Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) (99521 Views)

See What Kofar Ruwa Underpass In Kano Looks Like At Night (Photos) / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) / Kofar Ruwa Highway Cracks In Kano, Months After Commissioning, Car Trapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by grammarian247(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
My job is to tell you how to hit the best score in Pearson Test of English (PTE). It is not the usual long sermon you hear, just tested practical steps. You do not need to buy any book from me. I'll spend just three weeks with you online and you good. 08038999587. I'm a chat or call away.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by TransflectTP(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
pyyxxaro:
This Lion mature naa

If una see the Lion for Ogba Zoo ( Benin City ) , una go hail

The Lion don hungry reach were naa Casava and Cocoyam the Lion de chop now embarassed

E don red for am be that.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Naijaarchive(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lions are gorgeous beasts... Very cute
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by membranus: 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
DrDax:

When are you sharing for Yankari Games Reserve?

I hate seeing animals in cages.

I visited Yankari many years ago before digital cameras became commonplace.

Good memories....

"I hate seeing animals in cages."

Same as me. There is nothing like freedom to roam wide unhindered.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by RubySpecial: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kofar Gamji is not even up to 10 minute drive from Stadium round about if the road is free, even if u are driving at a speed of 40km/hr.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
how come d lion kill his care giver. shey dat one don't know dat aja to ba wo'le ti ekun afeje we ni
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Emarvel(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
pyyxxaro:
This Lion mature naa

The Lion don hungry reach were naa Casava and Cocoyam the Lion de chop now embarassed

Nigga, the one at ogba zoo is bigger than this one
See below, look at the mane

2 Likes

Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by DreamSonInlaw(m): 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
See as you use your kcity tv logo cover everything and everywhere

Gamji houses the first swimming pool in northern Nigeria also, as a student I went there to interview some management staff
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by onadana: 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
banjo022:
baba the thing surprise me oo.. weather na bicycle carry am go there. from kawo to Zaria go be 13hrs be that

I just tire for the guy ooo.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by earnit3: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Animals are hungry too
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Maxwell4404(m): 12:48am On Jul 12, 2020
Na Lie big Lie I have been there they feed the lion 2times that same day I saw it with my eyes they gave the lion full ram 2times a day but 3times every week

The Lion don hungry reach were naa Casava and Cocoyam the Lion de chop now embarassed[/quote]
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]f
Maxwell4404:
Na Lie big Lie I have been there they feed the lion 2times that same day I saw it with my eyes they gave the lion full ram 2times a day but 3times every week

Thanks for clearing the air
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 12:51am On Jul 12, 2020
Naijaarchive:
Lions are gorgeous beasts... Very cute
you are right as i was touching it , i almost inserted my hands in his mouth grin
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by EbenezerTriumph: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2020
bustykasa:
as old as I am i have never visited a zoo.....chaiii
lol really?
Hi dear kindly check hour mail.
I dropped a message and I'll be anticipating your prompt feedback.
Thanks
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Naijaarchive(m): 5:28am On Jul 12, 2020
Kcitytv:
you are right as i was touching it , i almost inserted my hands in his mouth grin

grin i can imagine the charm
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2020
tongue
Naijaarchive:

grin i can imagine the charm
It can smile for Africa ah
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 5:47am On Jul 12, 2020
earnit3:
Animals are hungry too
,That kind of animal suppose to be eating at list 10,times a day
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 5:49am On Jul 12, 2020
DreamSonInlaw:
See as you use your kcity tv logo cover everything and everywhere

Gamji houses the first swimming pool in northern Nigeria also, as a student I went there to interview some management staff
,Alright noted

1 Like

Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by spiralwedge(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Kcitytv, I was in Kaduna for the first time last year April. I visited this park and there was no swimming pool. A construction was ongoing by the gate. The crocodiles at the fountain looked hungry. The Lord Lugard bridge was covered with grass. The whole place looks like it needs a young management that can think out of the box and make it more fun and maintain it.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by spiralwedge(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2020
bustykasa:
as old as I am i have never visited a zoo.....chaiii

If you are near Lagos, we could go to one together
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by spiralwedge(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2020
banjo022:
aswear, Kaduna north for the Muslims, Kaduna south for the Christians

Why is it so? Which areas have a mixture of both?
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 10:03am On Jul 12, 2020
spiralwedge:
Kcitytv, I was in Kaduna for the first time last year April. I visited this park and there was no swimming pool. A construction was ongoing by the gate. The crocodiles at the fountain looked hungry. The Lord Lugard bridge was covered with grass. The whole place looks like it needs a young management that can think out of the box and make it more fun and maintain it.
very correct
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by spiralwedge(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2020
mansakhalifa:

How do they break even with such low gate pass fees?

How do they stay afloat? It's mind-bogglin at best.

Those are ridiculously low prices for such an experience.

600 is on the high side. N500 is the average pass in most zoological/wildlife gardens in the country.
If it's a University's zoological garden, it's usually N200. Private ones are usually N500.
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2020
spiralwedge:

600 is on the high side. N500 is the average pass in most zoological/wildlife gardens in the country.
If it's a University's zoological garden, it's usually N200. Private ones are usually N500.
wink correct
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2020
spiralwedge:

Why is it so? Which areas have a mixture of both?
this because of the volatility of the state couple with the incessant religious crises. the only place you can find mixed people is barnawa area.

1 Like

Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Naijaarchive(m): 10:28am On Jul 12, 2020
Kcitytv:
:PIt can smile for Africa ah

Am sure you did be grinning if you saw a perfectly grilled chicken cheesy
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by adadioranmah(f): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2020
30mins from Staduim roundabout to Gamji? Wetin you dey drive abeg? Are you coming from Kamazoo?
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by EdwardRandy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
pyyxxaro:
This Lion mature naa

cheesy cheesy
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
grin
adadioranmah:
30mins from Staduim roundabout to Gamji? Wetin you dey drive abeg? Are you coming from Kamazoo?
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by Kcitytv: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
lamalang:
That’s baboon not Chimpanzee
Thanks man
Re: Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) by DaRuud(m): 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlHg9U5MwU

The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted tourism negatively. But kofer gamji Is Open! To Visit Despite Covid 19 Restrictions.

The peak is open for tourism/Visit, but visitors must wear mask ,use hand sanitizer and practice social distancing.

Activities: Swimming, horse-riding, Zoo etc

Gate fee is N600 per person

Travel time: Approx 30 mins drive from stadium round about Kaduna to kofer Gamji pack

Kofar Gamji also known as Hassan Usman Katsina Park, is the first amusement park built in the heart of the Kaduna metropolis close to Shooting Range New Extension next to the Kaduna Police College and it is the most visited recreation center during celebrations such as Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Sallah and New Year. The premises which started off as a garden during colonial rule and northern administrations, it has beautiful greenery with several trees, a small mangrove, orchards and small islands with majestic water flowing from the River Kaduna. The park is divided into two by the river with a foot bridge built by Lord Frederick Lugard connecting them together. Until the bridge was constructed there was no way of linking both halves except by canoe.

Kofar Gamji park is a great relaxation zone with , a mini zoo housing animals such as a lion, hyena’s,monkeys, ostriches,tortoise, a children’s playground that is managed by a private company.

In this video I saw the lion that killed one of their care giver and injured my tour guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos / Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.