Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Gain In Humility - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gain In Humility (180 Views)

A Lesson In Humility / Coronavirus In China: Confirmation Of TB Joshua's Message As Year Of Humility / Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gain In Humility by Glopatience(f): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Written by Edet Crownofglory Patience

One day I saw a cock flew/jump on a tree and what I saw amazed me.

Do you know why?

The cock scanned the tree first, then, it bent it tiny legs to the ground and jumped up, before it eventually spread it wings and landed on the tree.

Do you know what I saw?

It's not easy to get to the top.

As an individual aiming for the top, it takes a lot of sacrifice.

However, you must have clarity of where you're aiming to.

Like the cock scanned the tree before it brought itself to the ground, you need to understand where you're going, then, you need to bring yourself to the ground in order to get to the top.

"How?" You may ask.

You've got to discipline yourself by humbling yourself if you're really set for the top.

I have learnt to humble myself many times in order to get the best in life, I mean as I keep climbing the ladder of success both spiritually and in the circular world. I don't joke with humbling myself.

Pride has nothing to offer you but humility has a whole lot of things to offer you in.

Many times, I learn things from people that are far younger than me, I don't allow the age gap to hinder me from acquiring the knowledge and skills that I need on the path to success.

In life, age is just a number.

If you really want to achieve the best in life, then, you've got to learn from that cock. Humble yourself and the Lord will crown your efforts with success.

What do you say?

What does the Bible say about humility?

Check it out ���

Proverbs 11:12 "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

1st Peter 5:5 "Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Remember that our Lord Jesus humbled Himself and took the form of flesh for our sakes.

As a Christian, your level of humility should stand out.

Truth be told, it pays to humble oneself than for God to humble you.

May God help us to continually be humble in Jesus name.

© Crownofglory - Global Influencer

2 Likes

Re: The Gain In Humility by Hezzyluv: 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
good
Re: The Gain In Humility by Glopatience(f): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you.
Re: The Gain In Humility by tobechi20(m): 3:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Humble people finish last in maija
Re: The Gain In Humility by Glopatience(f): 7:54am On Jul 13, 2020
But that shouldn't stop us from being humble.

(1) (Reply)

Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary / Greater Heights / Do Soulmates Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.