faults indirectly telling you to get the latest Tecno and stop bothering yourself

Installing more than 10 apps on a 4gb RAM, 64gb ROM is even a big problem for them because of their Helio A22, P22 32nm outdated Chip achitecture. You would just be disappointed because you can't make use of most of your useful and important apps

If I continue to list thingst I have encountered with these guys,am afraid even the 7th page won't accommodate.

Me sef don suffer o, especially that Itel, it was like a torture

But then I moved to infinix hoping everything will be different, I never knew I was deceiving myself

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

Me sef don suffer o, especially that Itel, it was like a torture

But then I moved to infinix hoping everything will be different, I never knew I was deceiving myself
No you were not deceiving yourself

Experience they say is you know the rest grin

Me too, back then I was a staunch user, prescriber, fan of their devices am ready to argue with any body who speaks against Tecno and Infinix, because back then the common man couldn't afford even the Samsung Galaxy s1 or s2 and those guys who could always complain about their batteries, so Transsion came and brought Android to the common man in the street, although Tecno was not my first Android device, i was using a generic Android Wi-Fi tablet back then, but an Android with sim to make calls, to browse on social media etc was a Joy, installing and playing hd games always making my friends with their Java and symbian s60 and blackberry bold phones feel bad and depressed (i wicked them that year) grin

Back then I was the go-to guy when those guys were ready to upgrade to the next Android phone, and I don't disappoint like a sharp marks man, I pick the latest Tecno for them (if all those guys are woke now, i know am in soup) grin

Then itel started making Android phone even more cheaper than Tecno, without wasting time I got one for my girlfriend (now my wife) omo na so so complain she complain, battery, WhatsApp and Facebook de make phone hot, phone go take 5 hours to full up, e no go reach 35 min before trip off.

Na so she de indirectly de complain say which Kain phone I go buy give am sef

Na so one day for school we two de house de sleep for night, theif match door open Begin wipe me cutlass them Carry the itel from where she plug am make e charge overnight, me i been keep my Tecno h7 for top of wardrobe Dem for still Carry am.

Some months After the accident i call my woman say I go buy another itel for am she say make I hold the money first till she come see me i say lie lie na me go buy the phone and e must be itel as far say na im cheap pass. Na so she take say she no want phone again ooo grin

These guys will not kill us

10 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by phemmyfour: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

las las, you ll sell it. Infinix is evil
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2020
skywalker240:

No you were not deceiving yourself

Experience they say is you know the rest grin

Me too, back then I was a staunch user, prescriber, fan of their devices am ready to argue with any body who speaks against Tecno and Infinix, because back then the common man couldn't afford even the Samsung Galaxy s1 or s2 and those guys who could always complain about their batteries, so Transsion came and brought Android to the common man in the street, although Tecno was not my first Android device, i was using a generic Android Wi-Fi tablet back then, but an Android with sim to make calls, to browse on social media etc was a Joy, installing and playing hd games always making my friends with their Java and symbian s60 and blackberry bold phones feel bad and depressed (i wicked them that year) grin

Back then I was the go-to guy when those guys were ready to upgrade to the next Android phone, and I don't disappoint like a sharp marks man, I pick the latest Tecno for them (if all those guys are woke now, i know am in soup) grin

Then itel started making Android phone even more cheaper than Tecno, without wasting time I got one for my girlfriend (now my wife) omo na so so complain she complain, battery, WhatsApp and Facebook de make phone hot, phone go take 5 hours to full up, e no go reach 35 min before trip off.

Na so she de indirectly de complain say which Kain phone I go buy give am sef

Na so one day for school we two de house de sleep for night, theif match door open Begin wipe me cutlass them Carry the itel from where she plug am make e charge overnight, me i been keep my Tecno h7 for top of wardrobe Dem for still Carry am.

Some months After the accident i call my woman say I go buy another itel for am she say make I hold the money first till she come see me i say lie lie na me go buy the phone and e must be itel as far say na im cheap pass. Na so she take say she no want phone again ooo grin

These guys will not kill us

wink
Itel na torture o

Na on top big screen and the notch go make me buy this Infinix o

Laslas I go still move sha
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

Infinix hot 8 lite

Very stupid phone
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by skywalker240(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

wink
Itel na torture o

Na on top big screen and the notch go make me buy this Infinix o

Laslas I go still move sha
Am telling you, them go entice you with sweet features outside but inside na die

Now when I think about how tecnT and Infinix scammed me, I always link it to two situation

1 a Bugatti Chiron sold for the original price of the Bugatti Chiron 16v engine, when truly the supposed Chiron has a 1950 volkswagen beetle 3plug engine

What a rip off angry

2 you see slayqueen for road she set die you Carry am una talk price she say 100k, because of breast and yansh wey set face too fine, you no argue price.
You carry this fine slay queen go chop shawarma de prepare wait night
Una reach hotel, after you pay to book room for the night una two enter to pass the night.

Time reach to do, you off lights say oya baby UnCloth yourself. Slayqueen UnCloth den gbam for darkness you begin de find breast to suck you no see, you carry hand reach belle region na there you see nipples grin

For 100k + shawarma + hotel room grin

Na Transsion be that grin

8 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Effulgent(m): 9:36am On Jul 09, 2020
Xavfra:

Very stupid phone
grin Shey the phone do you strong thing ni?

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

grin
Shey the phone do you strong thing ni?

Yes......
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by festwiz(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
If you can, get a UHS 1/ UHS 2 64/128GB SD card and format it as internal storage. I'd suggest you rest you phone first before formatting so you don't run into issues with installing apps from the Play Store.
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2020
Effulgent:

just get either realme, Xiaomi, Huawei or umidigi
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2020
skywalker240:

Am telling you, them go entice you with sweet features outside but inside na die

Now when I think about how tecnT and Infinix scammed me, I always link it to two situation

1 a Bugatti Chiron sold for the original price of the Bugatti Chiron 16v engine, when truly the supposed Chiron has a 1950 volkswagen beetle 3plug engine

What a rip off angry

2 you see slayqueen for road she set die you Carry am una talk price she say 100k, because of breast and yansh wey set face too fine, you no argue price.
Una reach hotel, after you pay to book room for the night una two enter to pass the night.

Time reach to do, you off lights say oya baby UnCloth yourself. Slayqueen UnCloth den gbam for darkness you begin de find breast to suck you no see, you carry hand reach belle region na there you see nipples grin

I have been reading up your experience here and it really cracked me up and got me more enlightened at the same time. Just a quick question, please can you mention some good phone processors to look out for when buying a new phone. I intend to buy a new phone soon between 55 to 60k sha and I actually have some options written down already.. Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2020
skywalker240:

What a rip off angry

Lmao cheesy grin...

I have been reading up your experience here and it really cracked me up and got me more enlightened at the same time. Just a quick question, please can you mention some good phone processors to look out for when buying a new phone. I intend to buy a new phone soon between 55 to 60k sha and I actually have some options written down already.. Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Obakashdee(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2020
Problem you will never experience on iPhone grin any more iPhone slander will not be entertained
Re: Has Anyone Experienced This? And What Causes It by Nellsworld(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Lmao cheesy grin...

U can get nokia 5.1 plus, Redmi 8, Redmi note 8(3gig ram), vivo phones, or lg V30

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(((new Ip For Celtel Em Em S:))) / Is your Device Network Locked Or iCloud Locked / Oraimo Launches Nigeria's First In-ear And Half In-ear Convertible Earbuds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.