Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) (678 Views)

Monsters Everywhere!!! / A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / A Tale of Gods And Monsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Milliano69(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack

We're monsters in camouflage is going to be my first story on nairaland.
It's 100% non-fiction.
I am open to corrections , because I'm not good with the pen but I'm very good with a rifle�
Please grab your sits and read
I'll try my best to give you steady updates.
Stay tuned.
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by JAOS(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2020
ride on cool
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Edopesin: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
If this is anything to go by considering that you just created your account..... I'm following
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by donbachi(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
More oil on ur head.
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by chatinent: 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Following.
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Milliano69(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Episode 1 (the head start)

I dont know when i'm coming back, I'll be gone for a little but I'll keep myself for me and you, I'll be back for you , I dont know what the future brings but i want it to be with u , i go dey hope and pray say make u wait for me cos i'll come back for youuu. Darling you hold my li........ , i woke up to the blaring of johhny drille's WAIT FOR ME from my iphone 7 plus speaker. I sluggishly reached for the phone and pressed the green icon on the phone screen.
"who's on the line , i answered with a coarse morning voice,
Wait dont tell me, you're still sleeping, the caller replied almost immediately , Its 11am for crying out loud, the caller added.
I didnt need to check the caller's name to know who was calling, Even though the number was not saved on my phone, i knew the owner of the baby voice.
Hey goodmorning babe , how was your night?. I asked
I dont know babe, I'm pretty messed up rn, i could sense from her voice that she was crying.
Why you crying babe? I asked
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Milliano69(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
CONTINUATION.

Chelsea was the one that called.
She was the official Loml and paddy.
Her dad was a general in the Nigerian army.

Babe talk to me na, i was getting nervous and emotional as she continued sobbing over the phone.
Have you checked the shortlist, my dad said it came out last week, she replied after some minutes of pleading from my side.
Ohh dang it, i totally forgot. I was supposed to check if my name was out in the army recruitement list.
Is that why you're crying,i laughed.
I dont want you to go, what if they take you , what if you dont come back, what if you change towards me,. She kept bombarding me with what if's for some minutes and i didnt know how to feel at that moment, my emotions were in turmoil.
Are you there babe, she asked after realizing i was mute,
I'll come back for you, i replied . I didnt know where that came from, I didnt even know if my name was shortlisted but i just had to keep my hopes high, for my mom, for my dad, for my siblings
She sobbed some more and ended the call.
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Milliano69(m): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2020
Episode 2

Dear God alot has been happening lately, My physical strength is being challenged too much. Please attend to my attitude, let me remember that with only YOU I can pull through all. Grow me more than the challenges and pains I face everyday, lead me not into temptation.
I thank you for your voice that breaks through the greatest storm whispering "peace, be still"

I rounded up my morning prayers and walked down to the sitting room

Goodmorning dad, morning mom, I greeted my parents as they sat and glued their eyes to the television.

Morning nwam, how was your night,
I knew you must be stressed that's why i didn't want them to disturb, my ever loving mother replied.

Ehhm sit down my son, we have something to discuss with you, my dad said after replying my greetings
He switched off the TV and started
"Have you checked your name , the list has been out for sometime
I didn't know if he expected me to answer or not , but still he continued .
My friend the major, told me that your name came out among the 10 candidates from imo state.

Wow that was a lot to take in.i didn't know whether to be happy or sad

Why are you not saying anything, my mom asked when she noticed I was absent minded.
I'm sorry ma, I'll check the portal to confirm my name after charging my phone.
I left the parlour after some minutes of advice from my parents in anticipation of my callup to the army recruite camp.
I entered my room and met my brother zayn playing games with my phone.
Zayn was more than a brother to me, he was my confidant,
I was three years older than him but you'd think we were twins.
At 17 he had all those manly features that could spin any girls head.
I was more handsome than him though.
Shun sir , I salute u sir , zayn said and did a salute
He showed me my name on the portal, he had already logged in when he heard from my parents that the list was out.
I was happy this time, I'd soon be an army officer
That has always been my dream since childhood.
Omo those guys go beat u like werey for that camp, no Joy that side oo ,zayn said admist laughter.
We discussed some other bro stuff
And he suggested I call Chelsea and share the good news that I'm sure won't be good news to her.
Re: We're Monsters In Camouflage( My Experience As A Young Soldier.) by Jaysleeves(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
Following man

(1) (Reply)

Self Publishing In Nigeria / A Dream Comes True / See What The Internet Has Done To Our Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.