Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks (39757 Views)

Face Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions – Banks / Face Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions – Banks / CBN Orders Instant Reversal Of Failed ATM Transactions Effective June 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Macsender1: 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
Haha
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by BlackfireX: 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
Shocked like our president...
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Kalashnikov102(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
It's common @ ATM spots
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by xnsandrxns: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
People should not cover their faces then go and withdraw other people's money
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by sholly4444(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
It happened to me yesterday, the ATM machine was screaming, uncle this is not your real face! I want to see your real face!.

I removed the face mask out of shock and I was immediately paid# i will never forget the experience in a hurry ��

�����
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by gift01: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thieves came to rob in our hood last weekend. Guess what; they were all putting on face mask
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by tonapuck: 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

Me wey dey help people withdraw since, why ATM no reject dispensing??

Thief go still cover face, u can't stop them cheesy

It doesn't mean the person has to be the owner of the account, but your face has to be recognized Incase of any fraudulent activity.. try to understand what red. And again it's a new feature. Not yet installed to all atm machine.

What you don't know. For every withdrawal the machine take a snap of your picture. It captures your face, and also your hand taking the money. But now the face covering makes it meaningless. That's why the new security measure was put in place.

2 Likes

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by madridguy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by AnanseK(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
Facemask for crimes predates Corona by centuries

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Iyemoja: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
emmabest2000:
This information is as useless as W in the word WRONG

No body go tell you to remove the danm face mask when the danm transaction fails because machine didn't recognize your danm face grin

Don’t mind their lies from the out of hell. Which ATM in Nigeria have facial recognition? They are looking for ways to prevent unlawful withdrawals!

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by aylipple: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
This is so true especially for Fidelity Bank; if the camera doesn't detect a face, it'll automatically eject your card from the machine.

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by ume1000: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://punchng.com/face-mask-can-cause-failed-atm-transactions-banks/
so of all the people withdrawing money with atm name only white person picture u see abi
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by einsteine(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
People are getting twisted. The machine doesn't detect the face of the account holder. It detects if the face of the user is properly captured. For example, if you block the camera or wear a face cap for some Access Bank ATMs, the transaction would fail
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by raybaba97(m): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

It's not about face recognition. The machine only checks no see that a face is clearly visible.

If you steal the money, they will have a record of your face.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Psoul(m): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
At this point, they may have to deactivate the face recognition feature on the ATMs because of the peculiarity of the moment. People shouldn't be exposed unnecessarily because they want to access their funds.

If the Face detectors are truly working, 2 mins of removing ur face mask to make the ATM withdrawal may not cause any harm to you.
Deactivating the face detector will be the worst mistake they will ever make.
If someone takes another person's ATM Card and make withdrawal, there won't be any way to know who made the withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by klever18(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Astrologyfact:
Please Naira land help me, how can I receive money from South Africa?? Any one with experience?? What method can someone from South Africa use to send money to Nigeria apart from Banks...any online app?
use PayPal
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by meobizy(f): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
I noticed it on several occasions. Why is it now these useless banks choose to mention it?
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
Access Bank moves to buy another bank - https://www.nairaland.com/5980506/access-bank-moves-acquire-zambian#91541425

Cc: Lalasticlala And Seun
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by martineverest(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

facial recognition
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
Easy5265:
Fat lie, most of the Fidelity Bank ATM I have used don't have this feature. The CCTV is all they've got, I this is a just some PR and and probably there has been an increased case of ATM fraud. I see Maktoob boss hands all over this.
That you've not experienced it doesn't make it a lie. I was at a bank about a month ago, the ATM refused to pay people on nose masks. They had to remove the masks to be able to withdraw.

2 Likes

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by freeman67: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
True, happened to me while trying to use a GT ATM last month.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by OkhaiAsein(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
no be lie
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Jeholinkz(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
Astrologyfact:
Please Naira land help me, how can I receive money from South Africa?? Any one with experience?? What method can someone from South Africa use to send money to Nigeria apart from Banks...any online app?
yes let the person open a chipper account credict it frm dre he can send money to u 4 more contact me on 09070578141
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Sniper101(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
Yes, this is very true.

I've had a first-hand experience of it one time when I tried making cash withdrawal using a Fidelity Bank ATM, with my nose mask On.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by amodu(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

Baba, this is no lie.

I have used machines that failed to dispense cash for failure of face capturing.

The idea is not to identify account owner but to capture face of the person withdrawing for record purpose and what have you.

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by jayaim: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Tell the person to convert the cash to bitcions. Thank me later
Astrologyfact:
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Hugo55(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Astrologyfact:

Just use western union. its so easy and simple.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by psyco: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
elganzar:
[s]Lmao, they want to pull a fast ones on thieves

[/s]
....LMAO. They want to pull a fast one on thieves......
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by psyco: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hugo55:

[s]Just use western union. its so easy and simple.[/s]
....Just use Western Union. It's so easy and simple......
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by WaleRock: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
The Holy Bible foretold us of this time.

No where to hide.

If you don't receive the Certificate Of Vaccination ID (COVID-19), you'll be found and tortured.

Just make sure you're raptured, before God's graceful presence leaves the earth, and all sorts of unimaginably horrific, terrifying demons emerge from the earth and the seas.

It's about time!

DADDY is coming back soon. We are relocating up up there.

Maranatha!
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Cocao(f): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
At this point, they may have to deactivate the face recognition feature on the ATMs because of the peculiarity of the moment. People shouldn't be exposed unnecessarily because they want to access their funds.

Same Nigerians will still rally around to complain when they have faudulent transactions with their card and are being told that they cannot get the footage of the transaction because it was disabled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards / Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? / Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.