Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband (667 Views)

Nengi & Burna Boy Spark Dating Rumors After Allegedly Being Together (Video) / Adetutu: I Ran Out Of My Marriage After 2 Weeks / Chris Attoh Tweeted About His 'shaky' Marriage After His Wife Was Shot Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband by JoshuaOmoruyi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Tanzanian actress, Zena Yusuf Mohammed also known as Shilole has disclosed her decision to end her three-year-old marriage over domestic violence.

The actress took to her IG page to share photos of herself with a battered face as she opened up about her violence-riddled marriage.

She alleged that she had been a victim of domestic violence throughout her marriage to her husband, Uchebe whom she started dating in 2016.

In a quite lengthy and heartbreaking post, which she wrote in Swahili, the 32 year old actress also issued an apology for staying quiet about her issues while encouraging other women in violent or abusive marriages to speak out for help.

“I am writing this with a clear mind and conscience. First, I would like to apologise to my family. I am seeking your forgiveness because I assured you that my marriage was trouble-free, while in reality, it wasn’t peaceful.

I have been a victim of domestic violence and other evil acts I cannot speak about on this platform.

“I apologise because every time I heard my fellow women cry for justice after being assaulted by their spouses, I would urge them to voice out their grievances. When I heard that there was a woman from Kigamboni, who had been fatally battered and her body set alight by her husband, I was the first one to say: ‘she should have spoken out about her marital troubles’. I pretended that I was not one of the domestic abuse victims; I distanced myself from the group of women who were victims of domestic violence. Forgive me.

“[As an artist], I am a role model to many in the society; I represent women on many fronts. Today, I have decided to break my silence on my marital woes. My husband Ashrafu Sadiki, popularly known as Uchebe, has been battering me too much!

“And, after meting out violence on me, he never calls to show concern or know about my wellbeing. Other people, unknown to me, are the ones who usually nurse me in hospitals after being beaten up by my spouse. In my marriage, there are many other bad things that have been done to me, making my union lack the expected bliss.

“Making matters worse, I am a mother; a parent of children who look up to me as their mother and father. I won’t allow myself to be killed and leave my children motherless, not today!

“I loved Uchebe, I persevered to be with him despite his inadequacies; I gave him everything (my innocence, my wealth, and when he needed a woman to stand by him so that he could get on his feet — financially and socially — I was there for him). I did all that because I knew he and I were together in everything as husband and wife. Despite all that, my sacrifices did not stop him from battering me endlessly, disrespecting and betraying me.

https:///entertainment/celebrity-news/actress-shilole-ends-3-year-marriage-after-allegedly-being-assaulted-by-her-husband-photos/

Re: Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
THOU SHALL NOT DATE/MARRY MAD PEOPLE...and if you foolishly do, dont tempt the animal.

she deserves anything she got, since she decided to stay with this abuser instead of dumping his nyansh the 1st time he put hands on her.

1 Like

Re: Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband by Goldencheese(m): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
THOU SHALL NOT DATE/MARRY MAD PEOPLE...and if you foolishly do, dont tempt the animal.

she deserves anything she got, since she decided to stay with this abuser instead of dumping his nyansh the 1st time he put hands on her.

Wow. Your quote is both true but very, very hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Shilole Ends 3-year Marriage After Allegedly Being Assaulted By Her Husband by meobizy(f): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Eya. May she find happiness in life.

(1) (Reply)

Fans Shocked As Big Brother Reveals Specs Of Laycon / Wow! Igbo Amaka Check Out This Igbo Masquerade (akatakpa Enugu Ezike Ekposhi) / Lil Uzi Vert Exposes Sexy Fan For Kissing Him On The Mouth! A Sexy Goofy Clout C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.