Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,393 members, 7,954,572 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families (38624 Views)

Church Youths And Premarital Sex. / 8 Prophets Drown In Zimbabwe While Competing To Retrieve "Holy Stick"(video) / Prophet Onyeze Jesus Apologizes For Spraying Naira On Naked Clients In River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by hry969(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2020
RIP to the dead sad
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by hry969(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2020
Ushiesunday:
This boat capsized on Sunday.... On their way for a church program.
And nairaland are reporting it today.

The eldest person among them Sani Shadrach was a coursemate and a friend.

A graduate of History and diplomatic studies federal University wukari. Served in Ondo state.

Can't stop crying for your demise Shedy. We love you but God love you most.

RIP
from Ushie Sunday A. Your coursemate and a friend.
eya sori
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by NkemJosh: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by mashad(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2020
Going through the Scriptures, you will discover God made our Religion Simple and Easy. Only humans made it sophisticated and difficult, occasionally leading to deaths and pains.

LET'S ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT GOD MADE RELIGION EASY AND SIMPLY.

THE DIFFICULT AND SOPHISTICATED PRACTICES ARE MAN-MADE.

I wonder how I missed having people like this around me
[/quote]
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by mashad(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2020
mashad:
Going through the Scriptures, you will discover God made our Religion Simple and Easy. Only humans made it sophisticated and difficult, occasionally leading to deaths and pains.

I wonder how I missed having people like this around me

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Funaki: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2020
Queenlovely:
19 years ago, I drowned when our boat capsized. we were traveling from portharcourt to Bonny for train 2 project, my father just bought an oil block, we were going for inspection

God saved my life that day, now the finima airstrip is what I use

You drowned 19 years ago? Are you a ghost?

6 Likes

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2020
This is the time to learn how to swim
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Ilaumoh(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
This is very sad, I once witness this in Akwa ibom state, December 2015, a bus carrying deeper life members felt into a river, 14 people lost their lives, it was so sad.
I pray May their souls rest in peace.
Every living things are meant to die accidentally or naturally.
When?
And where in Akwa Ibom?
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Slimtuns(m): 11:23am On Jul 11, 2020
skyfather09:
stay at home them no go hear... useless things.

so with the calamity that has befallen the families of the deceased, this is what your godforsaken hands could type right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by crafteck(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2020
With the civid issue, that activity wasn't meant to be in the first place
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Olarewaju89: 11:25am On Jul 11, 2020
illitrate:
Benue and bad news

Abeg who get that jacob zuma picture?

grin

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2020
Our correspondent learnt that the youth leader arranged for a bigger boat which would convey them. But at the time they left the church and arrived at the River around 12:30pm that day, the boat operator had gone and they were left to seek alternative means of getting to their destination.

It was further learnt that they had to get a smaller boat and before they moved, one of them, according to reports, called to find out from one of the attendees already at the venue if the event was still on.

Saturday PUNCH further learnt that the caller was informed that the event was over and that they shouldn’t bother coming but upon informing others, they were said to have insisted on going. Sadly, on the way to the programme venue, the boat capsized midway around Ijaha community

Before the major God haters start devouring this sumptuous meal specially prepared and delivered by the devil himself pls read the abpve very carefully. Its very sad that people don't take their lives seriously.

1.How can u be in water without a life jacket when u can't swim?
2.You booked a bigger boat but on getting there u met a smaller one. You still didn't read the signs or even send some people back.
3. The event was over and they were informed to stay back but no they insisted on moving jamm-packed in the small boat ontop water with no swimming skills.

We see them in church with big bibles on Sunday. Choir practice on weekdays and other church work to cover up their real activities. Brothers and sisters in the lord, married and singles, Fvcking each other steadily with recklessness.. How can u then blame God when ur spiritual and physical senses have been made dull to listen to the signs and voice to stay back!!!
But i find it difficult to believe that they all had the same thought to forge ahead even when the signs were pointing otherwise.

I no judge anybody oo because me sef far from perfection but we should know what to do to keep us in check 24/7 and always use wisdom... I pray they're truly at peace. No one should quote me for nonsense abeg i have headache.

5 Likes

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by EdiskyHarry: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Ilaumoh:

When?
And where in Akwa Ibom?
Local gov:Etinan
Village : Ikot iwut
Date: December 2015
Number of casualties:14
The car is still in the water up till today go and find out.
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by myk2mic: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2020
michlins:
You don't know pain until you lose a sibling via sudden death

You can say that again, lost my eldest sister on Monday after a stupid guy robbed of her possessions (money and phone) without any form of resistance from her ,yet he proceeded to stab her . This life is just crazy

Rip ogechi , it wasn't meant to end this way

3 Likes

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by sotall(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=eodavids post=91600586]

THE DIFFICULT AND SOPHISTICATED PRACTICES ARE

2 Likes

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by WebCreator: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2020
May God have mercy and may their souls rest in peace
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by sotall(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=dairykidd post=91601705]Our correspondent learnt that the youth leader arranged for a bigger boat which would convey them. But at the time they left the church and arrived at the River around 12:30pm that day, the boat operator had gone and they were left to seek alternative means of getting to their destination.

It was further learnt that they had to get a smaller boat and before they moved, one of them, according to reports, called to find out from one of the attendees already at the venue if the event was still on.

Saturday PUNCH further learnt that the caller was informed that the event was over and that they shouldn’t bother coming but upon informing others, they were said to have insisted on going. Sadly, on the way to the programme venue, the boat capsized midway around Ijaha community

Before the major God haters start devouring this sumptuous meal specially prepared and delivered by the devil himself pls read the abpve very carefully. Its very sad that people don't take their lives seriously.

1.How can u be in water without a life jacket when u can't swim?
2.You booked a bigger boat but on getting there u met a smaller one. You still didn't read the signs or even send some people back.
3. The event was over and they were informed to stay back but no they insisted on moving jamm-packed in the small boat ontop water with no swimming skills.

We see them in church with big bibles on Sunday. Choir practice on weekdays and other church work to cover up their real activities. Brothers and sisters in the lord, married and singles, Fvcking each other steadily with recklessness.. How can u then blame God when ur spiritual and physical senses have been made dull to listen to the signs and voice to stay back!!!
But i find it difficult to believe that they all had the same thought to forge ahead even when the signs were pointing otherwise.

I no judge anybody oo because me sef far from perfection but we should know what to do to keep us in check 24/7 and always use wisdom... I pray they're truly at peace. No one should quote me for nonsense abeg i have headache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by onadana: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2020
overdrive:
RIP. God knows nothing will make me enter water unless na jacuzzi bath!!!

Even the most expert of swimmers drown.When I was teaching my son how to swim the first principle I taught him was water is not your friend.Respect it.Never swim no matter how good you are without a life guard.I remembered when I took a dive into a 12 feet pool,I plunged deep inside,I had a muscle pull on my right lap.It was a miracle I was able to reach the side where I held unto the stair case.I would have drowned in a pool despite knowing how to swim.
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by realstars: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2020
eodavids:

In This Case I See The Force Of Pressure To The Side Of The Leader, And The Leader's Focuse Was To Lead Them To The Promised Land, With Nothing To Present Again there, That Leads To The Wrong Moves In The Wrong Time To The Wrong Destination,
A Great Leason To All. May God Help Us.

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2020
these folks don't know yemoja,osa ati okun!
don't they know Idemili?lol

i once rejected water transportation because I couldn't swim,that's my logic.
how can I be comfortable on a boat amidst waters knowing I can't swim., .,
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

Oh! Mr analyst! How you pushed all the blames to the victims and forgot they were Christians and it was part of the responsibility of the God they have been worshipping to save them.

Is saving lives and protection from evil not part of the benefits of being a Christian again?

Events like this should make people like you go back and think if you are not being enslaved.
I say i have headache na.. What is being a Christian What is religion These two things have very little or nothing to do with God. Knowing God requires personal fellowship with Him and not playing religious politics 90% of Christians play. You will be shocked at the things so called Christians do.. God is never mocked. Be there deceiving urself and wait for Superman or spiderman to come and save u undecided

I don't believe in religion or being religious. I believe in God and this belief is personal.

Na real benefits of being a Christian... ignorant pikin. Go and join boy scout grin

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 11, 2020
these folks don't know yemoja,osa ati okun!
don't they know Idemili?lol

i once rejected water transportation because I couldn't swim,that's my logic.
how can I be comfortable on a boat amidst waters knowing I can't swim., .,
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Skyonebaba: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
5souls from one family ..... my tears ..... triptlets gone ?

how will the church even sing praises and worship GOD tomorrow
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by franugo(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Anneka101:
I don't understand why the youths got drown in the river.

But this is not church activities since it's not baptism. I think they just went to have their own fun and the sudden incident happened.

May God comfort their families.

RIP!!

Did you read the op at all madam
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by abidem4real: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Flyemmyrate(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2020
So sad. My condolences to the bereaved.

We human beings don't pay attention to things of the Holy Spirit because we are always anxious to get what we want.

When they got to the river side, the bigger boat they arranged to carry them has gone, instead they went for the smaller one.......bad sign to note.

And lastly, one of them called to know the stage where the program has progress to but unfortunately he was informed that program has closed and dusted and yet they went ahead.

May God give us His Special Grace to hearken to Him in Jesus Name.

Also, may God comfort them entirely.

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by sotall(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=dairykidd post=91602468]
I say i have headache na.. What is being a Christian What is religion These two things have very little or nothing to do with God. Knowing God requires personal fellowship with Him and not playing religious politics 90% of Christians play. You will be shocked at the things so called Christians do.. God is never mocked. Be there deceiving urself and wait for Superman or spiderman to come and save
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by gaskiyamagana: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
WHY LORD JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR NO SAVE THEM?

Over to the noise makers of :
" accept Jesus today "
" accept Jesus before its to late "
" only Jesus Christ can save "

1 Like

Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by sotall(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=Flyemmyrate
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Ishilove: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
Human error.

*shudder*
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by Humanoid01(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
onlinestaff2020:
When God is needed to come rescue his own children, he is nowhere to be found.

I guess the devil is winning the battle.
We're always complaining about God when bad things happen, but we discredit Him when good things happen to us. Humans!
Re: 26 Church Youths Drown In River Benue, Mourned By Their Families by libertymax(m): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
chai this is painful oooo.

May their souls rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.