Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio (6428 Views)

Why Iphones Are Still The Best Overall / Why Iphones Over Other Phones / How To Install Offline FM Radio App (Apk) On Infinix Note 5 Stylus 5 & Note 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by blingxx(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2020
gentlestdude:
people still dey hear radio?

only old pple make use of it (the baby boomers) grin that can hardly operate a smartphone
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2020
masterP042:
Everyone saying it's unique. If a big man does nonsense people will call it a trend, but even if a poor man is doing something good, no one cares.

There's no reasonable reason for iphones not to have fm.. But since it's Apple, it's being called unique and classy.. Inside life.

chai. sound analysis boss
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by NinjaMetahuman: 8:29am On Jul 10, 2020
masterP042:
Everyone saying it's unique. If a big man does nonsense people will call it a trend, but even if a poor man is doing something good, no one cares.

There's no reasonable reason for iphones not to have fm.. But since it's Apple, it's being called unique and classy.. Inside life.
it has nothing to do with big man. People are just naturally stupid and feel because something is expensive, then it must be unique or good.

Let them add fm today and hear these same stupid people call it innovation and apple inventing FM like we have never seen. Just like they add widget that Android had since gingerbread while the fanboys were all over the place jubilating.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by UbongCR7(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2020
MamaCass:
Your number 2 reason is a joke. Xaomi did it. No need for external antenna to receive FM signals.

The nokia phone i bn get for 2012 been d play radio wireless and you are mentioning xiaomi of yesterday.

I go modify when i remember the name.

Modified: Nokia x2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2020
DextrousDavid:

FTC there
We know baby, we know.... We know good content when we see one.
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
We know baby, we know.... We know good content when we see one.
Baby ke?. abeg I'm a guy o. And yeah.. what a wonderful thread.
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Collinz2(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
it has nothing to do with big man. People are just naturally stupid and feel because something is expensive, then it must be unique or good.

Let them add fm today and hear these same stupid people call it innovation and apple inventing FM like we have never seen. Just like they add widget that Android had since gingerbread while the fanboys were all over the place jubilating.
And they will call it different name to fo0l their fanboys.

4 Likes

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by NinjaMetahuman: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2020
Collinz2:
And they will call it different name to fo0l their fanboys.
they will call it retina radio and fanboiz start masturbating all over the place on how apple revolutionize fm radio.

They know their fan base are naturally stupid but like to feel special.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Incredible128: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2020
masterP042:

not that I'm supporting mediocrity sha , but if it was tecno or infinix or any other lesser android brand, you would see how everybody would come for their head grin

3 Likes

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 10:37am On Jul 10, 2020
Incredible128:
not that I'm supporting mediocrity sha , but if it was tecno or infinix or any other lesser android brand, you would see how everybody would come for their head grin

I dey tell you. lol

1 Like

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Edopesin: 11:44am On Jul 10, 2020
people still use their Radio App? I've been using my phone for almost a year and I've never used the radio
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
Edopesin:
people still use their Radio App? I've been using my phone for almost a year and I've never used the radio

lol... mehnnn
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Since they didn't put it kukuma buy small radio keep for house....

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Collinz2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
they will call it retina radio and fanboiz start masturbating all over the place on how apple revolutionize fm radio.

hahahaha
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by egbeagie(f): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
Very correct however, My eBook was launched 30/06/2020 , here is a sneak peak .

Chapter 4
I once listened to a very distinguished Nigerian personality and an aspiring government official who pioneers the most astounding business school in Nigeria and in the interview, he informed that one of his regrets in life is that his children don’t speak nor hear his language. This is because modern day parents have resolved to tend to the]civilized approach when it comes to names .They name children based on poshness .
Example of such names is Zendaya meaning to give thanks ,to be appreciative however its origin is from the shona language of southern zimbabwe . Is it right to say if for example I give my daughter Zendaya that she is from Zimbabwe ?? Nope , modern day parents give children names based on the sound or poshness they shy away from naming children in their mother tongue. Because these names are no longer popular and this has caused many not to know the meaning of names in our mother tongue.Now the question is what is the modern day parent challenge ??

Would you want to have access to this must-have eBook for every home? It helps to guide you on name search as a parent or intending parent.

CLICK HERE to grab your free copy now .
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Depressed101: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
GOFRONT:
That's why I prefer Blackberry
if i see you in real life I will buy you a cold dead beer.. You are a real mvip welcome to the club
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Depressed101: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dmanin:

Success, against popular sentiments, is the predictable outcome of deliberate small actions and modifications made upon failures and the persistence invested which transforms each failure to mere draw-backs on the certain rise to victory. Success is predictable! Yes, I just said it. Analyse the actions of individuals today and you can, with a slight sense of cockiness, predict their future.

While the above argument may be dismissed on the grounds that the environmental conditions successful persons find themselves were often favourable to their rise, coupled with circumstances beyond explicable designs which propelled them; the most important environmental determinant of success is the internal environment and this environment is solely moulded by the individuals own hands. It is the crucible wherein successes are forged and failures created.

The actions of individuals are a perfect reflection of their internal environments. A man who takes the time to hone his craft is one who longs for mastery. No success was ever achieved through inactions, even when the stars of men perfectly aligned. Take those deliberate actions today.

Sign up for business meeting via zoom by fill out the invitation form to stand a better chance. The meeting link will be posted as soon as possible

Date: 11th July,2020
Time: 8:00 PM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdh_grhSxTzmsAEXHYJX1stItaqJ6SVCnQHLvPulDGwYBggEg/viewform

Invite details:
Name: Agboola
Code PAC794048

Register here: https://pacdexchange.com/
this write up inspires me
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by officialsaw01(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
The only thing i miss in Lagos is radio.
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2020
officialsaw01:
The only thing i miss in Lagos is radio.

Other state also has their radio Stations na
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by festwiz(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
FM radio still has it's place especially in places where full access to the internet is not available. Take Nigeria for example, if you travel by road a lot you may experience complete network dead zones, zero signal reception even, and the radio is a good way to find out information as regards to weather and road conditions as well as keep abreast on local information.

I hardly use it but from time to time it's quite insightful. It's one of those features where you may not feel the need but can be quite glad you have sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by officialsaw01(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
DextrousDavid:

Other state also has their radio Stations na
I mean the radio programs there.
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
angry angry angry

Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2020
officialsaw01:
I mean the radio programs there.
Hmm...
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by DextrousDavid(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2020
elvischukie:
angry angry angry
Wetyn do your face Na
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by AlphaSoul: 10:51pm On May 18, 2021
DextrousDavid:
Ever wondered why that your very expensive iPhone did not come with an FM radio?

Then you’re not alone on this.

It is important to note that: iPhones before iPhone 6s had FM Receiver but it was hidden and was rendered useless by Apple ( surprising right? ).

Even recently FCC (Federal Communications Commission), asked Apple to enable FM Radio’s to transmit broadcast warnings and alerts in emergency situation but Apple refused stating that
“newer iPhone’s don’t have FM Chips.”
It’s quite surprising to find out that even cheaper phones come with the FM radio, but our very expensive iPhones do not come with it.

(OjReloaded) https://www.ojreloaded.com.ng has compiled the major reasons why iPhones do not come with FM Radio:

1. Apple likes its products to be perceived as a niche market product
It is evident the FM radio is something that is accessible to almost everyone. As a matter of fact the cheapest of feature phones has an FM Radio. And that’s exactly the bracket Apple doesn’t want to see itself in.
So Apple offers the ability to live stream music to your device via the internet.
The quality and experience of that is way better than hearing the same song on FM radio without having to listen to endlessly painful commercials.

2. Steve Jobs vision was to have a completely wireless experience on the iPhones
As long as there is FM the phone would require an external antenna, via headphone jack. Also FM would require a separate chip to work which may also result in more battery drain in iPhones which ship with smaller batteries.

3. Feature Competition
Why would Apple add a feature that competes with Apple Music or Internet Radio? some people even refer to FM radio as a dying technology anyway.
Digital Audio Broadcasting such as DAB+ or Digital Radio Mon dial would be more appropriate. But still very unlikely.
Most car manufacturers are already switching to DAB+ in markets that support it.

4. Economic Motive
There’s a suspicion that there is an economic motive. Cellphones generally are often used to download music or podcasts. If you do this over the air, no network charges apply.

This results in commercial pressure to abandon over the air TV and Radio, and sell the spectrum to cellphone companies who will charge customers for what was formerly free, or at least paid for by advertisements.
And, by the way, notice that unless you pay an additional fee, the advertisements do not go away when you listen to network radio.

5. No Apparent Reason
Surprisingly enough, Apple just doesn’t want an FM on their device, despite the criticism. There is an FM receiver included in their hardware, but it cannot be accessed.
recent cell phone makers are simply not interested in making an FM receiver for their phones, some sort of a recent trend perhaps.
Even some new Android phones are shipping some of their latest lines of smartphones without an FM.

For more reasons/latest news visit: https://www.ojreloaded.com.ng/latest/finally-revealed-reasons-why-iphones-do-not-have-fm-radio
A niche market.
Re: Finally Revealed: Reasons Why Iphones Do Not Have FM Radio by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 21, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:

wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

My People Be Careful Of Xiaomi Marketers / Screen ON Time Challenge (SOT) / No Blackberry Phone In The Top Ten Best Phones 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.