Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

How Do I Deal With This. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With This. (4025 Views)

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by uboma(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Acidosis:

You're a good woman and your husband is not a bad man. Please refer back to my first post and have a heart-to-heart discussion with him. He's obviously a spender, not necessarily lazy. Someone only needs to give him the message to embrace the current realities. All the best.

Are you still saying that he is not being lazy?

I give up on you. No need to debate on this with you any further.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Acidosis:

Same way she wouldn't take your posts seriously, I mean those of you insulting a married man that took care of his family up until (and even after) he lost his job.

I'm surprised you still had the courage to quote me after contesting the issue of savings.

Whatever makes you happy abeg.

Courage, how?
Meanwhile your first post is a total horror, you need to see it for the no-no that it is. Insight, the first step lipsrsealed
I reacted to it accordingly, because it rubbed me off the wrong way. But with your second post you showed some acknowledgement of the lady’s efforts, you tried to be understanding and were not the usual judgemental you. I quoted you because I liked that particular post. It was a much nicer and human post than the first one. I didn’t know I needed to have a shot of whiskey before quoting the big bad wolf cheesy

I contested the issue of savings? You sanctimoniously decided how long it was supposed to last and because that’s not you wearing the particular shoe, I called you out on that. So what are you saying?
You know what? You are the person who found a special way to judge the woman, poor people who lose their jobs and run down their savings sooner than you are comfortable with, people who can’t save, people who feel overwhelmed with life’s problems, all in one post! That is all shades of taking the cake.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
Funmilehot:
He's trying. On some part I will agree with u he's lazy. I've begged severally we move out to a lower house cos of rent but his pride won't let him rather he will end up saying words that made him a victim and making me feel bad.
Your house rent on annual bases,should be sum total of your two months salary. Anything above that, u are living above your income.

You have the piper, you should detect the tune...After all cut suya cut suya, na from cow body.

To your husband ego, keep massaging it until u push yourself 6ft below, he will re-marry.

las, las everyone has his/her cross to carry, maybe this is your own.

E go better......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
uboma:

A man that worked up until 2017, worked so much that he saved up 900k, and has continued to travel (may be wrong priorities) in search of greener pastures is not lazy in my own definition. That I choose to pursue white collar job rather than a blue collar doesn't mean I'm lazy. Laziness is making effort at nothing, blue, white or black collar.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
merahki:

Courage, how?
Meanwhile your first post is a total horror, you need to see it for the no-no that it is. Insight, the first step lipsrsealed
I reacted to it accordingly, because it rubbed me off the wrong way. But with your second post you showed some acknowledgement of the lady’s efforts, you tried to be understanding and were not the usual judgemental you. I quoted you because I liked that particular post. It was a much nicer and human post than the first one. I didn’t know I needed to have a shot of whiskey before quoting the big bad wolf cheesy

I contested the issue of savings? You sanctimoniously decided how long it was supposed to last and because that’s not you wearing the particular shoe, I called you out on that. So what are you saying?
You know what? You are the person who found a special way to judge the woman, poor people who lose their jobs and run down their savings sooner than you are comfortable with, people who can’t save, people who feel overwhelmed with life’s problems, all in one post! That is all shades of taking the cake.

You have issues. Where in my post did I judge her or her husband. Those that called him lazy weren't judging but the same me that defended the man against your assumptions of being a lazy man that depend on his wife for 2 years is judgmental?

You truly have issues.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
GboyegaD:

Following the effects of the stay at home order where some did not receive salaries and the obvious outcomes we read, you can tell our savings culture isn't top notch and OP's husband might be among those who do not have much savings.

My husband has been paying the rent effortlessly from 2014 upto 2017. He was laid off early 2018. He had savings of about 900k but all was expended on further search for jobs, taking care of the family, flights and accommodation to Abuja in search of connections, and the burial of his aunt. I will still say he has really tried and I appreciate his efforts.

His elder sister do send him something at times but he will lie to me she sent something lesser. Last December I saw alert of 150k on his phone but he lied to me his sister sent him 40k. He took us to shoprite, next day he bought loads of turkey shirts and other stuffs worth more...
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 5:51am On Jul 11, 2020
uboma:

It is annoying to see some men behave so irresponsibly.

Two years is enough time to have gotten something small to do at least to support his struggling wife.

Very very annoying, Especially those with ego.

Same goes to lazy wives who aren't working and are not ready to......

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 5:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

Stop making excuses for such a behaviour.
2years is too damn long for a man not to do anything but rely solely on his wife. ( I've always talked about this)
You talk as if jobs are the only option...Just imagine
His type are probably one of those who are too proud to take smaller jobs than they previously had.
Personally, I wouldn't stand for such a behaviour
He is a trophy husband....grin

At least no be every time trophy wife trophy wife.

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by dingbang(m): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2020
MArriage sef. This single that I am singling now, the peace of mind I am experiencing is on a celestial level. I just cannot come and go and come back again and buy wahala for myself.

Until I meet someone who isnt selfish and filled with understanding, omo eeh , money for marriage go still dey akant!
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 6:20am On Jul 11, 2020
Funmilehot:
Please let's sheathe our swords.

My husband has been paying the rent effortlessly from 2014 upto 2017. He was laid off early 2018. He had savings of about 900k but all was expended on further search for jobs, taking care of the family, flights and accommodation to Abuja in search of connections, and the burial of his aunt. I will still say he has really tried and I appreciate his efforts. I stepped in late 2018 carrying the family along with my life savings and I paid for 2018 rent with ease. Last years rent was a bit tough for me cos all my life savings were depleted.
He's against us moving out to a low cost area cos according to him he's getting something soon so he can't downgrade and he's dissapointed in me for suggesting such.. His elder sister do send him something at times but he will lie to me she sent something lesser. Last December I saw alert of 150k on his phone but he lied to me his sister sent him 40k. He took us to shoprite, next day he bought loads of turkey shirts and other stuffs worth more than the 40k he claimed his sister sent him. I kept that to myself.

Currently we are carrying face cos he begged I should borrow him 50k to service his car.(i do not know if anything is wrong with the car or not) I told him I don't have. He said I was just paid last week I insisted I don't have, that's how I became enemy of progress who wants him to be moving with legs. Meanwhile there's a car but me and my kids are Always on our legs jumping from one bus to the other.
I do not know how to go about this money for servicing of his car. I'm just confused.
This your story is coming in episodes o.

Madam go and reason with your husband....You both don't even understand each other to an extent, which is very bad.

The companion is almost gone.

And trust is fading away with the way you are monitoring each other....

In the end if you aren't ready to fix things and come to a common terms, u will be the loser o.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Coldplay007(f): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2020
Acidosis:
No savings when he lost his job? I asked this because I don't believe people (always) go broke immediately they lose their job. There are people that would survive quite well for at least 6 months to a year without a job.

He buys nice clothes for himself out of your salary while you make do with old and tattered clothes? Is this true?

What does it even mean to call someone that lost his/her job 'lazy'? I'm trying to imagine what I would do if I lost a job? Perhaps, begin to walk from Obalende to Mowe Mondays to Fridays to show that I'm super hard- walking ?

I understand the frustration. Women always try to resist the idea of providing whether on a short-term or long-term. May be it wasn't what you signed up for but then, life happens. This is what a lot of us fail to consider before tying the nut.

Not sure I have the right words for you. But, I would urge you to hold on and continue to encourage your man. Show your frustration through your gentle words. He would get the message someday.

Nobody should be jobless for years.. there is always something to do. Guys in Lagos and PH can relate, but he wants to stay in his village and be doing fine boy..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Mariangeles(f): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Munzy14:

He is a trophy husband....grin

At least no be every time trophy wife trophy wife.

So, are you a potential trophy husband?

Good morning smiley
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

So, are you a potential trophy husband?
Good morning smiley
good morning.

No be only trophy na friendly match husband...grin grin

Local man has learnt to make his money from childhood biko.

It is common for a man to carry the family for lifetime.
but give it to a woman for a day, ooohh!!! the whole thing moves down south..lol

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Mariangeles(f): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2020
Munzy14:

good morning.

but give it to a woman for a day, ooohh!!! the whole thing moves down south..lol

grin
Well, that's because it's not supposed to be so.
It'll wear her out.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2020
sisisioge:
Haaa! Let me not talk! May God continue to bless your hustle. I bet your husband is a Yoruba man...majority of them were especially taught to marry women who can carry the family load alone in case they are incapacitated...which isn't bad. But they tend to want to remain incapacitated once the woman can do it. I' am Yoruba by the way and I've seen a lot of them!

From next month, stock the house with food, buy yourself something nice and manage the rest. Once it finishes, it finishes na niyen. May God bless your hustle. And no more picket money for your HUSBAND! Stop enabling his laziness!

God bless you for saying the truth.. Yoruba men only marry financially stable women, they most times don't care beauty. I know this because i live in Akure and i see this a lot. I attended big schools and most of my classmates have mothers who were divorced or married but still paying all the bills. Most of these women were very rich too with financially unstable men. Sometimes, i wonder how u guys cope and on top of that, the man will still cheat. Yoruba women are hustlers and hard working while their men are not men enough. I really dont like yoruba men but i dont hate them either just that their attitudes towards life and family is not great.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2020
uboma:

I bet that acidosis is a yoruba man, no cap. They are mostly lazy and do not see anything bad in a woman feeding them for 2 years. Tueh

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Munzy14:

good morning.

Where are you from pls? I like the way reason
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by bukatyne(f): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

God bless you for saying the truth.. Yoruba men only marry financially stable women, they most times don't care beauty. I know this because i live in Akure and i see this a lot. I attended big schools and most of my classmates have mothers who were divorced or married but still paying all the bills. Most of these women were very rich too with financially unstable men. Sometimes, i wonder how u guys cope and on top of that, the man will still cheat. Yoruba women are hustlers and hard working while their men are not men enough. I really dont like yoruba men but i dont hate them either just that their attitudes towards life and family is not great.

Hahahahahahaha!

See how you washed our men!

Na wa o!
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by uboma(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

I bet that acidosis is a yoruba man, no cap. They are mostly lazy and do not see anything bad in a woman feeding them for 2 years. Tueh

Hey!

Stop it!

There are Yoruba men who are very responsible. We have irresponsible men cut across all tribes.
It isn't about one's tribe or culture....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

grin
Well, that's because it's not supposed to be so.
It'll wear her out.
cheesy

so it wears the men in ?.....smh grin

Do you know in other animals, the mothers hunt for the family most...cheesy Humans are said to be higher animal.

E no easy at all. Bread and akara is a nice combo, at least if one person win bread, let the other win akara so life will strike a balance..No mata how wealthy a man is, a working wife is an icing on the cake at least for the kids... Death can strike anytime.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Munzy14(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

Where are you from pls? I like the way reason
Thanks...I am from eastern heartland.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

Na wa o!
I wan cry self but tears fail me. cry cry

Nawa o
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

Lol. Your issues are beyond redemption. Even after the woman came back to clear the air, you still choose to remain stup/d with your 2 years feeding money assumptions.

Now the issue has translated from laziness and joblessness to tribal. Good luck to you with your diagnosis of another woman's home while yours remain a future and nearly impossible tense.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Coldplay007:

Nobody should be jobless for years.. there is always something to do. Guys in Lagos and PH can relate, but he wants to stay in his village and be doing fine boy..

It's obvious we all didn't read the same post and majority didn't read between the lines.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

I bet that acid osis is a yoruba man, no cap. They are mostly lazy and do not see anything bad in a woman feeding them for 2 years. Tueh
Lol Yoruba Men aren't lazy, they are just no industrious and most lack enthusiasm to start from scratch unlike their Women. Yoruba Men not all but most prefer white collar jobs that getting their hands soiled and their great educational achievement is their undoing. Unlike An igbo man who will start from selling bras and pants at alaba market,to producing lingeries,A typical Yoruba Man will rather wait for the igbo man's company to kick off then come to apply as a manager in the company. Lol, although I must say they are intelligent and can make business grow but will hardly start it . They don't like their hands getting dirty. Lol Although not all but most.

Little wonder Op's husband used his savings of 900k to search for jobs and connections in Abuja. Lol who does that? If that savings was the wife's believe me that family's financial status would be booming by now. Because Unlike Yoruba Men,There women are hustlers and very industrious.Like they can do anything even jobs their husbands will reject. Although not all but Most. Hardly will you see a Yoruba woman without a job or something doing even if her husband is rich.In Yoruba society,a Jobless wife is a menace, she will be labeled all sort of names and blamed for anything that goes wrong around because Yoruba believe that a Jobless wife is automatically a rumour monger grin . No doubt Their women are richer but they hardly show it. But why won't they? We all know that there's salary job can never make one wealthy! Never!

Anyways back to the point, Op's husband is a typical Yoruba Man who would rather wait and dream to hit it big than starting from scratch, and his Yoruba pride will not let him move to a smaller apartment because he wants to keep his fake status quo. Op is really in for a long thing, expect she pushes responsibility back to him and wake him from his slumber.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Coldplay007(f): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
donbachi:
A man is jobless no mean laziness...the wife said "out if job for 2 years",so not like he has never worked before...no man is lazy,just dat his own opportunity never come.

A man that is jobless for 2 years is a lazy man.. there is always a job available if you can leave your comfort zone.. Comfort zone does not only denote location, it also refers to the type of job.. Some people are only looking for white collar jobs..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
Acidosis:

Lol. Your issues are beyond redemption. Even after the woman came back to clear the air, you still choose to remain stup/d with your 2 years feeding money assumptions.

Now the issue has translated from laziness and joblessness to tribal. Good luck to you with your diagnosis of another woman's home while yours remain a future and nearly impossible tense.

Are you yoruba or not? Simple question
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

Na wa o!

To be fair, is it not true? I've in Akure, Ondo state most of my life so i know what i am saying. I am not bashing them sis, just stating the obvious. I know most men's tribe on here by just their comment especially igbo and Yoruba as i have in both worlds.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Acidosis(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lucyspa:

Are you yoruba or not? Simple question

I am. What's the next question? Is my wife feeding me or not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by Lucyspa: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Acidosis:

GOSH! I SAID IT.
Re: How Do I Deal With This. by emmaodet: 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
Acidosis:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This. by walexyll(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

Stop making excuses for such a behaviour.
2years is too damn long for a man not to do anything but rely solely on his wife. ( I've always talked about this)
You talk as if jobs are the only option...Just imagine
His type are probably one of those who are too proud to take smaller jobs than they previously had.
Personally, I wouldn't stand for such a behaviour
I thought we are in the era of gender equality ��
There are dozens of stay-at-home mom trying to get a job for over 5 years without any "show". The husband will support and even deny himself of good things just to please the wife...we no go hear anything ooo...Now when the table turns, we no go hear word again...
Ladies should know what they really want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marrying A Divorced Lady / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open / Do You Need A Professional Moving Company To Handle Your House/relocation Needs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.