Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual (462 Views)

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Defeats Jegede With Over 99k Votes / Ondo Election: Akeredolu, Ajayi, Jegede Win Polling Units / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Vs Jegede Vs Agboola -Mock Poll Results By Eagle Badger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by Honbright(m): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2020
By Tunde Olorungbotemi

Ondo state governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has gone spiritual.

In a post captured by VOICE AIR MEDIA on his social media platforms amidst battle to pick governorship ticket of his party APC in the primaries slated for July 20.

Recall that Ondo state governor, Akeredolu’s Deputy gov, Agboola Ajayi joined the stronger opposition party in the state, People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to contest the 2020 governorship election while still serving in his government.

VOICE AIR MEDIA reported earlier that, the governor and wife was tested positive for the deadly covid19 pandemic but later got recovered and tested negative to the virus.

Akeredolu also faced his party’s screening committee on governorship election and unconfirmed report says he had been cleared alongside 10 others while one of the governorship Aspirants (yet to be known) was disqualified.

See the post below obtained from his twitter handle...

“O God, have mercy on me, for people are hounding me. My foes attack me all day long.

I am constantly hounded by those who slander me, and many are boldly attacking me.

But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.

I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?

What can mere mortals do to me?

They are always twisting what I say; they spend their days plotting to harm me.

They come together to spy on me— watching my every step, eager to kill me.

Don’t let them get away with their wickedness; in your anger, O God, bring them down.

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side!

I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.

I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?

What can mere mortals do to me?

I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.

For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light.” Psalms 56:1‭-‬13 NLT.

Source, More details here...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/07/ondo-election-and-covid-19-akeredolu.html

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by 77Craze: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Its needed!
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by gasparpisciotta: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
It is the grace and many mercies of God that makes a man to become a leader.

But when Selfishness and Greed takes over, they play god and refuse to acknowledge the grace and mercy of God in other people’s lives.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by JAOS(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Amen! smiley
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by Hollysaint: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Amen
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by Freestainworld(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
if your people pray this kind prayer against you, you fit win?
Re: Ondo Election: Akeredolu Goes Spiritual by ODJ124(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Aketi Himself... victory is assured...

(1) (Reply)

Uzodinma, Ngige, Nnamani, Others Meet, Make Plans For Igbos To Benefit From FG / Boko Haram Terrorists Kills 10 Soldiers In Borno State. / Edo: Ex-chief Whip Of Senate Decamps To PDP, Declares Support For Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.