Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail (27768 Views)

U.rchins, See What Politicians Are Doing To Your Mothers: Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi: Igboho's Travail Avoidable If He Had Listened To Good Advice / Sadio Mané Does What Politicians Can't Do In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by jarawa: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
Magu ran EFCC like cult – Shehu Sani

Senator Shehu Sani who represented Kaduna Central in the 8th National Assembly has said the suspended Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, was running the anti-graft agency like a cult.

Sani who is under probe by the EFCC took to his Facebook page on Wednesday, to celebrate Magu’s arrest. “Contrary to the facade you see from the outside, the EFCC has been run by an inside cult called ‘the Magu Boys’ or ‘the Chairman Squad.’ “They are a select cream of vicious and cruel officers who operate exclusively and with impunity and only report directly to their boss.

“The inside cult is the dark and immoral aspect of the agency engaged in persecution, blackmail, frame-ups, and cruelty. “The cult has been the wheel behind the ordeal of their embattled Boss. “Until they are rooted out from the agency too, I believe a lot of revelations will keep coming from other marginalized and honest officers in the so-called anti-corruption agency,” Sani posted.

Amend EFCC laws – Okorie

A former presidential candidate and elder statesman, Chief Chekwas Okorie has said Magu’s treatment fell short of international best practices and urged the federal government to amend the laws establishing the EFCC. Okorie in a telephone chat with Daily Trust Saturday yesterday expressed worry that all those who headed EFCC have all run into one trouble or another. “I’m a bit disturbed about Mr Magu’s arrest and detention.

The process was not very tidy to the best of my assessment. And since it is not an investigation as such according to the Presidency, it is a panel for him to clarify certain things he was alleged to have done. “Now, considering how these things are done in a civilised environment, the panel of inquiry is usually a public affair.

People are given the opportunity to watch questions that are asked and answers that are given. But if it is a private investigation, nobody wants to make public the investigation until the matter is charged to court. “But this is a panel of inquiry, so being done behind-closed-doors also raises certain doubts.

Some are of the view that government does not want a situation where Magu will make public a statement that could embarrass it, or that there is some conspiracy somewhere.

“So my strong suggestion is that it is time to look at the laws establishing the EFCC itself so that they can be more independent and report directly to Mr President. Being such an important anti-corruption agency, it shouldn’t be exposed further to third parties.

So I suggest that, that Act be looked at, again. “Everybody knows that Mr President has given Magu, all the support to achieve what he is now being credited with. But I think where the problem has being is the third party. “The office of the Attorney General also create this type of problem. It has always been the issue of Attorney General coming into the affairs of the EFCC that problems set in,” Chief Okorie said.

Magu was used as stooge by cabal – Dr Tanko

A former national chairman of Inter-Party Advisory Council (IPAC), Dr Yunusa Tanko has said a cabal in the polity has used and dumped Magu.

He said that due process needed to be followed in terms of putting officers in place and removing them, especially, in positions of integrity. Dr Tanko who spoke in a telephone chat with our reporter yesterday said, “The truth is that Magu was being used as a stooge by those that be.

Now they have finished using him and they are discarding him.” “Honestly, there are issues that have been raised for quite a long time now that Magu has not been able to reconcile what he collected and what is in the media.

“Therefore, those who have already made him and defended him are those that have found him not useful anymore, so they discarded him,” he said. “We can’t continue to use and dump people when we don’t need them anymore,” he added.

Magu must face prosecution – PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu must be made to face prosecution.

The PDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, argued that “the revelations” of diversion of recovered funds and fraudulent sale of assets seized by the EFCC among other sleazes, as detailed in the memo by the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami as well as the report of the Department of State Services (DSS) were good reasons for his prosecution.

The party said that Magu’s indictment reinforced its position that the much-hyped war against corruption by the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam by corrupt individuals to cover the plundering of public resources, harass political opponents, intimidate and extort money from innocent Nigerians.

The statement asked President Buhari to enforce the law by directing relevant agencies to commence actions that would lead to Magu’s prosecution in the court. “The development has also exposed why corruption has worsened under the Buhari administration, as documented by a credible international organization, including Transparency International (TI).

“It is a big embarrassment to our nation, that the head of the anti-corruption agency in an administration led by the African Union (AU) anti-corruption champion and which prides itself on zero tolerance for corruption, is being dragged in allegation of looting recovered fund and other barefaced frauds,” the party said.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/what-politicians-say-about-magus-travail.html

5 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by McDonie: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2020
it appears Magu is of more hierarchy than Hushpuppi in the game.
i don't even know what am saying. i no know wertin dey worry me.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by SmartProf(m): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2020
Pls edit the topic to: 'what renowned Nigerian thieves say about Magu's travail'. These Nigerian fraudsters called politicians may even be on the same telegram or Whatsapp group. Those with very terrible records of corruption may be their admins.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by yanabasee1(m): 12:41am On Jul 11, 2020
This is Magu's turn today..... Tomorrow, it could be them...

All of them are corrupt, including Buhari and that 4billuon aso-rock assistant....

19 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by FlordFlorez(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Dr Tanko nailed it. Magu the handtool.

2 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by engrtee(f): 1:29am On Jul 11, 2020
THERE ARE JOBS I SO DISLIKE. LAW ENFORCEMENT IS ONE OF THEM.

IF YOU TRY TO DO YOUR JOB DILIGENTLY, BIG MEN WILL SET YOU UP, HAVE YOU REMOVED SO THEY CAN HAVE THEIR WAY.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by pheelhip(m): 4:36am On Jul 11, 2020
Hmnnnnn
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by tillaman(m): 4:38am On Jul 11, 2020
I would have loved to see the look on his face before they whisked him away!! That dude didn’t see it coming but still on still na your turn today We are waiting for the next person on the list

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by 1Alex: 4:39am On Jul 11, 2020
Okay
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by PapaPHWalka: 4:39am On Jul 11, 2020
So na so Una Wan use set this man up
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by martin123: 4:39am On Jul 11, 2020
Most people blamed Saraki and the 8th assembly for not confirming him

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by darthv: 4:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Magu boys, lol Wat a no swag name grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by GboyegaD(m): 4:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Na like yansh, everybody get their opinion. Na lesson for everybody to learn from.

2 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by mandapayng: 4:41am On Jul 11, 2020
Who else is tired of Nigeria ?

Alexa play me fela cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Olabode971(f): 4:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Magu must step on Magun...(thunderbolt execution)

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by sammyj: 4:44am On Jul 11, 2020
The only good thing I observed during Magu’s era is having to deal with the 419 boys and men cool
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by softset: 4:46am On Jul 11, 2020
There is no difference between efcc and the police,why would the government continue to waste resources funding them. Why cant they upgrade the special fruad unit of the police rather than spend on these efcc boys.

They cant solve simple cases , their only achievements are to display yahoo boys as their achievements, I can bet no investigation was carried out ,the kids will start crying and spilling as soon as they are arrested, they call that investigation.

We need a complete overhaul in this country

9 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Damianwest19: 4:50am On Jul 11, 2020
The woes of a Nation that has refused to embrace Justice. We often twist the truth in order to strengthen a lie. EFCC is the political weapon of those in authority to intimidate perceived enemies ,be it real or imagined political enemies.

6 Likes

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Memphis357(m): 4:50am On Jul 11, 2020
I'm so ashamed of this country, Ewoooo. Almighty Magu, feeling like the Lord of the rings, how the mighty has fallen.

Immediately his oga at the top died, his nyash opened for 9ja to see. Covikk-19 na bastard. One of my uncle said and I quote : the new person must remember that months ago , Magu and his boys could stop any important personality in traffic and make him change his route to honor an invitation or arrest , a na ekoga ( feeling funky ). Now , how far ?

It's only God that will save Nigeria. I strongly believe the new man will falter, no be 9ja again?

1 Like

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Profayo: 4:55am On Jul 11, 2020
The way you know Nigeria has no hope is when the head of anticorruption is corrupt
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:55am On Jul 11, 2020
That office is no child's play.
When you are appointed,there are people you dare not touch even with corruption hanging on their necks.
Take tinubu bullion van brouhaha for example.
But I can bet that no one in Nigeria irrespective of region can get there without living large on the looted funds recovered through proxies.
Blackmailing for personal gains is another thing.

1 Like

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Monaco2(m): 5:04am On Jul 11, 2020
Magu is a criminal
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by ThatFairGuy1: 5:05am On Jul 11, 2020
Even those that lack the moral right to insult him will now. Life is very much unpredictable

1 Like

Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by chukwuibuipob: 5:06am On Jul 11, 2020
sad thieves get mouth here.
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by Realist5: 5:07am On Jul 11, 2020
Haaaa
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by recievesense: 5:11am On Jul 11, 2020
ok
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by yeyeboi(m): 5:27am On Jul 11, 2020
Ok
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by meshhing: 5:27am On Jul 11, 2020
ok
Re: What Politicians Say About Magu’s Travail by tonididdy(m): 5:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Nigerians open your eyes from slumber

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Judicial Panel Recommends Dismissal Of Soldiers, Police Deployed To Lekki / EFCC To Arraign Senator Albert Bassey For Receiving 12 Cars Worth N254m As Gifts / Customs Paraded 2016 Seized Rice Containers As 2019 Seizures - ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.