Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) (82033 Views)

University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video) / Rats Destroy ABSU Student's Property During Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Aarenaija: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
Uhnnnnn......I appreciate the hostel compared to what obtains in a lot of Universities. They seems to like yam things in Unical sha.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
Gemineye:
Op which school actually. undecided i saw this same pic in someone's WhatsApp status tagging a diff sch
I tell you. cos the one I saw on twitter captioned the hostel as queen Amina hostel
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Person2person(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ouchhhh!
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

Moreover whey does the first picture have a different window from the second.

The first ha a sliding window,

The second which shows to stems to be moving in the same direction as the first have a louvers.

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

The Windows are truly different. But on closer look, you will observe that the sliding window is shut and that the stems can be traced to a second window on the right; the one with louvers( not captured by the camera)
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Alexaonfleek: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
cry
Me sef I leave one tuber of yam for my room Abeg make FG open school fast cry
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by RemoveKebab: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chernobyl
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by sicily4u: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Will it produces a new yam at the end, I mean ji ofuu ?

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
I don't believe this..
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Goovo(m): 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

The second which shows to stems to be moving in the same direction as the first have a louvers.

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100
u are very observant. Kudos
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Manuel69: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

It's not staged. It's simply Phototropism
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
delectablegyal:
people like to show off ehn. like say na only una do biologysmiley. pls, phuck out of here.
When no be sex matter, we no see your contribution o

2 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Ogbuu101: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
the stems went out to the direction of the sun,amazing!
1st thing I noticed.
Science is constant.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Onliie(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
Irritability, That's like biology 101.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by IamgratefulLord(f): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100
You're a smart ass. It's staged!! All the points you raised are cogent! smiley smiley kiss kiss
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Angy55(f): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:

Don't blame me, I have better ambitions than planting tubers of yam in my backyard. To add to that, I'm an extremely busy person. . You have the experience, that's what you do for a living so please put us through and explain better.

Mind you I'm not discrediting farmers, infact I love farmers and farming and there are lots of wealthy ones out there. But there and farmers and there are farmers. When I say farming, I don't mean backyard shit.

Yam tubers grow on their own... So it's not staged..
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by lilbarracuda(m): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
The second pics is OAU
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by poiunt: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Odunolumide:

Phototropism

I know sir...
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by flames01: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:

They are phototrophic
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by blessedchild234(m): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
And its on front page.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by EdiskyHarry: 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is very funny
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Arijude(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
it's called phototropism in biology
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by ayanbaba2(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
Manuel69:

It's not staged. It's simply Phototropism

don't reply them again...

they won't believe anything again for their life!

something that has been proven ... see my own!

2 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Grateful02(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Op funny sha. I don't stay in the hostel but one think I know for sure is that, those pics ain't unical hostel
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
cool318:

It isn't staged, its the adaptability of plant species.
They are using the yam tuber tissues in the hostel as food and water supply at the same time moving positively phototropic in search of photosynthesis.

The mystery will now be where the new regenerated Tuber will be domiciled.

I will need to consult my Library shocked shocked shocked
He's right in a way. Observe that the different windows - one is louvred, other is sliding.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:

Don't blame me, I have better ambitions than planting tubers of yam in my backyard. To add to that, I'm an extremely busy person. . You have the experience, that's what you do for a living so please put us through and explain better.

Mind you I'm not discrediting farmers, infact I love farmers and farming and there are lots of wealthy ones out there. But there and farmers and there are farmers. When I say farming, I don't mean backyard shit.

He was just playing with u Baba olowo
What he said didn't warrant insult from u Mr busy man.

Learn to understand jokes serious man.

4 Likes

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by niyidenrele: 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
a process called, Phototropism
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by aboyo80: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Orire01:
Good investment, nah to resume back and harvest.

I still sell affordable laptops.

Details on my signature.
How much do you sell your laptops? Can I see pictures?
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Kalaba(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Evil yam grin
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by ignis: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

Oil dey your head
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Kazim88: 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Guestlander:

How is that wise! Yam can germinate without being in the soil. Potatoes � also can germinate without being in the soil. The tuber provides the needed nutrients to make it possible.

Look at the window's pane of both pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / ASUP Strike / Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.