Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) (12847 Views)

Hardwork And Resilience: The Quadri Olatunji’s Story / Freelancing For Nigerians. Turn Your Skills To Mega Cashout. / Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:
What about Golden Tulip Hotels IB?
Hotels this is another area you guys didn't come close to Igbos, even in Abuja, PH , Lagos and other cities

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:
What about Golden Tulip Hotels IB?

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 6:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:

Ogbeni you wan dey compare that with Ibis hotel Ikeja owned by Olufemi Okenla.

I no wan dey deviate everytme. You are just dillydallying!

Na retail we dey do, when you were battered you keep changing subjects.
Igbos are far

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:

He did that because it’s a regional government. Yet!
In ICT

SLOT 65 branches across Nigeria

https://slot.ng/

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by hammer3: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2020
Mrbigman1:

Everyone has a mega idea for Onithsa.
Good it’s expanding and hopefully with time an airport and a dork will come to live one day.
Then our thoughts about the city wouldn’t matter no more, it will blow out on its own. Give that city 10 year, it till collect Anambra and make it a complete city state, lighting up small towns and markets around.
All I pray for is power supply so that we go into full blown production. E Go Schock them

Nwanne, u have the vision too.

I think Anambra has gas field around Onitsha.

That will go a long way to stabilise the power issue and make it an attractive site for industries that need gas or River.

Also, we could generate more power from the River Niger.

Citystate is a very good idea, if we can get collective funding from all 5 SouthEast State to develop it.

Certain quarters will benefit from our combined effort and resources, to substitute for the absence of the Federal Government.

U see places like Onitsha are great without Federal funding as we see in Abuja and Lagos.

Just a little of such funding, if they show u Onitsha, u won't believe your eyes.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 7:24am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:

Ogbeni Green African

ICT

Etranzact owned by Valentine Obi

eTranzact is Nigeria's first award winning multi-application, multi-channel electronic transaction switching and payment processing platform. eTranzact handles billions of dollars yearly, supporting millions of forward thinking businesses and individuals who trust that their financial transactions would be taken care of by eTranzact daily.
See More
Gold Award from the Computer World Honors Awards, Silicon Valley, USA, 2003
Cashless Driver: Mobile Money Operator of the Year (2018) by CBN & NIBSS
Best Corporate Turnaround and Transformation Award (2019)

https://www.etranzact.com/

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 7:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:

ICT

Computer Warehouse group PLC own by Austin Okere

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2020
Salewa97:

50-a220s.html

ZINOX Technologies

An indegenious IT powerhouse with Global connections, Zinox is proud to be the first internationally certified branded computer OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) in West Africa, the first OEM in West Africa to receive the WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification and the first computer hardware manufacturing and ICT integration company in Nigeria to receive the ISO 9001-2000.

https://www.zinoxtechnologies.com/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Zinox products

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by U1(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2020
, I have only one question for you: I hope you have made something out of your own life already, huh?
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by GuyWise101(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2020
U1:
, I have only one question for you: I hope you have made something out of your own life already, huh?
The guy is a big guy in real life (go and check his wedding pics on NL).

I really commend his effort in show-casing Igboland and her wealth even though he's not being paid for it......

Chukwu gozie gi .

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2020
U1:
Typical Igbo blood, no blood mix from lazy tribes

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Obamaofusa: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2020
post=91596208:

Typical Igbo blood, no body mix from lazy tribes

Where is ESIALA?
Where is ESIALA?

Igbos have ruined it with laziness and bad business culture.

ODUA GROUP still on and counting stronger..

IGBOS AND WEAK BUSINESS ACUMEN.

The Igbos had a regional business entity too and it was called ESIALA but it is long dead because they are not as gifted and business savvy as the Yorubas.
Only God knows why they are dragging business with Yorubas,their benefactors.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202006170468.html

Nigeria: Undying Legacy of Odua Company Limited

17 June 2020
This Day (Lagos)
By Eric Teniola
The South-west governors have reconstituted the board of directors of Odua Company Limited.

The new board is headed by Dr. Lawrence Olusegun Aina (65), past President of West Africa Bankers Association and former President of Otan-Ayegbaju Development Association in Osun state.

Other members of the new board are Chief Segun Ojo, a former Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning in Ondo State; Dr. Tola Kasali who served as Commissioner for Rural Development in Lagos State between 2003 and 2007; Seni Adio, the Managing Partner of Copley Partners (Solicitors & Barristers; Mr. Olusegun Olujobi who is ex-Accenture and Energy Industry player and Otunba Bimbo Ashiru, a renowned banker and immediate past Commissioner for Commerce and Industry in Ogun state.

The Group Managing Director of the Company is Mr. Adewale Abiodun Raji, a former Managing Director of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc., who was recently reappointed for another term. The inauguration of the new board is a welcome development, for Odua Investment Company is one of the three regional groupings in the country.

The other two bodies are the Interim Common Services Agency for Northern Region and Eastern States Interim Assets and Liabilities Agency (ESIALA), which we don't hear of, these days.

Profitability was achieved by Odua Company between 2014 and 2018, an unprecedented dividend of N1.2 billion was paid.

The fulcrum of credible strategic partnership is gradually taking shape with the recent strides in the Imeko Tomato to Paste Project and the Westlink Iconic Estate JV at Alakia, Ibadan. These and many more like the Power Generation Project at Ikeja, The Farming Company Limited JV at Oke-Ako Ekiti, the Vitalo Brand Project are initiatives that are unfolding to grow the revenue base of the Company.

The Odua Investment Company is an offshoot of an Economic body of the Action Group, which came to power in 1952 in Western Region.

The Action group (Egbe Afenifere) led by Chief Obafemi Awolowo was formed on March 21, 1951 at the Oke-Bola residence of Chief Awolowo in Ibadan. The house still stands today.

I remember with nostalgia when I was a reporter in the Nigerian Tribune in 1972, I used to collect stories on phone in that house on the Oniru land case dispatched by the Nigerian Tribune correspondent in Lagos, Mr Bayo Osiyemi. It was that time I met Chief Awolowo for the first time in my life.

I almost fainted seeing the man bearing in mind the myth I grew up with about Chief Awolowo in my home town in Idanre in Ondo state. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, its leader later stated that the party had been formed by himself and seven others at a meeting in his house in Ibadan on March 26, 1950.

The seven others who formed Action Group with Chief Awolowo were Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (1920-1964), then manager, UAC (Technical) Ltd, Lagos, later Managing Director of the Amalgamated Press of Nigeria Limited and Federal Publicity Secretary of the Action Group; Chief Abiodun Akerele, a lawyer; S.T. Oredein, Secretary of the British-American Tobacco Company (BATC) Workers' Union, later Principal organizing Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; Olatunji Dosunmu, a journalist, later Administrative Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; J. Ola Adigun, a journalist; Adeniga Akinsanya, Manager of the African Press Ltd, Ibadan and Ayo Akinsanya, a chemist and a druggist.

At the convention of the party later, the following were elected--Chief Obafemi Awolowo (President), Dr. J.A. Doherty (Vice-President, West), Dr. E.O. Awduche (Vice-President, East), Alhaji Sule Maito (Vice-President, North), Mr. Ayotunde Rosiji (Federal Secretary), Alhaji S. O. Gbadamosi (Federal Treasurer), Mr. S.O. Shonibare (Federal Publicity Secretary), Mr. A.M.O. Akinloye (Legal Adviser, West), Mr. A. Adeoba (Legal Adviser, East), Rev. E.O. Alayande (Party Chaplain), Malam M.S. Yabagi (Party Imam), Dr. Akinola Maja (Father of the Party), Chief S.L. Akintola (Deputy Leader), Mr. S.T. Oredein (Principal Organising Secretary), Mr. O. Agunbiade- Bamishe (Party Manager) and Mr. Olatunji Dosunmu (Administrative Secretary).

The other members of the party at the convention were Chief F.R.A. Williams, Chief Anthony Enahoro, Chief T. A. Odutola, Chief G. Akin Deko, Mr. M.A. Ajasin, Prince Adeleke Adedoyin, Chief S.A. Tinubu, Mr. S.O. Ighodaro, Mr. Nduka Eze, Mr.O.N. Rewane, Mr. E.O. Eyo, Mr. S.G. Ikoku, Prince R.N. Takon, Mr. A.J.U. Ekong, Mr. S.J. Una, Mr. Okoi Arikpo, Mr. J.A. Agba, Chief Okim Okwa Ahang, Mr. George Lawson, Miss R.T. Brown, Mr. B.E. Mbalu, Mr. J.S. Olawoyin, Chief D.O. Sanyaolu, Mr. D. Adesina, Mr. M.O. Ikongbe, Mr. O.Olu Pinnock, Mr.J.S. Tejuoso, Mr. G.B. Olowu, Alfa K.S. Oba, Mr. D.O. Ogunmade, Mr. Omoniyi Olanipekun, Mr. Peter Onu and Mr. Alex Peters.

The party held its first inauguration in Owo in the present Ondo state on 28 April, 1952 and they were hosted by the legendary Olowo of Owo, Sir James Titus Olateru Olagbegi II (1910-1998).

In setting up the Action Group, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, had two broad objectives in mind, one was political, and the other was economical.

Awolowo believed at that time that political party funding are the methods that a political party uses to raise money for campaign and routine activities.

As for the political, he enlisted Chief Akintola, Chief Enahoro and others. That political arrangement broke down later.

As for the economic, he enlisted Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (19201-1964), Chief Sule Oyesola Gbadamosi from Ikorodu and Chief Alfred Ogbeyiwa Erewarone Rewane (1916-1995) alias Osabokolo from Warri, who later became Chairman Western Nigeria Development Company.

In terms of managing business, Shonibare, Rewane and Gbadamosi were gifted. They were capable of turning anything to an asset.

It was the same scenario that played out in South Africa in 1994 when President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (1918-2013) encouraged the then Vice President Thambo Mvuyelwa Mbeki (77) to be in charge of government while the present President of South Africa, Mr. Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa (67), then secretary of the National Union of Mine Workers to be in charge of the businesses for the African National Congress.

The arrangement worked then in that it reduced rivalry. It paid off for Ramaphosa who has an estimated net worth of $450million as of 2018, with 31poperties and previously-held notable ownership in companies such as McDonald's South Africa, chair of the board for MTN and member of the board for Lomnin

Shonibare and his group established the National Investment Company along with Chief Rewane and Chief Gbadamosi. It was this company that built the Western House in Lagos, Cocoa house in Ibadan and Bristol hotel in Lagos.

It was the same company that built most of the companies that are under Odua Investment Company today. It was this group that was behind the Western Region partnership in the establishment of worldwide redifusion in Ibadan, Nigerian Plastic Company (1954), Ibadan, Nidogas, Lagos, Nigersol Construction Company (1959), Nigerian Water Resources Development Company (1959), Ibadan, Nigerian Pre-Pressed and Concrete Company, Abeokuta, Crittal Hope Nigerian Ltd., Mushin, Vono (West Africa) Mushin, Tower Aluminium Ltd Ikeja, Asbestos Cement, Ikeja, Nigerian Sugar Company, Apapa, Nigerian Mosaic and Glass Manufacturing Company, Ikeja, Pioneer Biscuit Company, Apapa, West African Portland Company, Ewekoro, Nigerian Textile Mills Ltd., Ikeja.

Odua Investment Company was formally established in 1976 when Ondo and Ogun states were created out of Western state. The company was to take charge of the assets and liabilities of the whole Western Region. As a reporter with The Nigerian Herald at that time, I covered the inauguration of the new company at Cocoa house in Ibadan.

The pioneer Group Managing Director of the Company then was Mr. Christopher Sunday Olatunji Akande. Mr. Akande (1927-2005) from Arigidi, Akoko in Ondo state.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2020
[s]
Obamaofusa:

Where is ESIALA?
Where is ESIALA?

Igbos have ruined it with laziness and bad business culture.

ODUA GROUP still on and counting stronger..

IGBOS AND WEAK BUSINESS ACUMEN.

The Igbos had a regional business entity too and it was called ESIALA but it is long dead because they are not as gifted and business savvy as the Yorubas.
Only God knows why they are dragging business with Yorubas,their benefactors.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202006170468.html

Nigeria: Undying Legacy of Odua Company Limited

17 June 2020
This Day (Lagos)
By Eric Teniola
The South-west governors have reconstituted the board of directors of Odua Company Limited.

The new board is headed by Dr. Lawrence Olusegun Aina (65), past President of West Africa Bankers Association and former President of Otan-Ayegbaju Development Association in Osun state.

Other members of the new board are Chief Segun Ojo, a former Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning in Ondo State; Dr. Tola Kasali who served as Commissioner for Rural Development in Lagos State between 2003 and 2007; Seni Adio, the Managing Partner of Copley Partners (Solicitors & Barristers; Mr. Olusegun Olujobi who is ex-Accenture and Energy Industry player and Otunba Bimbo Ashiru, a renowned banker and immediate past Commissioner for Commerce and Industry in Ogun state.

The Group Managing Director of the Company is Mr. Adewale Abiodun Raji, a former Managing Director of PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc., who was recently reappointed for another term. The inauguration of the new board is a welcome development, for Odua Investment Company is one of the three regional groupings in the country.

The other two bodies are the Interim Common Services Agency for Northern Region and Eastern States Interim Assets and Liabilities Agency (ESIALA), which we don't hear of, these days.

Profitability was achieved by Odua Company between 2014 and 2018, an unprecedented dividend of N1.2 billion was paid.

The fulcrum of credible strategic partnership is gradually taking shape with the recent strides in the Imeko Tomato to Paste Project and the Westlink Iconic Estate JV at Alakia, Ibadan. These and many more like the Power Generation Project at Ikeja, The Farming Company Limited JV at Oke-Ako Ekiti, the Vitalo Brand Project are initiatives that are unfolding to grow the revenue base of the Company.

The Odua Investment Company is an offshoot of an Economic body of the Action Group, which came to power in 1952 in Western Region.

The Action group (Egbe Afenifere) led by Chief Obafemi Awolowo was formed on March 21, 1951 at the Oke-Bola residence of Chief Awolowo in Ibadan. The house still stands today.

I remember with nostalgia when I was a reporter in the Nigerian Tribune in 1972, I used to collect stories on phone in that house on the Oniru land case dispatched by the Nigerian Tribune correspondent in Lagos, Mr Bayo Osiyemi. It was that time I met Chief Awolowo for the first time in my life.

I almost fainted seeing the man bearing in mind the myth I grew up with about Chief Awolowo in my home town in Idanre in Ondo state. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, its leader later stated that the party had been formed by himself and seven others at a meeting in his house in Ibadan on March 26, 1950.

The seven others who formed Action Group with Chief Awolowo were Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (1920-1964), then manager, UAC (Technical) Ltd, Lagos, later Managing Director of the Amalgamated Press of Nigeria Limited and Federal Publicity Secretary of the Action Group; Chief Abiodun Akerele, a lawyer; S.T. Oredein, Secretary of the British-American Tobacco Company (BATC) Workers' Union, later Principal organizing Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; Olatunji Dosunmu, a journalist, later Administrative Secretary of the Action Group in the Western Region; J. Ola Adigun, a journalist; Adeniga Akinsanya, Manager of the African Press Ltd, Ibadan and Ayo Akinsanya, a chemist and a druggist.

At the convention of the party later, the following were elected--Chief Obafemi Awolowo (President), Dr. J.A. Doherty (Vice-President, West), Dr. E.O. Awduche (Vice-President, East), Alhaji Sule Maito (Vice-President, North), Mr. Ayotunde Rosiji (Federal Secretary), Alhaji S. O. Gbadamosi (Federal Treasurer), Mr. S.O. Shonibare (Federal Publicity Secretary), Mr. A.M.O. Akinloye (Legal Adviser, West), Mr. A. Adeoba (Legal Adviser, East), Rev. E.O. Alayande (Party Chaplain), Malam M.S. Yabagi (Party Imam), Dr. Akinola Maja (Father of the Party), Chief S.L. Akintola (Deputy Leader), Mr. S.T. Oredein (Principal Organising Secretary), Mr. O. Agunbiade- Bamishe (Party Manager) and Mr. Olatunji Dosunmu (Administrative Secretary).

The other members of the party at the convention were Chief F.R.A. Williams, Chief Anthony Enahoro, Chief T. A. Odutola, Chief G. Akin Deko, Mr. M.A. Ajasin, Prince Adeleke Adedoyin, Chief S.A. Tinubu, Mr. S.O. Ighodaro, Mr. Nduka Eze, Mr.O.N. Rewane, Mr. E.O. Eyo, Mr. S.G. Ikoku, Prince R.N. Takon, Mr. A.J.U. Ekong, Mr. S.J. Una, Mr. Okoi Arikpo, Mr. J.A. Agba, Chief Okim Okwa Ahang, Mr. George Lawson, Miss R.T. Brown, Mr. B.E. Mbalu, Mr. J.S. Olawoyin, Chief D.O. Sanyaolu, Mr. D. Adesina, Mr. M.O. Ikongbe, Mr. O.Olu Pinnock, Mr.J.S. Tejuoso, Mr. G.B. Olowu, Alfa K.S. Oba, Mr. D.O. Ogunmade, Mr. Omoniyi Olanipekun, Mr. Peter Onu and Mr. Alex Peters.

The party held its first inauguration in Owo in the present Ondo state on 28 April, 1952 and they were hosted by the legendary Olowo of Owo, Sir James Titus Olateru Olagbegi II (1910-1998).

In setting up the Action Group, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, had two broad objectives in mind, one was political, and the other was economical.

Awolowo believed at that time that political party funding are the methods that a political party uses to raise money for campaign and routine activities.

As for the political, he enlisted Chief Akintola, Chief Enahoro and others. That political arrangement broke down later.

As for the economic, he enlisted Chief Samuel Olatunbosun Shonibare (19201-1964), Chief Sule Oyesola Gbadamosi from Ikorodu and Chief Alfred Ogbeyiwa Erewarone Rewane (1916-1995) alias Osabokolo from Warri, who later became Chairman Western Nigeria Development Company.

In terms of managing business, Shonibare, Rewane and Gbadamosi were gifted. They were capable of turning anything to an asset.

It was the same scenario that played out in South Africa in 1994 when President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (1918-2013) encouraged the then Vice President Thambo Mvuyelwa Mbeki (77) to be in charge of government while the present President of South Africa, Mr. Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa (67), then secretary of the National Union of Mine Workers to be in charge of the businesses for the African National Congress.

The arrangement worked then in that it reduced rivalry. It paid off for Ramaphosa who has an estimated net worth of $450million as of 2018, with 31poperties and previously-held notable ownership in companies such as McDonald's South Africa, chair of the board for MTN and member of the board for Lomnin

Shonibare and his group established the National Investment Company along with Chief Rewane and Chief Gbadamosi. It was this company that built the Western House in Lagos, Cocoa house in Ibadan and Bristol hotel in Lagos.

It was the same company that built most of the companies that are under Odua Investment Company today. It was this group that was behind the Western Region partnership in the establishment of worldwide redifusion in Ibadan, Nigerian Plastic Company (1954), Ibadan, Nidogas, Lagos, Nigersol Construction Company (1959), Nigerian Water Resources Development Company (1959), Ibadan, Nigerian Pre-Pressed and Concrete Company, Abeokuta, Crittal Hope Nigerian Ltd., Mushin, Vono (West Africa) Mushin, Tower Aluminium Ltd Ikeja, Asbestos Cement, Ikeja, Nigerian Sugar Company, Apapa, Nigerian Mosaic and Glass Manufacturing Company, Ikeja, Pioneer Biscuit Company, Apapa, West African Portland Company, Ewekoro, Nigerian Textile Mills Ltd., Ikeja.

Odua Investment Company was formally established in 1976 when Ondo and Ogun states were created out of Western state. The company was to take charge of the assets and liabilities of the whole Western Region. As a reporter with The Nigerian Herald at that time, I covered the inauguration of the new company at Cocoa house in Ibadan.

The pioneer Group Managing Director of the Company then was Mr. Christopher Sunday Olatunji Akande. Mr. Akande (1927-2005) from Arigidi, Akoko in Ondo state.
[/s]

I didn't bother reading the rubbish, you guys are only good at writing rubbish

Igbos are not gifted in business and they dominate you in your region grin grin
Leading Your tribe in all sectors
Banking, indigenous companies, transportation, ICT, Commerce and trade, Movies industry, Sports etc

Also Engineering firms.

EPC, dredging companies, oil exploration and services, Fabrication yards

Oilserv is Nigeria leading engineering and procurement company, followed by Nestoil,

Top dredging company
B&Q

Top indigenous Fabrication firms
ETW
Kaztec

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Obamaofusa: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2020
post=91598355:
[s][/s]

Banking, indigenous companies, transportation, ICT, Commerce and trade, Movies industry, Sports etc

Also Engineering firms.

Oilserv is Nigeria leading engineering and procurement company, followed by Nestoil,

Top dredging company
B&Q

ETW
Kaztec

lol
Mouth action.

Where is ESIALA?

You have ruined it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Ritchiee: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2020
post=91598355:
[s][/s]

Also Engineering firms.

Top dredging company
B&Q

ETW
Kaztec

I just hope they are not 'PRESENTATION COMPANIES' like ESIALA.
Today you present them,tomorrow they have been ruined by Igbos bad business culture.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Mrbigman1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
hammer3:

Nwanne, u have the vision too.

I think Anambra has gas field around Onitsha.

That will go a long way to stabilise the power issue and make it an attractive site for industries that need gas or River.

Also, we could generate more power from the River Niger.

Citystate is a very good idea, if we can get collective funding from all 5 SouthEast State to develop it.

Certain quarters will benefit from our combined effort and resources, to substitute for the absence of the Federal Government.

U see places like Onitsha are great without Federal funding as we see in Abuja and Lagos.

Just a little of such funding, if they show u Onitsha, u won't believe your eyes.

You know one thing about development, somethings has to go down or give way for other things to come back into play. This aspect may attract a lot of hatred and fight back from ppl. The best bet we can have is city planning now moving to suburbs to hold to ransom those flowing development plans, mapping out new cities around like what Obiano is doing In awka. It’s not difficult to do, it only takes a willing and incorruptible mind to do all these in few years, at least set it in motion, me sef go invest. Infact i don Dey buy properties already for Igbariam hopping for the future.

I recently wrote a short article and in it is the *Igbo dream* the Anambra dream can be pinched out from that and we don’t need look around for ideas any longer.

Infact, I May create a threat to this and call on all intellectual from all works of life to come invest in dia ideas in these dream.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by knowledgeable: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Were Igbos more merchants than the Yorubas and the Hausas then? No,of course.What really helped the Igbos in becoming traders this much was the war.They all clinged to the civil service which Nnamdi Azikiwe made sure was dominated by the Igbos.The Yorubas who were in opposition, were totally marginalized.

I was thinking you were going to address the infrastructure angle, and how the monopolistic policies of successive federal governments in the past ( of course powered by Yoruba political/economic conspiracy with the North against Igbos/ other Southerners) have seen concentration of these critical infrastructures in the SW. Over population/congestion have today become a serious issue.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by hammer3: 7:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
post=91593969:

Hotels this is another area you guys didn't come close to Igbos, even in Abuja, PH , Lagos and other cities

Nna, u are too much.

Let me appreciate you for keeping us updated.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Salewa97:

[
Igbos control transportation sector both land and air, not just owing leading airline, Igbo guys owned more than five air services and logistics, below is another two own by Igbo guys, you can use your Google grin

Baywood Ibe is the owner of TROPICAL ARCTIC LOGISTICS HELICOPTER SERVICES,
http://tropicalarcticlogisticsltd.com/

OAS LOGISTICS HELICOPTER SERVICES is owned by odengene,Evaristus Nnaji

https://www.oas-helicopters.com/about-us.php

Global infrastructure services manage assets for investors,they manage investments of shareholders,they don't actually own the billions, they manage other people's funds and share in the profit, go and read about them and stop exposing your ignorant

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Decibel: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
fx45:
Amarachi kedu? You know once in a while you dey act somehow... Especially if you hear IPOB
Where have you been?
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by fx45(m): 2:50am On Jul 13, 2020
Decibel:

Where have you been?
I've been here... Mostly watching from the sidelines
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Decibel: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2020
fx45:
I've been here... Mostly watching from the sidelines
Ok
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by delawal: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2020
these descendants of oduduwa should carry their hatred and go,open their own thread not invading anoda mans thread
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by ariesbull: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2022
yes in skullership and skulling
Aphrygian:

I don't like been engrossed in all these tribal fights on nairaland cos I no most Eastern States and I no they can never measure up to southwestern states but seeing Igbos here always waging E-wars on yorubas I decided not to watch by the sideline again because if we don't refute this pple they will rewrite our history.
To yorubas on social media pls always refute this idiots whenever and wherever they make bogus claims because it's like a calculated E-war is going on against yorubas

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CAC Delists 44,000 Companies / Primera MFB Closes From 20th Of February To 1st Of March For Election / What Is Your Business Plan For 2013?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.