Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? (943 Views)

How Good Is Mitsubishi Galant Es 2009 2.4l 4plug Tok For Bolt / What's The Difference Between The Engines 1.8L, 2.4L And 3.0L/3.5L? / How Much Is 2009 Toyota Camry Foreign Used? (2) (3) (4)

How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
pls I need more clarification. who had used or is using 2009 2.7 engine Toyota highlander? is the vehicle in any way underpowered. I had compared the weight 1800kg I don't think is much different from the picnic 05 and previa. Pls i want to buy the 2.7 engine type but am hearing is underpowered when is full passengers. let me understand what they meant by underpowered: is it that won't run fast or what?
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
am still hoping for answers pls
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by Readonee35L(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2020
kenob28:
pls I need more clarification. who had used or is using 2009 2.7 engine Toyota highlander? is the vehicle in any way underpowered. I had compared the weight 1800kg I don't think is much different from the picnic 05 and previa. Pls i want to buy the 2.7 engine type but am hearing is underpowered when is full passengers. let me understand what they meant by underpowered: is it that won't run fast or what?

I've used both
Avoid the 2.7L it's a little underpowered and not as durable as the V6
Go for the 3.5L V6
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 12:21am On Jul 11, 2020
Readonee35L:

I've used both
Go for the 3.5L V6
thanks for your advice bro. but I want to ask when is not carrying to full capacity is it still underpowered?
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by lanrexdo(m): 12:26am On Jul 11, 2020
You have seen answer you still they ask same question again!

Oya go and buy it then and stop disturbing us!!!

Nigeria always using answer ask same question that has already been answered..

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
kenob28:

thanks for your advice bro. but I want to ask when is not carrying to full capacity is it still underpowered?

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by sultaan(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2020
If you like it and can keep it up, it will be perfect for Nigerian roads.
Eve when you pack it up full, it will be no different from most cars on the road

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by Readonee35L(m): 1:43am On Jul 11, 2020
kenob28:

Not underpowered .
But the 2.7L has no advantage over the V6 Fwd. They are very similar in mpg.

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kingreign(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2020
Readonee35L:

I've used both
Go for the 3.5L V6

Readonee35L:

Not underpowered .
But the 2.7L has no advantage over the V6 Fwd. They are very similar in mpg.

Why are you here and there?
Double speaking.

Na wa o!

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by Readonee35L(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2020
kingreign:

Why are you here and there?
Double speaking.

Na wa o!
Take time to read my posts properly before jumping to conclusions.
I said the engine is underpowered For the vehicle,
He then went ahead to ask me , if the vehicle is underpowered under minimal load which I quoted and said not underpowered.
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kingreign(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2020
Readonee35L:

Take time to read my posts properly before jumping to conclusions.
I said the engine is underpowered For the vehicle,
He then went ahead to ask me , if the vehicle is underpowered under minimal load which I quoted and said not underpowered.
Think before you post some comments.

From the onset in the design and development stage of that vehicle, they knew the engine size and out put, and the max load it should safely and easily carry. It's all factored and calculated in its design.

That vehicle engine is just okay for its shell and load it's gonna bear and will do 140km/h without much efforts.

Is the engine stellar in performance? No!
Is it gonna get an award for best performance? No!
Will it get the work done? Yes!

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by Readonee35L(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2020
kingreign:

From the onset in the design and development stage of that vehicle, they knew the engine size and out put, and the max load it should safely and easily carry. It's all factored and calculated in its design.

That vehicle engine is just okay for its shell and load it's gonna bear and will do 140km/h without much efforts.

Forget about online numbers.
I’ve used the vehicle for a long time in both configurations 2.7 and 3.5
The 4cyl acceleration and performance drops when loaded with passengers including the 3rd row.
You seem to be in for trouble rather than commenting for learning . Kindly avoid my posts in the future if you don’t have something meaningful to say.

Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kingreign(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Readonee35L:

The 4cyl acceleration and performance drops when loaded with passengers including the 3rd row.
You seem to be in for trouble rather than commenting for learning . Kindly avoid my posts in the future if you don’t have something meaningful to say.
I see rather than learning and commenting based on research you're all in for emotion.

May it interest you to know I also had an i4 engine highlander years ago and I loaded her without drastic drop in performance.

Will there be drop in performance in any engine irrespective of size and power when the car is loaded to max capacity? Yes.

But for you to bring out all these baseless sentimental argument and backing it up with emotional rollercoaster speeches is what I don't get. And oh yes, this is a public forum, you can't stop me from commenting on any thread or responding to any comment I so desire to.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by thebigkendo(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2020
Nairaland resident Toyota defender grin grin
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
kingreign:

hmm great clarification. may truly bless u more
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
Readonee35L:

please peace. one love bro
let's get to vivid conclusion please
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by kenob28(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
kingreign:

I see rather than learning and commenting based on research you're all in for emotion.

May it interest you to know I also had an i4 engine highlander years ago and I loaded her without drastic drop in performance.

Will there be drop in performance in any engine irrespective of size and power when the car is loaded to max capacity? Yes.

But for you to bring out all these baseless sentimental argument and backing it up with emotional rollercoaster speeches is what I don't get. And oh yes, this is a public forum, you can't stop me from commenting on any thread or responding to any comment I so desire to.

Have a wonderful weekend.
peace bro. one house. am confused now
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
Durability, quicker, etc, Go for the 3.5L V6
Re: How Is 2009 Toyota Highlander 4L Underpowered? by 9icetoo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
OP, you see those hiace buses with numerous passengers and cargo, they are powered by a 4 cylinder engine.
It's not underpowered for basic use. Abi u want to pull an 18 wheeler with it?
Granted, on steep gradients and fully loaded, 6 cylinder variants will pass you effortlessly but that is obtainable in any car as well.

What do you intend to use the highlander for?
Haul 50kg cement bags, bags of rice from the village to city?
It will get it done but don't expect to climb Benin hill doing speeds of 140+.
Youd only be able to do that with a 6 cylinder power train.

XYZ2 / Proposal Gift To My Girlfriend / How can I fix VSC And Check Warning Signals?