Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly (829 Views)

Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer / Ex Kaduna Governor, Makarfi, Loses His Senate Seat To His Former Commissioner / See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by babytejiri(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2011
Senator Ahmed Makarfi, Chairman, Senate Committee on Finance has said that Nigerians did not understand the Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, when he (Sanusi) said members of the National Assembly alone were spending 25 per cent of the country’s annual budget.
Ahmed Makarfi, who spoke to journalists in Kaduna at an interactive forum disclosed that he received a letter from Sanusi, in which the CBN boss allegedly apologised to the National Assembly over the controversial 25 per cent and blamed Nigerians for misquoting him.

He added the letter also explained that members of the National Assembly were only spending 25 per cent of the overhead cost and not 25 per cent of the nation’s annual total budget.
The CBN governor had some time late last year stirred the hornet’s nest when he told Nigerians that members of the National Assembly were spending a total of 25 per cent out of the nation’s annual total budget. This had since generated debate across the country.
“CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, did not say that the National Assembly was consuming 25 per cent of the nation’s annual budget, He claimed.

“As a matter of fact, two or three days after his appearance before our joint committee he wrote me a letter officially to voice in that he didn’t say 25 per cent of the nation’s annual budget, he didn’t say 25 per cent of the nation’s total revenue, he didn’t say the nation’s total recurrent expenditure, but 25 per cent of overhead.
“Overhead figure treated by Sanusi, when you take it as percentage of the budget itself, will come to about eight per cent of the total budget, the entire nation’s overhead will come to about eight per cent of the nation’s budget.

“So I have to correct the statement Sanusi made, he didn’t say what exactly you said, and he himself repeated it, but whatever it may be, how much does it cost to run government, and that government is not National Assembly alone, government is all arms, and we are committed to bringing down the cost of running government.”
http://www.nigeriacurrentnews.com/senator-ahmed-makarfi-sanusi-has-apologised-to-national-assembly/
Re: Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by Beaf: 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
Very interesting, but I won't believe a word until Sanusi speaks.
Re: Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^^^^^

seconded. I take whatever senators say with a pinch grain of salt.
Re: Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by Tsiya(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2011
babytejiri:

Senator Ahmed Makarfi, Chairman, Senate Committee on Finance has said that Nigerians did not understand the Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, when he (Sanusi) said members of the National Assembly alone were spending 25 per cent of the country’s annual budget.
Ahmed Makarfi, who spoke to journalists in Kaduna at an interactive forum disclosed that he received a letter from Sanusi, in which the CBN boss allegedly apologised to the National Assembly over the controversial 25 per cent and blamed Nigerians for misquoting him.

He added the letter also explained that members of the National Assembly were only spending 25 per cent of the overhead cost and not 25 per cent of the nation’s annual total budget.
The CBN governor had some time late last year stirred the hornet’s nest when he told Nigerians that members of the National Assembly were spending a total of 25 per cent out of the nation’s annual total budget. This had since generated debate across the country.
“CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, did not say that the National Assembly was consuming 25 per cent of the nation’s annual budget, He claimed.

“As a matter of fact, two or three days after his appearance before our joint committee he wrote me a letter officially to voice in that he didn’t say 25 per cent of the nation’s annual budget, he didn’t say 25 per cent of the nation’s total revenue, he didn’t say the nation’s total recurrent expenditure, but 25 per cent of overhead.
“Overhead figure treated by Sanusi, when you take it as percentage of the budget itself, will come to about eight per cent of the total budget, the entire nation’s overhead will come to about eight per cent of the nation’s budget.

“So I have to correct the statement Sanusi made, he didn’t say what exactly you said, and he himself repeated it, but whatever it may be, how much does it cost to run government, and that government is not National Assembly alone, government is all arms, and we are committed to bringing down the cost of running government.”
http://www.nigeriacurrentnews.com/senator-ahmed-makarfi-sanusi-has-apologised-to-national-assembly/

Who is this guy fooling?

All along, Sanusi has being saying 25% of the Federal Government Overhead.

SANUSI: RIGHTEOUS DEFIANCE AS AN ARMOUR
Defiant and even adjudged cocky by some senators at the hearing, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi told his hosts, majority of whom displayed open antagonism towards him that the figure he used to arrive at the conclusion that the national assembly is responsible for 25% expenditure of the over head spending of the federal government was from the Budget Office as such he does not have any reason to retract the statement accredited to him in the media.

“First of all let’s talk about the text of what I said and the context. If you read the story and not the headlines, many of the newspapers have what I said as quotation.

Now take the Vanguard. Vanguard says ‘National Assembly drains the economy, gulps 25 percent of the recurrent expenditure’ on page one and if you read the story, you come to page 53, it is quoting me in quotation mark, ‘if you look at the budget, the bulk of government spending is on recurrent expenditure, that is a big problem. 25 percent of the over head of the federal government goes to the National Assembly. 25 percent of over head of the Federal Government goes to the National Assembly that is what is said in quotation mark.

If you go the Tribune, ‘the government is in trouble’ front page, if you look at the budget the bulk of government spending on recurrent expenditure, that is a big problem, 25 percent of over head of Federal Government goes to National Assembly in quote. I saw the same quote in the NATION. 25 percent of over head of Federal Government goes to National Assembly.

“I confirm Mr. Chairman that I did say in my speech at the Igbinedion University that 25 percent of the overhead of the Federal Government goes to National Assembly. I have figures from the office of budget for the year 2010. Total government overhead is N536, 268, 49, 280.

Total overhead of the National Assembly is N136, 259, 768, 112 which is exactly 25.1 percent of Federal Government overhead. The overhead of the National Assembly as a percentage of the Federal Government budget in 2009 was 19. 87 and in 2008 was 14.19.

Sanusi has maintained that the NASS consumes 25% of the Gov't overhead. The Gov't employs, army, police, immigration, custom, ministries etc but takes only 75% of the overhead. This is scary for any nation.
Re: Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by Tsiya(m): 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
This guy is insulting us. This matter has quietten down, nothing happened, they are still collecting their pay packs but he still want to defend himself. Everybody knows he is the most corrupt person now living in Kaduna. Despite all the Mafias in Kaduna, it is rumoured he has the most expensive house in Kaduna
Re: Makarfi Claims That Sanusi Has Apologised To National Assembly by jacobs123(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
If there was an apology whether recorded or in Print, I'm sure Reps and Senators will make sure it's all over the internet and even publish it in newspapers and if it's voice, they will sell make the CD and give it to Alaba boyz to pirate

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan In Secret Talks To Bring Ibori Back To Nigeria / We Will Stop Alao-akala’s Re-election - Oyo State Pensioners / Pre-match Analysis: Chelsea Fc Vs Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.