Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

$9.7m, £74,000 Found In My House Were Gifts From Friends – Ex-nnpc GMD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.7m, £74,000 Found In My House Were Gifts From Friends – Ex-nnpc GMD (243 Views)

Ex-NNPC ED, Alex Ogedengbe Doubts Port Harcourt Refinery Will Work This December / Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

$9.7m, £74,000 Found In My House Were Gifts From Friends – Ex-nnpc GMD by Shehuyinka: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
$9.7m, £74,000 found in my house were gifts from friends – ex-NNPC GMD, Andrew Yakubu

ANDREW Yakubu, a former Group Managing Director (GMD) of the National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on Wednesday told an Federal High Court that $9.7 million and £74, 000 found in his house in Kaduna in 2017 were gifts he received from friends during on occasions such as birthdays and thanksgiving services and others.

Yakubu is facing charges of money laundering and non-declaration of assets instituted against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The EFCC had charged him with six counts relating to the sums of $9,772 and £74,000 recovered from his home in Kaduna State on February 3, 2017.

Operatives of the anti-graft agency had raided Yakubu’s house on Chikun Road in the Kaduna South Local Government Area from where about N3 billion was allegedly recovered.

But appearing before the court on Wednesday, the former NNPC GMD said he received the monies in tranches of not more than $10, 000 and not more than £5, 000.

While testifying as his own witness, Yakubu confirmed that the monies were contained in a safe taken from his property.

“Yes my lord, I confirm that the monies were contained in a safe taken from my property,” he told the court.

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/9-7m-74000-found-in-my-house-were-gifts-from-friends-ex-nnpc-gmd-andrew-yakubu/

Re: $9.7m, £74,000 Found In My House Were Gifts From Friends – Ex-nnpc GMD by GboyegaD(m): 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
How do people keep such amount of cash? It would be nice he mentions the friends.
Re: $9.7m, £74,000 Found In My House Were Gifts From Friends – Ex-nnpc GMD by donbachi(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
The most corrupt nigerians are from the north...atimes I wonders if they had a meeting,that any office they finds themselves...they should dry clean it...so there wont be development anywhere,since they are allergic to it.

(1) (Reply)

#magugate: EFCC Secretary, Directors Appear Before Panel / Latest Opportunity / I Don’t Write For NAN, This Could Be Price... – Garba Shehu Responds To SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.