Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike (18468 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / 14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / Maritime Workers Threaten Strike Over Arrest Of 20 Dockworkers In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by bamdly(m): 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
abeg ooooo and my order from aliexpress still never reach
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by blessedchild234(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
Na wa oh , truth is that digitalization has collected the jobs of these ones such as gmail and co.
But the amount of people is too much for retrenchment.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by entrep88: 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Let NIPOST go and sit down..... What of Civil Defense and Police. They should learn to live with it.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Psylas2: 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
Madmancomment:
Lovely news

Very pleasant new

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by AmadorSays: 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hmmm 15,000 jobs is no small thing o, loosing your job at a time like this won't be close to funny o, reminds me of a middle-aged married man that lost his job at the initial stage of the
COVID19 lockdown. He was desperate and at the same time depressed as no opportunity was
forth coming.
He started asking around about what bank can support him because he’s got creative and
productive ideas, people told him Banks in Nigeria don’t really support growing business or
Entrepreneurs but in his quest to find solution because of his family are looking up to him, he
found a bank that believed in his ideas and dreams after submitting a proposal, he opened an
account and today it’s a different story.
I just hope this story helps someone cos there's still hope in times like these.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by AmadorSays: 7:58pm On Jul 09, 2020
Psylas2:

please what is this
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Psylas2: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
AmadorSays:
please what is this

I was just keeping the pictures for myself.
Sorry for the quote.

Nigerian soldiers killed by Boko Haram yesterday
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by AmadorSays: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
Psylas2:

I was just keeping the pictures for myself.
Sorry for the quote.

Nigerian soldiers killed by Boko Haram yesterday
wow, sad one undecided
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
I shame some people who are happy because of npower. They take a better job from you and give you peanut jobs in the name of npower and some people are busy praising Buhari. Look now 15000 nipost workers are about to lose their jobs and they will encourage to apply for npower. Stupid government

1 Like

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Ennyholar: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
COVID19 is really taking away people sources of livelihood. This reminds of the story of a man who lost his job but was saved by his bank. This period it is very important to seek financial advisory from your bank to prevent uncertainty. FCMB offers financial advisory to their customers especially if you are small and medium enterprises.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
NIPOST messed themselves up!
Stealing people's packages.
Go and see how the British Postal service works.

Now logistics company have further made you redundant and utterly useless!
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by jaymichael(m): 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Built2last:
Nipost still dey?

I have not used their service like forever. Honestly I thought they have gone bust
NIPOST os one of the few government agencies that still function properly in Nigeria. NIPOST has the cheapest logistics price in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by nickxtra(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lorenzop:

Those people are confused humans....imagine FIRS doing the job of NIPOST.....hopeless country, if anyone thinks it will get better, you must be a dreamer
Really a hopeless country. May God be our Helper
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by matrixme(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2020
Beautiful nonsense! Like as if they had real jobs before, other than to be peeling melon and gossipping in post office lobbies across the nation. I remembered the day I went to Post office in Garki, Abuja. I almost died of their boring bureocracy.
So 15,000 people's ( salaried and pensionable) job daily is just to sell stamps everyday to people and you want that as essential duty! Very uncreative government agency

1 Like

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Lionofdjungle: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
I think if the Federal Government can pay their gratuity and pension, they will be justified, knowing full well that NIPOST is now underutilized as most letters and parcels are sent via email and other private courier services. I can't remember the last time I went to a post office for anything. But the question is "can the government pay their gratuities as they are being laid off?"
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Xisnin(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
COMPAQ:

They are the cheapest because they incur loses which government pays for. Which in turns means less money for infrastructure, education and health. Do we need 15k people to produce and sell stamps?? In this day and age of email, e signatures, scan etc?

I don't believe that figure.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Emmalada1: 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
This is a practical example why everybody should join network marketing,especially kedi healthcare. Working under someone or government is never save and you can't succeed in life working as an employee. Three things will always affect you as an employee either (1) you Resign when you don't the job anymore (2)or the company Sack you after working years without results (3)or you will Retire broke,sick and old when the strength is no more there. Working as an employee is a very big risk!
They don't need to waste more time going to strike,how much are they earning as salary before mtcheeeeeeeew...when my dad is earning over 1m monthly as star 8 consultant,my brother earning over 400k as star 7 in kedi healthcare industry and we are even up to 6years in kedi business. They should look for network marketing,kedi healthcare to join now and make real money and be their own boss!!!
If you know any of them refer them to me so i can explain about kedi business to them or whatsapp 08109824669
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
They should not go to strike o shocked
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Greenpace214(f): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
realstars:
Nipost In Action About To Augtion Theire Postition To N-power.

Na wa o!!!
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by louiziana(m): 2:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Lorenzop:

Those people are confused humans....imagine FIRS doing the job of NIPOST.....hopeless country, if anyone thinks it will get better, you must be a dreamer

They knew it was not legal but still went on with the move, this has never happened before the rule of this govt.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Awaoyelmoni(m): 7:45am On Jul 10, 2020
Amidst this Pandemic government's priority should be to put measures in place measures to curb job losses and not the other way round. If Firs is at a loss as to what services to deliver they should close down and not sabotage functions of other govt agencies next thing you know they'll start issuing drivers license. Imagine America's IRS issuing stamp duties.. Nonsense and Firs
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by helpsomeone: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=IpobOsuIgbo post=91550358][/quote]. Don't mind the so called NIPOST. The level of corruption is too high in that department. On your consignment you said it's still stuck in transit. Are you able to track it? The workers are bunch of serial liars. I once reported them to authority about my consignment that was arrived but still told me that they have not received. Until I reported them to headquarter. It was after then they find it out for me.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Beolly(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2020
Spontaneous007:
God don catch tunde omo iya onigi...
Tunde see work for Nipost come dey form for we him guys for street.

Tunde wey be say na bread and pap the idiot dey chop every morning for my side. After him see us he start to call us riff Raff, jobless morons.. because him don buy car.

Hmmmm easy oo.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Beolly(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2020
obyrich:
So Nipost has up to 15000 workers? grin
I sure say more than half of them just dey collect salary doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by IpobOsuIgbo: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2020
helpsomeone:
. Don't mind the so called NIPOST. The level of corruption is too high in that department. On your consignment you said it's still stuck in transit. Are you able to track it? The workers are bunch of serial liars. I once reported them to authority about my consignment that was arrived but still told me that they have not received. Until I reported them to headquarter. It was after then they find it out for me.
Please, how can I report them?
The tracking is stuck somehow too.
It stopped in "departed country of origin to Nigeria blablabla"
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by helpsomeone: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
IpobOsuIgbo:

Please, how can I report them?
The tracking is stuck somehow too.
It stopped in "departed country of origin to Nigeria blablabla"
. First go to official NIPOST website to track it with the tracking number. Let me know the information it displayed to know next line of action.
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by Beolly(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
helpsomeone:
. First go to official NIPOST website to track it with the tracking number. Let me know the information it displayed to know next line of action.
Please help I need job or anything to survive. Please
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by obyrich(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Beolly:

I sure say more than half of them just dey collect salary doing nothing.
Na wa o
Re: 15,000 NIPOST Workers To Lose Jobs, Threaten Strike by helpsomeone: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Beolly:

Please help I need job or anything to survive. Please
. Where are you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sudden Recall From Former Organisation / Henrietta Yakubu: FAAN Extorts Arik Air Staff Over Passenger Extortion / Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.