Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo (29024 Views)

Biafra Can Never Be Defeated And Wiped Away - Soyinka / Wike - So Ize-iyamu Corruption Sins Have Been Wiped Away Since He Joined APC / 2019: Okorocha, Nnamani, Nwobodo, Ministers, Others Shun Buhari Campaign Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo by Salewa95: 1:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

And Americans are leading the S.W
I guess.

Wetin be your problem about SW Edo guy?

You’ve been on this platform multiple times hating on SW and I wonder what might the cause be.
Re: Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo by DamnnNiggarr: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

As long as Nigeria is concerned, all the politicians
Including my governor, are bunch of heartless thieves, no one is any better, forget all these the-more-you-look, the-less-you-see they're doing to us, all they care is their pocket and generation yet unborn.
That's what I'm trying to point out bro, nothing more.
No hard feelings.
Salewa95
Re: Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo by Salewa95: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

Salewa95

Alright understood.
Re: Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo by costandi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Luchitec:
The guy is actually correct. This Amechi bridge was originally awarded by Gov Chimaroke Nnamani around 2001.The concrete works (abutments, center pier and the bridge deck) were undertaken by the company that handled the construction of the new CBN headquarter in Enugu. The present government just rehabilitated the bridge. From the pictures,, it seems the upgrade was in the form of new side railings and earthworks/re-surfacing of the asphalt overlay. Take a close look at the center pier, especially the base; does that thing look like a new construction? Jim is overtly effusive because for whatever unknown reason, the original construction of the bridge was mishandled by his estranged godson, Chimaroke. Nonetheless, it is quite pitiable that in the Year 2020, Governor Ugwuanyi would be celebrating this eyesore of a bridge!

Well, you're wrong. This bridge never existed before. I live few poles away from it. You might be mistaking it for the more robust Obagu-Amechi bridge used to connect to Agbani from Amechi built by Chimaroke and rehabilitated by Sullivan when it had structural issues. This one connects Ugwuagba Amechi to Amechi Uno. It was built from start to finish by the Engineering department of the military.
Re: Amechi Bridge: Ugwuanyi wiped away my tears – Nwobodo by Luchitec(m): 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2020
I have looked at the pictures again, and you are correct. The recently commissioned bridge is different from the one Chimaroke built. Nonetheless, the state government has no business doing this type of shoddy project.

costandi:
Well, you're wrong. This bridge never existed before. I live few poles away from it. You might be mistaking it for the more robust Obagu-Amechi bridge used to connect to Agbani from Amechi built by Chimaroke and rehabilitated by Sullivan when it had structural issues. This one connects Ugwuagba Amechi to Amechi Uno. It was built from start to finish by the Engineering department of the military.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Housing: Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Development Of Falomo Towers In Ikoyi / Tinubu Defeats Atiku, Obi In Akeredolu’s Polling Unit / 'You Have Done Well': Political Parties Commend Yakubu, INEC On BVAS, Irev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.