Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages (14775 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! / How Can I Get My Own Credit Card In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by boladez(m): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2007
ILOVENSE,

Thanks, yea,  I have some dollar funds locked in as cash collateral for my card and I cannot spend beyond that cash amount I have with them. That's why I have called it a Debit card. I can't use the card except I move money from my Dom account and load. Several times they have refused my payments if I don't give instructions to load!!! I have a friend who has a card facility with the bank and his is truly a credit card.

On the statement, I have called a million times and I have sent several mails to no avail. I have been to the PH trans Amadi branch who redirected me to the Card centre in Lagos. I have a feeling you don't own an Ecobank card elseyou would understand the loading side, the card is definitely NOT linked to my Account. Believe me I don't usually tell lies wink
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by toyboy1(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2007
@Boladez,
From ur write up, what u have is a debit Master card. This type of card is 100% cash collaterized. It is tied to the funds in ur dorm account (not linked mind u), which can only be loaded at your instance/instruction on your card.
Credit Master card is equally available on request if you are found credit worthy based on ur income and other documents that will be duly assessed by Risk Asset management.
No one will load your card without your expressed approval/instruction, so once your card is not funded, ur payments will be denied until an instruction is recieved from you.
Debit cards were the first set of cards in Nigeria cos of our unwillingness to pay credits and international payments are involved in this (non repayment of loans/credits led to insolvency of many banks), but right now, things are looking up as credit cards are now every where, even naira dominated ones.
I have debit and credit cards with ECOBANK, call 01-2701323 or 0802-2701323 for ur enquires and complains.
Take care and do have a nice day.
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Orikinla(m): 12:58am On Nov 01, 2007
My Canadian ISP rejects online payments from Nigeria.
My American publisher rejects online orders from Nigeria.

This is my own reality.
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by ILOVENSE(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2007
BOLADEZ That is strange, and i do have a CREDIT CARD with ECOBANK which has never failed me.

but what you have indeed is a Master card, which is a 100% collaterized card, your dom a/c funds is the collateral for the card.

Trans-amadi huh? ok lets do this.

give me your E_MAil addy, lets see if i can help.

Toyboy thank you still. are you sure? wink wink wink
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by MP007(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2007
credit card wgere? are u kidding me, with no valid social security card and drivers licence,
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by boladez(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2007
ILOVENSE:

BOLADEZ That is strange, and i do have a CREDIT CARD with ECOBANK which has never failed me.

but what you have indeed is a Master card, which is a 100% collaterized card, your dom a/c funds is the collateral for the card.

Trans-amadi huh? ok lets do this.

give me your E_MAil addy, lets see if i can help.

Toyboy thank you still. are you sure? wink wink wink

Boladez@yahoo.com , Many thanks
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by howddy4(f): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2007
NO NO advantage !!! , lots of disadvantages THO
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Sherlock99: 7:29am On Jul 23, 2010
There are many advantages and disadvantages in Nigeria,

Banks routinely offer various types of loans that cover the cost of whatever a person or business needs. One type of loan a company or individual may consider is a term loan. A term loan is a loan in which the borrower pays interest only for a set period. These loans have both advantages and disadvantages that the lender needs to weigh before signing any paperwork and committing to the loan agreement.

According to termloans.co.au, term loans are more flexible when compared to other types of loans. With a term loan, the borrower doesn't have to make a payment toward both the interest and the principal balance. He can do so if it is financially feasible, but it isn't required. Thus, a term loan better accommodates changes to a person's budget due to unexpected life or business changes.

buy company director reports
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Koboe(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for this useful information.
There are really many ways of making money online. I'm currently an online business consultant and web designer.

One issue with internet business is the issue of credit card. I have broken that barrier because right now, I have my own US MASTERCARD with me Live! and i'm helping as many people as possible get theirs. Get yours shipped directly to your home address anywhere in the world.

More details: +2347061939074
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by geniusauthor(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
please someone help me on how ican load money on my payoneer mastercard
thanks
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by bigfat: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by okitejoseph: 5:13am On Jun 04, 2018
I don't think Nigeria operate a credit card system, what we are known for is the debit card. With a credit card all you need is an employment or maybe a means of paying back what you owe it is credit card after all.

See how credit cards like Davids Bridal Credit Card and Bank of America Students Credit Card works..

https://www.cardwok.com/

1 Like

Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by NaijaPress: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Credit card usage in Nigeria is nothing but a scam... Credit card facility can only be possible in developed countries like the UK, USA, Germany, Italy etc... Even Egypt and South Africa will do better.

See This - Card Vet
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Prestdude: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2019
There are advantages and disadvantages of using the credit cards, however, those does not affect Nigerians since majority of the people use debit card instead of credit card https://www.businessplanreviews.com.ng
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by newspapers: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
Do we really have credit cards here? What we have are debit cards! take a look for example at overseas, they have credit cards for everything! including Tire maintenance like the Tire Rama card
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by dgunz: 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hey have any one heard this issue lately about trying to withdraw from my Paypal to my UBA prepaid card?

Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Springboot: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
illusion2:

Those 'credit cards' are NAIRA denominated.

What esle should they be denominated in? Are you not in Nigeria? Is USA credit card denominated in yen?

for those saying there's no credit card in Nigeria, ignorance is your problem, I've been using credit issued by diamond Bank for over 5years with free interest for 30 days, if you pay back what you spent before 30 days, you don't have to pay anything on it.

There's also credpal, an app which issues credit card and delivers it to you for free as long aa you have a source of income.
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Springboot: 11:13pm On Jun 15, 2021
newspapers:
Do we really have credit cards here? What we have are debit cards! take a look for example at overseas, they have credit cards for everything! including Tire maintenance like the Tire Rama card

I have credit card and it's not linked to any account yet I can withdraw money when I don't have any, it's also interest free as long as I pay back in 30 days.
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Springboot: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
geniusauthor:
please someone help me on how ican load money on my payoneer mastercard
thanks

I can help or you can use kuda
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by ibk5891(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2021
How please explain
Springboot:

Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by azeez1271: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2021
Springboot:

At what rate ?
Re: Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages by Springboot: 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2021
azeez1271:

At what rate ?
;DI'm not a business man, I only want to assist you, not looking to make profit, so whatever the rate is what you'll pay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Reports Upsurge In Dollar Inflow / 5 Internet Marketing Tactics That Will Never Go Out Of Fashion / Advantages/disadvanteges Of Currency Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.