Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Sprinter Duti Chand's Financial Condition Deteriorates - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sprinter Duti Chand's Financial Condition Deteriorates (195 Views)

Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches / Meet Rudolph Ingram, 7-year-old American Sprinter Who Might Be Next Usain Bolt / Sprinter Usain Bolt Makes Huge Man City Prediction Amid Transfer Links (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sprinter Duti Chand's Financial Condition Deteriorates by serialgossip: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Duti Chand, the country's fastest female sprinter, is facing a shortage of funds due to the Tokyo Olympic postponement. In such a situation, he has decided to sell his BMW car with the intention of spending the Olympic training. He has a 2015 BMW Three-Series. He bought this car for 30 lakh rupees.

He spent all the money he received from the state government and sponsors for training for the Tokyo Olympics. Meanwhile the games were postponed for a year due to the Kovid-19 epidemic. In such a situation, they do not have funds for training.

Duti said, so far my training is going well. I am preparing in Bhubaneswar. Previously there was no problem of funds for the training of Tokyo Olympics, as the Games were to be held in July. Meanwhile, the Olympic was postponed due to coronavirus. All the money that I had received from sponsors for training ended.

'I'm having trouble finding sponsors'

Now I need funds for training, but due to Corona I am having trouble finding sponsors. That is why I have decided to sell my car to cover training expenses.

Duti Chand nominated for the Arjuna Award
this year The athlete who was nominated for the Arjuna Award this year said that Kovid-19 had a bad impact on sports and sponsors. At this time, no one is ready to support the players. As of now, the Puma company has an agreement with Duti, that too is ending in December this year.

The government does not even have money: Duti Chand, a
two-time Asian Games silver medalist, Duti said that the government does not have money due to Corona. In such a situation, if I ask for money for training, it will not be good. Coronavirus has impressed all of us, when there are no events, no one is even ready to sponsor us. We are all at a loss, this is a time of trouble.

It will take 6 months to get fitness level

The 24-year-old sprinter said that the players who are training in the hostels have been the most affected by Corona. The Olympics have been postponed for a year. This will affect all athletes. All players have to stay home due to the lockdown. So it will take us 6-7 months to reach our best fitness level.

Less than 1 year to make it to Tokyo Olympics

Duti resumed training at Kalinga Stadium on May 25 after two months of lockdown. He has less than a year left to make it to the Tokyo Olympics, as the deadline for the Games' new qualification period is 29 June 2021.

At the same time, the International Federation can decide its deadline for the qualification of the games before it. In such a situation, the players have only a few months left. The Tokyo Games will take place from 23 August to 8 August next year.

Duti is the fastest female athlete

Duti broke her own national record in the 100 meters race at the National Open Athletics held in Ranchi last year, she completed the race in 11.22 seconds

Source1: Daily News Recorder

Source2: Latest Serial Gossip

Source3: Telly Updates Me

(1) (Reply)

For Real Bettors Only / Youth Employment In Nigeria: What Agriculture Can Learn From Sports / Ancelotti Says Goalkeeper Pickford Must Do Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.