Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi (1262 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Will Be Dethroned – Lagos Prince Makes Revelations [Video] / Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans / Awori Youths Blast Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by Frankdaz9: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2020
I will vehemently oppose any cynical ploy by yeroba's to annex Lagos. Lagos as we all know belongs to minority tribe called Awori.
In many previous instances, prominent Awori indigenes lambasting yeroba and Bini's over Lagos ownership, hence very laughable when group of Yoruba who migrated from Ibadan, osun and Ogun to Lagos, issue threat to other ethnic occupant of Eko to leave. The raw truth is that yeroba are migrants in Lagos likewise others.

Lagos belongs to Awori's, not yeroba's or Bini's-price adebiyi

https://thecitizenng.com/lagos-belongs-to-awori-not-bini-or-yoruba-prince-adebiyi/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by raker300: 10:15am On Jul 10, 2020
We already know.

I was shocked when a white girl told me a Yoruba told her they fought alongside the igbos for Biafra.

These guys love rewriting history to suit their egomaniacal narrative!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by GboyegaD(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2020
Everyone is a migrant na. After, man was formed in Eden.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by StreetFight: 10:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Yes, and the Aworis are Igbos and Kanuris. This idiot must be mad.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by IamWonderful: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2020
Haaaaaaaaaaa so Lagos is not no man's land again, see confusion in the camp of our enemies
Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by Yaribanzaonic: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
Why the insult? Is the guy not a Yaribaaa chap that is actually letting your ewedu skull know your history??

StreetFight:
Yes, and the Aworis are Igbos and Kanuris. This idiot must be mad.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by Emilokoiyawon: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
Any1 who claims they own Lagos should come and collect it from Yoruba. What are you waiting for? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by gregyboy(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Benin are longtime migrants warriors in lagos and even gave it the name Eko the yorubas are the migrant not benin or awori, like the man from osun who had pressed the kneck of Lagosian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by AreaFada2: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2020
gregyboy:
Benin are longtime migrants warriors in lagos and even gave it the name Eko the yorubas are the migrant not benin or awori, unlike the man from osun who had pressed the kneck of Lagosian
Lol.
Whatever they say, Benin princes have been Lagos monarchs since about 500 years. Alongside Lagos high chiefs from Benin like Obanikoro, Eletu Odibo, etc.

That was exactly Benin colonial goal. To be the rulers over new lands. Not to disperse regular Benin citizens across the empire anyhow.
Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by gregyboy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Lol.
Whatever they say, Benin princes have been Lagos monarchs since about 500 years. Alongside Lagos high chiefs from Benin like Obanikoro, Eletu Odibo, etc.

That was exactly Benin colonial goal. To be the rulers over new lands. Not to disperse regular Benin citizens across the empire anyhow.

Yea, omo you senior me for nairaland ooh bros i remember when i newly signed on nairaland i never saw that retarded fellow called TAO11 untill two years later, i had always seen your comments and appreciated your commitment and zeal

We go soon many
Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by TAO11(f): 2:35am On Jul 15, 2020
The OP is high on toilet stench to have deludedly attempted to hijack Awori from its rightful Yoruba ethnic and liguistic group.

I am an Awori (of Lagos) myself, and contrary to the inconsequential ignorant propaganda of the high OP, Awori is not a tribe, but a sub-group of the Yoruba ethnic group -- just like any other Yoruba subgroup. I guess I am fortunate to be already living the unrealistic dreams of many Igbos and Binis. grin

Moreover, the following video shows Awori kings and leaders (from Lagos and Ogun States) paying their rightful homage at the cradle of the Yorubas (Ile-Ife) during the Olofin festival named after their ancestor who led their migration from Ife to Lagos and Ogun States:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-cG1nC8fM

Finally, to any Bini who is a die-hard Lagosian wanna-be, open up you thick skull and let the following sink in:

No paternally descended Bini ever ruled 'Lagos Island' at any time in the course of Lagos' history. The 'Lagos Island' monarchy goes back to Ashipa (an Awori prince, of Ife royal descent, from Isheri) and his son, Ado -- born to a Bini princess.

Moreover, the idea that the indigenous name of 'Lagos Island' (i.e. "Eko" ) originates from Edo language is a mere conjecture. No serious historian affirms it as a historical fact. Other equally valid etymologies hypothesized by historians includes the Yoruba words: "Oko" as well as "Ereko".

In fact, I have recently found that the etymology of the indigenous name of Lagos Island (i.e. "Eko" ) from a contraction of the Yoruba word "Ereko" is tenable, persuasive, and compelling as compared to the gravely flawed Edo hypothesis.

Cheers!

cc: StreetFight, IamWonderful, Emilokoiyawon, RuggedSniper

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by Emilokoiyawon: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
TAO11:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good job chairman Tao cheesy We will continue to expose their lies. No be today.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by NairaHercules(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Yoruba's Are Migrants In Lagos, The Awori's Own Lagos- Prince Adebiyi by Yomit71(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
just like saying Osun belong to Ijesha and not to Yoruba, what foolishness. Awori are Yoruba just the way we have
Ijesha
Igbomina
Okun
Oyo
Egba
Ijebu etc

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Kalabari People Always Looking Glamorous / Top 10 Richest Kings In Nigeria! Net Worth And Cars / Please Help Translate Igbo Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.