Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga (19314 Views)

Liverpool Players Celebrated Barcelona Win Inside Their Dressing Room / Luis Suarez Receives Bite From His Son After Barcelona Win LaLiga Title / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores As Juventus Win Italian Super Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by kherlly(m): 10:36am On Jul 09, 2020
RapistOnBail:
barcelona better lift that trophy.

Only if Madrid loss two games I don't see us (Barca) winning it again except miracle
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by charlesm91(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Ramos is what every Team needs ahead of Messi? Tone down on the level of Kwale smokes, it'll help you reason better.

Every team has its leader and leadership comes in many forms. Ramos has led Madrid this season despite all the injuries, setbacks and media fights with the coach concerning bale and James. That hasn’t deterred the team from its goal, and the same time madrid is having one if its best seasons defensively. Courtois is within reach of winning the zamora trophy that no Madrid gk has won since “07 thanks to a stable backline. Ramos scoring decisive goals (Yes pens are decisive and you’ll be hypocritical to downplay it seeing as Messi is the Pk taker for Barca)to keep the team ahead while doing his defensive duties.
Ramos to Messi is comparing apples to oranges in light of Messi’s stats as an attacker. So by level of impact on the team it’s fair to say should Madrid win la liga Ramos will have a higher probability of winning the award.
VVD has even made the choice somewhat easier now for panelists seeing as defenders are beginning to get recognized for their efforts.

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Sheuns(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:
I thought Madrid was ahead by 7 points (that must be Juventus in Serie A, I guess)...

Doesn't matter none... Madrid has more or less won the league. With their relentless form, referees, and VAR, I can't see them dropping points anytime soon.

However, I wish only one point will be separating them till they meet! Nothing like a title deciding last game of La Liga!!! tongue

Meet for third leg?
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Goalnaldo(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Really??! How exactly does your math work??!

You mean even if Barca wins 3 remaining games (85 points), and Madrid does what you typed above with their remaining 4 games (85 points), they will still win the league with Barca having more goals??! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Spain don't use Goal difference. It's head to head.
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Angelfrost(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Sheuns:

Meet for third leg?

I have corrected myself. Thanks boss. grin
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Angelfrost(m): 11:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Spain don't use Goal difference. It's head to head.

I have been well informed. Thanks.
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Goalnaldo(m): 11:25am On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Head to head??! What kinda head to head??! Even when Barca beats them in the return fixture and has superior goal difference??!... Please, further enlighten me.

Modified: I just realized there is no return fixture. Congrats ahead to Madrid! grin
you are a trouble maker cheesy grin
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Goalnaldo(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2020
eni4real:
He scored in 2015 Copa America final...
Stop bringing international Trophy to every discussion, it is very lame!!

Messi is the best in all types of international tournaments he has played in his career!!

You can't taunt him with international achievements. He can't be the playmaker and the finisher at the same time in all games!!
but he has been the playmaker and the finisher at the same time in all games for Barcelona tongue
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by joeking2222: 11:30am On Jul 09, 2020
anigbajumo:
Win for no reason, Florentino Perez don buy VAR and Spanish FA to make sure Madrid Lift the trophy... Imagine Madrid played 3 matches consequtively nd VAR deliberately gave them penalty and denied their opponent a very clear penalty....
Chief Wailer don come. Guy, your name na Jeremiah? grin cheesy
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Angelfrost(m): 11:36am On Jul 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
you are a trouble maker cheesy grin

Egbon, nor mind me jor. I be wan find Galacticos fans trouble.

They shouldn't be perturbed so much. This title is theirs to lose. This is definitely not Barca's season. grin
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Goldeno(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

Is Ramos an attacker?? A leader that steps up?? Maybe you forgot the freekick he scored.. moreover if someone had scored a pk, he won't be taunted about international trophy to this day grin
cheesygringrin
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Kingsarmylee(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
Do you love football? Do you want latest news on sport?
Join the fast rising whatsapp *TV SPORT VISTA�*
*we bring you analysis on All Sport*
�Highlights ⚾️Sport news �Sport debates ⚽️Sport Fun facts ⚽️Sport Memes �betting tips/odds �Advertisement ⚽️Giveaways � And lots more...
*Click on this link to join the TV��*
https:///2348090726173?text=Hi%20sportvista%2C%20I'll%20like%20to%20view%20your%20status%2C%20my%20name%20is________
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Really??! How exactly does your math work??!

You mean even if Barca wins 3 remaining games (85 points), and Madrid does what you typed above with their remaining 4 games (85 points), they will still win the league with Barca having more goals??! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
it's head to head. Goal difference is useless in La Liga. Real Madrid beat and drew Barcelona so they will win the league if they both end up with the same number of points
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Angelfrost(m): 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nuel4:
it's head to head. Goal difference is useless in La Liga. Real Madrid beat and drew Barcelona so they will win the league if they both end up with the same number of points

Yeah... I see that now.

But, what happens if they both drew both fixtures with the same score lines??! How does head to head come in then??!

Their system is badly flawed!!!
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Yeah... I see that now.

But, what happens if they both drew both fixtures with the same score lines??! How does head to head come in then??!

Their system is badly flawed!!!
they'd use goal difference. That's the third tie breaker
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Remind me of the year that Messi won the best player without winning the league or being top scorer.

Remind me again. What year?

The year Madrid won the league under Mourinho??

Laliga 2011??
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Angelfrost(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nuel4:
they'd use goal difference. That's the third tie breaker

Okay sir... Thanks.

It makes more sense to use goal difference like EPL.
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
eni4real:
Messi is the best in the World !!! La liga is just a footstool for him undecided

Lol.. you remember the year Madrid won laliga and Ronaldo won golden boot, why did Messi still win Laliga best forward and Laliga best player??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
umtitibaba:
from it view, dybala should win serie a best player of the season... if u say otherwise, then u are an hypocrite

How...?? Dybala or Ronaldo, who has been more decisive for Juventus??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
eni4real:
He scored in 2015 Copa America final...
Stop bringing international Trophy to every discussion, it is very lame!!

Messi is the best in all types of international tournaments he has played in his career!!

You can't taunt him with international achievements. He can't be the playmaker and the finisher at the same time in all games!!

Why not?? Shebi he's a goat, hasn't Pele done this before??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
eni4real:
Ramos will win the Real Madrid player of the season only!!

Leading in goals and Assists, is not called 'stat padding'

Lol... My brother, but when Ronaldo is named the highest goal scorer and assister in European competitions, it's statpadding, right??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
eni4real:

So, Henderson should win the player of the season over Kevin De bryune??

KD.Bryne or Henderson, who was more decisive for his team??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
michjunior:

Because Ramos scored 10 goals of which 6 are penalties? compared to a guy who has scored 22 at d moment with 19 assist?
bro take some pills pls

Oga, Ramos is a defender.... And he has been decisive for Madrid winning the laliga this season... His goals have been match winning goals, not statpadding against Valladolid

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by tesppidd: 12:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

The year Madrid won the league under Mourinho??

Laliga 2011??
Which 2011 are you talking about?

Is it the 2010/11 season or the 2011/12 season?

Young man listen.

For the 2010/11 season, Barca won the league and Ronaldo was top scorer. Barca won the treble.

For the 2011/12 season, Madrid won the league and Messi was top scorer with a record 50 la liga goals(never been done before, first and only time in history someone got 50 league goals).

What da hell are you talking about??
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

KD.Bryne or Henderson, who was more decisive for his team??
You mean Trophy??
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

Lol... My brother, but when Ronaldo is named the highest goal scorer and assister in European competitions, it's statpadding, right??
Cristiano is a mere goal scorer and one yard assister..
Playmaking is lacking in his game... MODRIC exposed that in 2018!
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

Why not?? Shebi he's a goat, hasn't Pele done this before??
Pele never did that

He had Didi, Garrincha, Jarzinho, Tostao, Amarildo, Rivelinho, Gerson etc!!

All at their peak!!

I will say Pele robbed Jarzinho to the World cup Golden ball award in the 1970 world cup!!

That guy (old man now) scored in all games of the 1970 world cup and recorded highest dribble ever in world cup history (before Maradona and Messi)
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
Goalnaldo:
but he has been the playmaker and the finisher at the same time in all games for Barcelona tongue
Not in all games...
Eto'o , Villa, Suarez were the number 9 in the team and you can't compare them to that Argetine Yakubu called Higuain!!

Messi is just a complete package..

But he can't be doing Playmaking and finishing in all games especially when his Argentina was lacking Midfielders like in 2014 and especially 2018 World cup!!

Even Maradona had Buruchaga and Cannigia who are far super to that high budget Yakubu!
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by Goalnaldo(m): 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Egbon, nor mind me jor. I be wan find Galacticos fans trouble.

They shouldn't be perturbed so much. This title is theirs to lose. This is definitely not Barca's season. grin
so you wan find our trouble abi? True sha the trophy is ours to lose.
Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by obonujoker(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Which 2011 are you talking about?

Is it the 2010/11 season or the 2011/12 season?

Young man listen.

For the 2010/11 season, Barca won the league and Ronaldo was top scorer. Barca won the treble.

For the 2011/12 season, Madrid won the league and Messi was top scorer with a record 50 la liga goals(never been done before, first and only time in history someone got 50 league goals).

What da hell are you talking about??

2010/2011, why didn't Ronaldo win the best forward, although winning the golden boot??

2011/2012.... Why didn't Ronaldo win the laliga best player,seeing that he was decisive in Madrid winning the league that season??

2014/2015... Ronaldo won the golden boot with a record 48 goals... Why didn't he win best forward that year??

1 Like

Re: Suarez Scores As Barcelona Win Relegates Espanyol From La Liga by tesppidd: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2020
obonujoker:

2010/2011, why didn't Ronaldo win the best forward, although winning the golden boot??

2011/2012.... Why didn't Ronaldo win the laliga best player,seeing that he was decisive in Madrid winning the league that season??

2014/2015... Ronaldo won the golden boot with a record 48 goals... Why didn't he win best forward that year??
That's the problem. It comes down to discretion which you might be lacking.

There is no set down criterion for the Award for the best player of la liga.
It's not for top scorer and it's not for league winner.
It's for the best player across the league.

It comes down to the discretion of the voters to tell who was best generally.

1. 2010/2011

Ronaldo won the top scorer and nothing more.

Messi was second top scorer, won La Liga, won Copa del Rey and won the Champions league.

Which idiot would have placed Ronaldo above Messi simply because he was top scorer?

2. 2011/2012

Ronaldo won La Liga only. He did not win the treble like Messi did the previous year.
He won only la liga.

Messi won Copa del Rey, Made history by breaking the la liga scoring record with 50 Goals, Made history by scoring 73 Goals in all competitions and Made history by scoring 91 Goals for the year.

Again which idiot would have placed Ronaldo above Messi because he won only La Liga.?

3. 2014/15.

Ronaldo was top scorer with 48 goals but you lie, it was never a record. Which yeye record? The record remains 50 goals which Messi had in 2012.

Again Messi won the treble; La Liga, Copa Del Rey and the Champions league.
And he scored a lot of goals too in la liga.

Again which idiot would have placed Ronaldo ahead of Messi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is She An Athlete Or A P0rnStar? (picture) / Ghana-Nigeria Relations: Thoughts From Football Perspective / Violence During/after Etoile Vs Enyimba Game. Story By Enyimba's Media Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.