Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,288 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. (3468 Views)

Jonathan Will Not Run For Presidency In 2027 - Patience, Former First Lady / 2023 Election: APC’s Gamble With Jonathan / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
Amitex:
Abeg tell Tinubu to drive the next bullion van to my village in Delta. We will rather vote for elRufai than alMaruf. Say no to SW greed for power.

A billion bullion vans won't save tinubu from a sure loss at the polls. We will chop his money and still ensure him or his yoruba candidate suffers a "gbas gbos" situation at the polls. grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by oyatz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Excuse me bros, how will you ban people you don't like based on their regions or ethnic groups from contesting for the presidency?

Are you going to secure court injections restraining them or you will instruct the leadership of their political parties not to sell forms for them because I don't know exactly how you think you can stop certain persons from contesting.

I will expect sincere response (not insults, curses and other juvenile pranks), thanks.

Anyiamaka:
OP has made a very good point. With Obasanjo' 8 yrs as President and Yemi's 8yrs as VP, the yorubas have no biz contesting either President, VP, Senate President in 2023. This will be against the ideology of zoning and rotation that favours the Igbos for understandable reasons.
Rather than a SW or SS president in 2023, the North should continue. No shaking! Buhari can even have a third term. Like Atiku, the brown teeth drug lord in Eko will never be president of Nigeria. If he likes, let him share bullion Van's on election day. Mtcheeew
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by oyatz(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
It's amazing seeing people who don't have voter's cards, who aren't card carrying members of any political parties and people who can not influence who will be a councillor in their Streets coming online boasting on how they will determine who will be president and who will not be president.

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Bekool(m): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:
As we already know, historical records have shown the futility of yorubas electoral votes est 1959. Awolowo, Olu falae, Tafawa balewa, Azikiwe, Yar adua and OBJ all know first hand how worthless votes of yoruba can be, the first two above-mentioned presidential aspirants had yorubas line up behind them in their usual tribalistic way of voting but all the yoruba votes in the world couldn't help them achieve their presidential aspirations. While last four on that list became presidents and prime minister without yoruba votes. Awo a yoruba politician and supremacist contested severally to be president with yoruba votes and propaganda machinery but he died an unfulfilled man. A local champion to be precise.

Conversely, yorubas who are famously known for their penchant as reverse propagandists, paint other regions-the SE and SS precisely as "inconsequential". Unlike other regions yorubas have never succeeded in putting in yoruba man in power, yet they arrogantly ascribe to themselves the title of "kingmakers" in an unbridled chest-pounding exercise of self-glorification.

The 2023 stakes and permutations.

Today regions cast their votes based on ethnicity and religion, a situation that was grandfathered and pioneered by yorubas and Awolowo himself post-independence. It reverberates till today and has become even worse.

If APC fields a yorubaman, the major opposition which still enjoys cross-regional acceptability will definitely field a Northerner, with the North traditionally voting Northern candidates and the SE and SS being in opposition , the APC will lose the presidency. Therefore a yoruba candidacy in any major party is a tricky one destined to fail from the onset. Other parts of the south, feel that yoruba have done their turn through OBJ who ruled for 8 years and Osibanjo who would have done 8 years as VP in 2023. The SE and SS elements in APC will definitely not be supportive of a SW candidacy, they'll either align with Northern leaders to wean SW of their greed and ensure they fail at the primaries.

If SW candidacy survives the APC party primaries through the use of what I call "money-bulldozing" politics as was clearly seen in the House of representatives elections that produced speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, where millions of dollars where shared with reckless abandon by his godfather Tinubu to the 360 house members who were the only electorates, it won't survive at the national level when faced with 25 million registered voters spanning across all regions.

The yoruba only hope of snatching the presidency is to single out the Eastern Igbos for scapegoating, and inflame passions against them for the benefit of the SW presidency through the use of propaganda, unfortunately they no longer have a monopoly of that since the advent of social media. They are well aware, they are not politically liked by the rest of the south which are largely pro-PDP, pro-East and pro-christian, therefore they try to set the East vs North against each other, begging the north not to contest while at the same time goading and taunting the East to contest with them. Only those who do not know the yorubas will take their machinations seriously and fall into their trap of emotionalism.

In 1999, the SW was allowed to contest against SW on the two major parties, if they do not believe same should be done to the others in the spirit of equity and fairness, then they have no business ruling this country. If yorubas are to contest, then it effectively means that zoning is dead and the North also has right to contest. So if the APC decides to gamble with a yoruba candidacy which will be unpopular in the rest of the south and which cannot defeat the North in the North, then they might as well be ready to "dash" their position of power to the major opposition which still controls many states across all regions in the country, even before the elections proper.

A yoruba candidacy is dead on arrival at this time. Thank you all.

Well written one bottle of cold bear for this masterpiece.

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
oyatz:
It's amazing seeing people who don't have voter's cards, who aren't card carrying members of any political parties and people who can not influence who will be a councillor in their Streets coming online boasting on how they will determine who will be president and who will not be president.

I have voter's card and a young respected community leader in my area of residence. A member of the PCRC and JDPC. I don't play, all my political predictions come to pass.

Yoruba won't be president in 2023. It is as sure as the Sun rising in the East and setting in the west.

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by oyatz(m): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Congratulations for this prophecy/declaration/revelation

DiagnoPolitics:

I have voter's card and a young respected community leader in my area of residence. A member of the PCRC and JDPC. I don't play, all my political predictions come to pass.

Yoruba won't be president in 2023. It is as sure as the Sun rising in the East and setting in the west.

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by nku5: 4:32am On Jul 11, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:
As we already know, historical records have shown the futility of yorubas electoral votes est 1959. Awolowo, Olu falae, Tafawa balewa, Azikiwe, Yar adua and OBJ all know first hand how worthless votes of yoruba can be, the first two above-mentioned presidential aspirants had yorubas line up behind them in their usual tribalistic way of voting but all the yoruba votes in the world couldn't help them achieve their presidential aspirations. While last four on that list became presidents and prime minister without yoruba votes. Awo a yoruba politician and supremacist contested severally to be president with yoruba votes and propaganda machinery but he died an unfulfilled man. A local champion to be precise.

Conversely, yorubas who are famously known for their penchant as reverse propagandists, paint other regions-the SE and SS precisely as "inconsequential". Unlike other regions yorubas have never succeeded in putting in yoruba man in power, yet they arrogantly ascribe to themselves the title of "kingmakers" in an unbridled chest-pounding exercise of self-glorification.

Today regions cast their votes based on ethnicity and religion, a situation that was grandfathered and pioneered by yorubas and Awolowo himself post-independence. It reverberates till today and has become even worse.

If APC fields a yorubaman, the major opposition which still enjoys cross-regional acceptability will definitely field a Northerner, with the North traditionally voting Northern candidates and the SE and SS being in opposition , the APC will lose the presidency. Therefore a yoruba candidacy in any major party is a tricky one destined to fail from the onset. Other parts of the south, feel that yoruba have done their turn through OBJ who ruled for 8 years and Osibanjo who would have done 8 years as VP in 2023. The SE and SS elements in APC will definitely not be supportive of a SW candidacy, they'll either align with Northern leaders to wean SW of their greed and ensure they fail at the primaries.

If SW candidacy survives the APC party primaries through the use of what I call "money-bulldozing" politics as was clearly seen in the House of representatives elections that produced speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, where millions of dollars where shared with reckless abandon by his godfather Tinubu to the 360 house members who were the only electorates, it won't survive at the national level when faced with 25 million registered voters spanning across all regions.

The yoruba only hope of snatching the presidency is to single out the Eastern Igbos for scapegoating, and inflame passions against them for the benefit of the SW presidency through the use of propaganda, unfortunately they no longer have a monopoly of that since the advent of social media. They are well aware, they are not politically liked by the rest of the south which are largely pro-PDP, pro-East and pro-christian, therefore they try to set the East vs North against each other, begging the north not to contest while at the same time goading and taunting the East to contest with them. Only those who do not know the yorubas will take their machinations seriously and fall into their trap of emotionalism.

In 1999, the SW was allowed to contest against SW on the two major parties, if they do not believe same should be done to the others in the spirit of equity and fairness, then they have no business ruling this country. If yorubas are to contest, then it effectively means that zoning is dead and the North also has right to contest. So if the APC decides to gamble with a yoruba candidacy which will be unpopular in the rest of the south and which cannot defeat the North in the North, then they might as well be ready to "dash" their position of power to the major opposition which still controls many states across all regions in the country, even before the elections proper.

110% correct sir

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by babytoun: 5:06am On Jul 11, 2020
If for nothing else ..I will never vote someone from SW in 2023 simply because of the way they packaged a bad product PMB and defended his lacklustre leadership just to look good to the north and get 2023 ticket...it will never happen

..how will tinubu even campaign in SS and SE? how ? what will be his message ?

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2020
babytoun:
If for nothing else ..I will never vote someone from SW in 2023 simply because of the way they packaged a bad product PMB and defended his lacklustre leadership just to look good to the north and get 2023 ticket...it will never happen

..how will tinubu even campaign in SS and SE? how ? what will be his message ?

When Tinubu and yorubas comes to the SESS region for campaign, he'll tell us "vote for me, I am your fellow southerner, the north must not continue to rule, it is our turn as southerners". We'll be waiting for them. The treatment awolowo got in the east after the war will be a child's play. grin grin grin

Since when did yorubas become southerners, I thought they claimed they were no longer southerners after the 2015 elections. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Toosure70: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2020
Some people will remain in sorrow for their entire lives because of 2015 election.

4 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DenreleDave(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Adaibeku:
Metaphysical if u think I don't know u are crafty , u need 2 examine ur head ..all dis ur Igbo wife mantra isn't selling again

See ur head.. Abeg where is Amatarasha abeg
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Osaze007: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
I can’t wait to see the premium tears from some of our Igbo brother when a Yoruba man contest in 2023 ans wins
It’s okay for Fulani to continue ruling back to back
But not okay for Yoruba to rule again
Loool
As long atiku is the candidate of choice Tinubu has a strong chance of winning

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Osaze007: 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
Toosure70:
Some people will remain in sorrow for their entire lives because of 2015 election.

Same way they are stuck on 1967-70

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by kaylardz(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

When Tinubu and yorubas comes to the SESS region for campaign, he'll tell us "vote for me, I am your fellow southerner, the north must not continue to rule, it is our turn as southerners". We'll be waiting for them. The treatment awolowo got in the east after the war will be a child's play. grin grin grin

Since when did yorubas become southerners, I thought they claimed they were no longer southerners after the 2015 elections. grin grin
The funny thing is that if PDP can give this same Tinubu their ticket, he'll surely gather 90% vote in SE and SS, and if APC field a south Easterner , d fellow will loose woefully even in d east. the truth is dat nyanmiri don't vote for personality, dey only vote for party which is PDP.

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2020
kaylardz:

The funny thing is that if PDP can give this same Tinubu their ticket, he'll surely gather 90% vote in SE and SS, and if APC field a south Easterner , d fellow will loose woefully even in d east. the truth is dat nyanmiri don't vote for personality, dey only vote for party which is PDP.

You are yorubaman, naturally-wired and born to deceive yourself until you get burnt. That's why I call you "auto-dubious utopianists".

Lo gba research.

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by maisams01(m): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2020
Osaze007:
I can’t wait to see the prem
ium tears from some of our Igbo brother when a Yoruba man contest in 2023 ans wins
It’s okay for Fulani to continue ruling back to back
But not okay for Yoruba to rule again
Loool
As long atiku is the candidate of choice Tinubu has a strong chance of winning
bros forget it I am a notherner and I swear to God tinubu can't win atiku here in the north
it is not about the party but having a notherner on the ballot

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Osaze007: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2020
maisams01:
bros forget it I am a notherner and I swear to God tinubu can't win atiku here in the north
it is not about the party but having a notherner on the ballot

Yes no doubt as long as the vote can be split into half that’s enough

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Osaze007: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

You are yorubaman, naturally-wired and born to deceive yourself until you get burnt. That's why I call you "auto-dubious utopianists".

Lo gba research.

You mean get burnt like losing 3m lives in a civil war lol

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by maisams01(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
Osaze007:

Yes no doubt as long as the vote can be split into half that’s enough
tinubu cannot get 50% votes in the north
trust me

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Osaze007: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
maisams01:
tinubu cannot get 50% votes in the north
trust me

I think he can if the elites support him smiley
Let’s wait till then
I will never underestimate him
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by olisaEze(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
Zoning is a PDP affair done in the spirit of equality and fairness amongst the three foremost tribal groups in Nigeria, the APC does not have that in their party constitution.
However, u have made certain salient points in that a SW presidency now is nothing but a push for personal ambitions of a few with no thought for equity or justice.
Meanwhile the SE should stop looking for handouts, put ur house in order! Power is not given, but taken by the wise who have the ability to build bridges & mend fences. And not by tearing them down!

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by flokii: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
@Op I feel you should be more worried about SE always playing second fiddle to the Hausa/Fulani since independence, I'm sure 2023 won't be an exception.
Instead of boldly asking for your rights from PDP, you prefer to sell it like a plate of porridge only to cry foul later. When did Wike and Secondus join PDP? look at how they hold sway in the party whereas Igbos that claim to be smarter are nowhere to be found in PDP.

3 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by maisams01(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2020
Osaze007:

I think he can if the elites support him smiley
Let’s wait till then
I will never underestimate him
you are right Sha but currently it seems only ganduje is for him

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
[s]
DiagnoPolitics:

[/s]Mtchewww, same old trash.
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Goke7: 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
flokii:
@Op I feel you should be more worried about SE always playing second fiddle to the Hausa/Fulani since independence, I'm sure 2023 won't be an exception.
Instead of boldly asking for your rights from PDP, you prefer to sell it like a plate of porridge only to cry foul later. When did Wike and Secondus join PDP? look at how they hold sway in the party whereas Igbos that claim to be smarter are nowhere to be found in PDP.

The igbos only roll with anyone in power, their pain with PMB is that he never gave them face. When obj, Yar adua and gej was president they roll with them. Remember that when Yar dua was even sick they were even supporting Yar dua wife against gej, that's how lazy they are. Power must be served alacarte or they start crying like babies.

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by femolii: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Ogbeni go sit down, Yoruba don't need your 5 percent to be president.

1 Like

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2020
femolii:
Ogbeni go sit down, Yoruba don't need your 5 percent to be president.

Mufutau, just as you yorubas won't need SS votes, middle belt votes, northern votes. All you'll need by 2023 is oduduwa, get ready to bleed for it, because your greedy arze won't smell aso rock. cheesy cheesy

One naijeriyya dole!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Boxer007(m): 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Adaibeku:
Metaphysical if u think I don't know u are crafty , u need 2 examine ur head ..all dis ur Igbo wife mantra isn't selling again

Hello there madam, you are beautiful. Madam may I have sexx with you so I can stop being gay from Janary 2021? Preach smiley
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Boxer007(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
Adaibeku:

Bo man want u. Leave our men alone u gold digger. I don't want u we dont want u. Men is sticking together. Go away angry
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Miracle2020: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
ChoCho54:
The only reason why I'm quoting you is to remind you not to gloat over the civil war.

Did you say northerners slaughtered 1m of your ancestors, no mahn! It was the north and the west.

Now let me shocked you, have you seen what is happening upnorth? Killings everyday by them for themselves. Do you think it's ordinary?

Karma is at work dear. The blood of 1m of your ancestors cry for Justice, divine justice!

When karma is done cleansing the north, where do you think will be it's natural destination next?

Ronu ara re!
and what do you call the 78 bodies in Ezu river? Karma or what?
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by Miracle2020: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

yes! Even Atiku is coming prediction came to pass. Congrats!
Re: APC And The Ill-fated Gamble With Yoruba Presidency In 2023. by ChoCho54(f): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
Miracle2020:
and what do you call the 78 bodies in Ezu river? Karma or what?
Police brutality and extra judicial killing in the banana republic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Begins Hearing Of Appeals Filed Against Bayelsa Gov’ship Election Tribunal / I Played In The NBA And Peter Obi Is Right In His Statement. Fmr NBA Player / Tinubu Under Fire For Denigrating Funke Akindele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.