Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) (12845 Views)

Hardwork And Resilience: The Quadri Olatunji’s Story / Freelancing For Nigerians. Turn Your Skills To Mega Cashout. / Dangote Inaugurates Mega Cement Warehouse In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by sesan85(m): 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
post=91570900:

I feel your pain, how much do they share to Ogun indigenes every month from the IGR grin ? With the IGR Ogun state is still backward, please list mega projects he is doing with the huge IGR you guys claimed? Igbos still dominates you in your region grin

Stop crying, Uche Okoye. Ogun State's IGR is bigger than the IGR of the entire potopoto hellhole, end of.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Dedetwo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

You're trying so hard to sound smart right grin
Have you seen the debt profile of countries like the US undecided...I guess the SE is better than them.

Economic 101, bro. Are you intellectually in order? The issue is IGR of the state in Nigeria not the country such as USA. You can bring in the states in USA. By the way, what does Ogun state produce from farm land to grocery? If you ever know your stuff, which country does USA borrow its money? A fool can easily list two countries where Nigeria borrow fund.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ekwutox:

You want to spread all across the middle belt but not in the East.

Most of all these big stores are either in Lagos or Abuja. Las las you'll are adding to the development of other regions.
Roban dominate in Awka, Enugu and Abakaliki, Market Square have their branch in Umuahia, Enugu, Everyday Emporium have two branches in Owerri, Exclusive stores also have branch in Owerri, Genesis is in Owerri and Enugu.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by IgboPikin: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Chest beating AVENUE.
Fulani cow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by mightyhazell: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
GuyWise101:

With each Emporium hosting over 40m naira worth of goods...

Nwanne ego onye a akarila ihe ndi amusu na atata cheesy
40m??

how much goods dey ordinary everyday shop u see at ochanja market.. u didn't even say 400 to 500m

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
post=91575290:

Roban dominate in Awka, Enugu and Abakaliki, Market Square have their branch in Umuahia, Enugu, Everyday Emporium have two branches in Owerri, Exclusive stores also have branch in Owerri, Genesis is in Owerri and Enugu.
market square is also present in aba

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Ibadanpikin: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
sesan85:

Stop crying, Uche Okoye. Ogun State's IGR is bigger than the IGR of the entire potopoto hellhole, end of.
Apart from investing in large skull mining industries,what else has Ogun IGR contributed in Ogun state development.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Rahkman: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Me I no go lie ibo ppl sabi buisness sha

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by nku5: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
post=91569486:
Those around Lekki Ajah early 2008 to 2009 will remember how Blenco started from his small 2×2 shop before Ajah market, then opened in Ado, today Blenco has built mega stores in Ado, Sangotedo, Egbeda all in Lagos

https://blenco.com.ng/

Even when Blenco was still in that small shop on the opposite side of that road, the shop still had that excellent service. It was like being in a 2 X 2 but with shoprite experience

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Rahkman: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
obiekunie2:

I remember those topics very clearly.

Ndi ofe where so happy and gloating on ndi igbo - they claim that omoibo will soon be out of business bc no one will leave shoprite to go patronize omo ibo in his 2x2 shops.

i just smiled then and shake my head - i was like for many years of sharing one useless country with these lazy people they still never learn the simple fact of never to underrate an igbo man.

nwanne pls while u r mentioning super-stores pls dont forget the fact that 50% of super-stores and 50% of mega hotels in Abuja and environs are wholly owned by ndi igbo.

Exclusive stores
Banex Plaza
bakangizo
jabi lake mall and many others

hotels like rockview.

and mine is coming up real soon - to spread it across the middle belt. almost at the final stage.

underrate an igbo man at your own risk.

how is it an ibo man that own jabi lake mall I no gree
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by proeast(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
hammer3:

If we remodel onitsha well and make it properly planned, to be honest, people from Africa will come to buy market in Onitsha.

Onitsha easily is the greatest commercial City in Africa.

I have so much idea of wat to do with it.

The place is a goldmine and money-spinner.

Could even net more money than Oil and Gas for the state government.

I have said this same thing severally. I even created a thread on it, though my focus was on Ariaria. How can we be waiting on the federal government for allocation like other lazy states when we have all it takes to develop our region to world class status?! Onitsha market used to be so huge and popular before the Biafran war to the extent that buyers were coming from outside Nigeria to buy goods there.

Today, Onitsha main market and Ariaria are still operating the same way they did decades ago. There was nothing like Dubai when Onitsha main market and Ariaria were already generating billions in turnover, but today, Dubai has become one of the most advanced places in the world, and they didn't achieve that with crude oil proceeds but through trading!

If only we can generate 10% of the volume Dubai trades in Aba and Onitsha, these states will be the richest in Nigeria, and it is very possible!

Ariaria already has a pipeline built by shell that supplies gas to the area. Now, building a massive malls that can contain up to 50,000 affordable shops with central cooling system is easy. These two markets are hugely bankable and investors will fall over themselves to be involved in developing them to world class status. Nigeria is located in a central area in Africa, and it can easily become a regional trading centre that will cater for the whole of Africa, a market of over 1 billion people!

Once these markets become standardized, investors from China, EU, India and America will definitely flood because corporate brands only like identifying with sectors that are developed. These people won't like to open showrooms in Onitsha main market or Ariaria simply because of how dilapidated they are, but once these massive malls are built, you will see them opening their centers here and multiplier effect can only be imagined.

We are sitting on gold mine without knowing it.
Here is the link to the thread I created based on this issue https://www.nairaland.com/5962198/why-abia-state-government-must

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Sofistcatdmoron: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Chest beating AVENUE.
Envy and jealous street

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ibadanpikin:
You are just an educated illiterate,so u mean south africans,lebanese,indians,chinese etc all leave their developed countries to Nigeria,a third world country to build industries and companies.Do u mean the are mad for doing so.Igbo's see's yorubas and others as lazy sleeping owls,so the move to their areas to help and assist them.So u and ur people should be grateful to the igbos.
You mean foreigners mostly working as expatriates or those who fled war undecided
Moreover,we know their lands are more developed,meanwhile the SE trails behind the SW in whatever indexes of development you can think of.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Guestlander: 3:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
GuyWise101:
Igbo are genius in business (no intention of bragging) and will always excel.

A boy from one village will be called to learn trade in Aba or Onitsha (Igba boyi) remember this boy came with nothing but his clothes, but after settling him, six years the boy will become a millionaire (It is never money ritual but patience).

One Wasiyu and Nwokeoma was given the same amount of money to start business in 2013, Nwokeoma invested his money in business and started getting #10000 profit every 3days while Wasiyu used his and do Owambe and carry girls, Now Nwokeoma is riding lexus350 while Wasiyu is walking on foot looking for menial work to do.

Delusions of grandeur. You will think they invented retail. The easiest business to start in the world.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Salewa97: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
LOL. So what is the meaning of this?

So you are chestbeating with supermarkets when there are several Yoruba supermarkets and medical stores scattered around the country.

What about Tantalizer’s and Chicken republic alone that are Yoruba made in several states across Nigeria?

There are countless supermarkets and mall scattered around Ibadan alone such that I’ve lost count.

Nawa o!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by proeast(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
Is that why the IGR of Ogun State alone is more than the entire SE.
Is that why you're the poverty capital after the core North?

You are really are really living up to your name. Which Ogun IGR are you talking about? Ota and Agbara industrial estates that is making you guys to gloat are suburbs of Lagos. Lagos is filled up so they had to build those estates in those places to cater for Lagos. Ogun is living off Lagos yet there is nothing on ground to show for it. The biggest town in Ogun is Abeokuta, now how many industries are there?

Yeye Kale is only decieving you guys with fake statistics. Your propaganda no longer sells, we are here to make sure that nobody is decieved again.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Guestlander: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Salewa97:
LOL. So what is the meaning of this?

So you are chestbeating with supermarkets when there are several Yoruba supermarkets and medical stores scattered around the country.

What about Tantalizer’s and Chicken republic alone that are Yoruba made in several states across Nigeria?

There are countless supermarkets and mall scattered around Ibadan alone such that I’ve lost count.

Nawa o!

Even in America self.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dedetwo:

Economic 101, bro. Are you intellectually in order? The issue is IGR of the state in Nigeria not the country such as USA. You can bring in the states in USA. By the way, what does Ogun state produce from farm land to grocery? If you ever know your stuff, which country does USA borrow its money? A fool can easily list two countries where Nigeria borrow fund.
Your first five lines...you're so much not making sense that I don't even get whatever logic you're getting at.
Anyways,USA owes trillions of dollars to other countries.
Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
proeast:

[s]
You are really are really living up to your name. Which Ogun IGR are you talking about? Ota and Agbara industrial estates that is making you guys to gloat are suburbs of Lagos. Lagos is filled up so they had to build those estates in those places to cater for Lagos. Ogun is living off Lagos yet there is nothing on ground to show for it. The biggest town in Ogun is Abeokuta, now how many industries are there?

Yeye Kale is only decieving you guys with fake statistics. Your propaganda no longer sells, we are here to make sure that nobody is decieved again.[/s]
Of course the statistics is always fake. There is a conspiracy to keep creating fake statistics to make the SE look badder than it already is grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Salewa97: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Guestlander:

Even in America self.

Below is Ventura mall owned By Ogunniyi Otunla in Ibadan.

They even have big Game arcades inside it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by proeast(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

You mean foreigners mostly working as expatriates or those who fled war undecided
Moreover,we know their lands are more developed,meanwhile the SE trails behind the SW in whatever indexes of development you can think of.

My friend, when will you guys stop hiding under Lagos to claim being developed? Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria for donkey years, it still remains Nigeria's dominant city because the federal government is not sensible enough to decentralize key infrastructures and amenities.

Pause for a moment and imagine that there is no Lagos, do you know that SW would have been worse than NE?!

Your new hype is Ogun just because industries are being built in the suburbs of Agbara and Ota to cater for Lagos. Was these your own making? Can't you all survive without Lagos?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Salewa97: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Below is another one in Ibadan called Heritage mall owned by Oodua group.

I don’t think anybody shout about all these things like the village people from the other side.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by proeast(m): 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Salewa97:
[s]LOL. So what is the meaning of this?

Nawa o! [/s]

We are talking malls and you just jumped in to start listing fast foods. Really, what the hell is tantalizers and chicken republic?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Salewa97: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
proeast:

We are talking malls and you just jumped in to start listing fast foods. Really, what the hell is tantalizers and chicken republic?

If you put on your glasses, you will see the mega malls I’ve posted!

You’re even showing Poultries lol. Have you heard of Avians poultry in Ibadan?

Infact when taking of poultries in Nigeria, the SW has the largest output and data is there to support the assertions.

You village kids will just be here to showcase any small thing in your land that people have been doing since 1900.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Ibadanpikin: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

See Olodo,brown roof,mud houses,eating rats,1 million touts,stealing 50 naira bread,fighting over food in a burial,crying over igbo dominance at ladipo and having large skull mining industries all this are not developement.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
Salewa97:

Below is Ventura mall owned By Ogunniyi Otunla in Ibadan.

They even have big Game arcades inside it.
FilmHouse son of Ukpabi Asika from Onitsha, while Genesis is from Nnewi, I was expecting Yorubas to ocupy the Plaza, there are thousands of plazas own by Igbos across Nigeria, however my topic is retail stores not fast food restaurants or Pharmaceuticals stores, Which Igbos also dominate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by RTSC: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
solmus:

Typical of a village chestbeater

Forbes billionaire are poor, chestbeating villagers are rich

I think the civil war really impacted igbo opportunity to have Forbes billionaires until now.
They started from scratch.

If igbos had continued to dominate the way they did in 60s without that civil war, they would have dominated Forbes list from Nigeria.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by solmus: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
RTSC:

I think the civil war really impacted igbo opportunity to have Forbes billionaires until now.

If igbos had continued to dominate the way they did in 60s without that civil war, they would have dominated Forbes list from Nigeria.

Typical victim mentality

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
proeast:
[s]

My friend, when will you guys stop hiding under Lagos to claim being developed? Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria for donkey years, it still remains Nigeria's dominant city because the federal government is not sensible enough to decentralize key infrastructures and amenities.

Pause for a moment and imagine that there is no Lagos, do you know that SW would have been worse than NE?!

Your new hype is Ogun just because industries are being built in the suburbs of Agbara and Ota to cater for Lagos. Was these your own making? Can't you all survive without Lagos?[/s]
Wait oo...what is your poverty level again undecided . Only compare yourselves with the North.
Lagos has always been ahead even before it was the capital and it wasn't the only capital by the way.
I only used Ogun State as a case example; it isn't even second position when it comes to GDP in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Salewa97: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
proeast:

Lol. Have you heard of Piesianas Group owner by Tayo Amusan?

They own the following asset:
—The palms Lagos
—Palms Lekki
—Palms polo park, Enugu
—Palms Ilorin
—Palms Ibadan.

The below is their Ibadan Mall.

Yorubas don’t even care about all that coz it’s a normal thing to us. Na you guys Dey shout over simple things like this.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
RTSC:

Forbes isn't a parameter to measure wealth, it's not compulsory to appear on Forbes when you arrive, especially African Forbes listing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CAC Delists 44,000 Companies / Primera MFB Closes From 20th Of February To 1st Of March For Election / Access Bank Treats Customers This Summer With Xclusiveplus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.