Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 (4079 Views)

Waoh! My Spark 4 Just Upgraded To Android 10. / Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 / Just Upgraded My Infinx Note 4 To Version 8.0 Tonight See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Darkseid(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
How can I upgrade my Samsung Tab E from 4.1 to a higher fashion? Each time I click on the autoooooo upgrade it tells me you device is up to-date but when I check the Android version, it's the same 4.1.
If you're tech savvy, you can upgrade it to probably android 7.1 with custom ROM, just head over to XDA.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by hothuntee(m): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

ok. I actually consider myself purple pill here. and Samsung detects game mode automatically.. even the A series. You don't need extra settings for it to kick in. Na iPhone I go buy next. I've heard too much hype around it. it's just a bit too expensive for me when you look at the price for the brand new ones.

Even my phone technician adviced me to try Apple. I'm just too geeky for iPhone's simplicity

Iphones are awesome too but only if you're surrounded by a lot of its users. Too much paid apps as well as sites discriminatory to location outside the US and EU. Imagine Shazam telling you streaming is not available for your country. African lives matter too.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by martolux(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2020
Is distance not a barrier here? Or is it something you can teach me on phone?
folarr:

You can flash lineage os 14.1 custom ROM on it. I did it for my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 a few days back, the lineage os 14.1 is a custom android 7.1 nougat. Drop your number if you want me to help you do it for free
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
Skyfornia:

Samsung A10 and Nokia 4.2...I had to buy the Nokia 4.2 twice cause of the love I have for it. I lost the first one I bought under 10days and bought another one.

it's okay bro. they're all good mid-rangers. I stopped using Samsung because of the costly screen replacement and I no de like use phone with screen guard. hopefully when money too much we go try am again

the Samsung n Infinix devices I've used both had slightly similar shortcuts. I suspect Infinix preys on Samsung designs.

For example, the call log interface on Samsung n Infinix both lists out all your calls history individually without summarising them.

If for example, Mr Seun calls 3 different times in a day say 1am 2am and 3am Samsung/Infinix displays it that same way in that order as well as any calls you took in between...

Whereas Nokia kinda summaries it. Nokia shows you the latest call from Mr Seun and erases every other call log from him on your call log list. as against listing out all the different times he called.

you have to tap on the call log for Mr Seun > tap on history option under Mr Seun's particular call log to display the call history for Mr Seun (that is if he called you more than once using the instance above)

We take a lot of calls per day and at times you may want to track calls using the call events of the day (esp if the caller's details doesn't show up on Trucaller) it gets hard because let's say u spoke with a caller before Mr Seun's call by 1am.

now if Mr Seun calls again by 2am, his entire call log (including the call by 1am) is deleted and appears on top of your call list

And also, For Infinix and Samsung, you can send a text from the call log by swiping while Nokia takes two taps. Same applies to the text message app. You can make a call from the msg app by swiping on messages without opening it as against Nokia.

The screen sensitivity during calls is something else.. you have to put the phone real close to your ear before the lights go off. While Samsung detects it from a little further distance.. which means you really don't have to place the phone directly on your ear for the lights to go off during a call.

Did I even mention that Nokia lacks singlehand control option? Lacks dual screen mode. Lacks on-screen forced zoom. Like they're not mates abeg
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Bratking(m): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

And I never even use any latest Samsung device of late. I'm just talking from an Infinix angle and I know for sure.. in fact, I can bet my left balls that Samsung Galaxy 8 not 9 or 10 oh will completely kill Infinix when you compare them directly
My Samsung Galaxy S8+ is a beast.

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Tomilola360: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Samsung na oga for dishing out upgrade for their devices. I can't stop loving them.

Congrats. You came late tho. We upgraded to this over a month ago.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Zimri(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

[s]
what is this one saying?? how you go even compare the two brands? e be like na today begin use high-end phones.

I use Nokia 6.2
Nov. 2019 released
4k video
UHD pics (that is with 3 cameras)
4 Gig ram.
128 abi 64 gig storage

but trust me, I would have gotten a better deal with Infinix of the same price range. Imagine phone of this range does not even have common adaptive gaming mode.

Samsung automatically detects when you're gaming and instantly mutes unnecessary notifications. Even phone call notifications during gaming is minimised and doesn't take up your screen space.

Like for real, Is this even up for debate?

Nokia is strong and 'classy' but tacky. Even with the 4gig e still de lag like mad. Imagine someone flashes you and cut the call asap this nonsense Nokia go still de ring out even after the call done cut.

Something that has never happened on my 2 Gig ram MKT chipset Infinix. My Infinix Note 5 stylus pen edition is more seemless.

Nokia isn't all that smart.
Guy Samsung is mad. Except na medium-range Samsung prdts u de use like all those A-series.

Even for Yankee seff Nokia no de rank high.. like, I could go on and on about how Samsung take dey better.

Type C fast charging for Nokia is pretty selective to USB cables and uses pretty much only Nokia USB cables which is a downside.

Screen touch sensitivity nko? Nokia Corrina 3 glass no dey too respond ASAP on touch. you gotta wait a few microseconds for it to respond.

I guess they sacrificed sensitivity for strength.

Guy, I'll kill this comparison with lots of other facts but for real, it's not up for arguments abeg.

Samsung sabi add small extra user-friendly touches to their interface to make life better

Infinix does that too.. but you no go use Nokia Android 10.2 upgrade compare Samsung own.

It's the same O.S oh but every brand adds their own micro editions inside to make it unique.

Nokia is just basically like using a HP EliteBook..
It's strictly for business. Gives you the basic functions nothing extra

Guyyyyy, I no even want talk about the Google assistant on Nokia (that is the 'okay Google' thing for voice searches)

Na so so "hey Google, hey Google" I de talk before e go recognise am. And when it does, it finds it hard picking up exact words esp in a nosiy place.

Infinix does it better.. Lol if you notice, I no dey even compare the Nokia to Samsung. I compare it with the UI of Infinix (highends only i.e above 80k in price)

it's laughable to compare both fr sad

more edit: I just de remember more guy..

As I de type I de remember more. Like the lockscreen assessment.

Have you tried accessing the cam from the lock screen? by double tapping on the power button. Sometimes I have to unlock the phone to assess it. else e go hang.

The Gallery nko? sometimes you have to clear cache on camera to view recent pics.

And I never even use any latest Samsung device of late. I'm just talking from an Infinix angle and I know for sure.. in fact, I can bet my left balls that Samsung Galaxy 8 not 9 or 10 oh will completely kill Infinix when you compare them directly[/s]
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Skyfornia(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

it's okay bro. they're all good mid-rangers. I stopped using Samsung because of the costly screen replacement and I no de like use phone with screen guard. hopefully when money too much we go try am again

the Samsung n Infinix devices I've used both had slightly similar shortcuts. I suspect Infinix preys on Samsung designs.

For example, the call log interface on Samsung n Infinix both lists out all your calls history individually without summarising them.

If for example, Mr Seun calls 3 different times in a day say 1am 2am and 3am Samsung/Infinix displays it that same way in that order as well as any calls you took in between...

Whereas Nokia kinda summaries it. Nokia shows you the latest call from Mr Seun and erases every other call log from him on your call log list. as against listing out all the different times he called.

you have to tap on the call log for Mr Seun > tap on history option under Mr Seun's particular call log to display the call history for Mr Seun (that is if he called you more than once using the instance above)

We take a lot of calls per day and at times you may want to track calls using the call events of the day (esp if the caller's details doesn't show up on Trucaller) it gets hard because let's say u spoke with a caller before Mr Seun's call by 1am.

now if Mr Seun calls again by 2am, his entire call log (including the call by 1am) is deleted and appears on top of your call list

And also, For Infinix and Samsung, you can send a text from the call log by swiping while Nokia takes two taps. Same applies to the text message app. You can make a call from the msg app by swiping on messages without opening it as against Nokia.

The screen sensitivity during calls is something else.. you have to put the phone real close to your ear before the lights go off. While Samsung detects it from a little further distance.. which means you really don't have to place the phone directly on your ear for the lights to go off during a call.

Did I even mention that Nokia lacks singlehand control option? Lacks dual screen mode. Lacks on-screen forced zoom. Like they're not mates abeg

Lols...I don't see anything special about all you stated. But I guess it's individual difference...cool bro

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Lovelynife(m): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
folarr:

You can flash lineage os 14.1 custom ROM on it. I did it for my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 a few days back, the lineage os 14.1 is a custom android 7.1 nougat. Drop your number if you want me to help you do it for free
Please I need it too for my Samsung tab E . my number is 08022749532
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by bjbukzy(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Samsung na oga for dishing out upgrade for their devices. I can't stop loving them.

We on Android 11 already

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by rapcy(m): 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Not a big deal..
Most phone brands that are not owned by Transsion have been hard at work,updating to Android 10.. shocked
Infinix note 5 has been running on Android 10 since January
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:46am On Jul 13, 2020
rapcy:
Infinix note 5 has been running on Android 10 since January
Infinix Note 5 is a Stock Android device,that is not an achievement. shocked
Infinix has nothing to do with the update.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by rapcy(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Infinix Note 5 is a Stock Android device,that is not an achievement. shocked
Infinix has nothing to do with the update.. undecided
is note 5 an Infinix device? Does it operate on Android 10? I bet your answer was YES
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2020
rapcy:
is note 5 an Infinix device? Does it operate on Android 10? I bet your answer was YES
LOL.. grin

Talk about shooting one's self on the foot..

Infinix did not update the Infinix Note 5..

Google did..

Google provides stock Android updates..

That you should bring up the issue of Infinix Note 5 update shows how pathetic Transsion is when it comes to updates..

EVERY DEVICE Xiaomi makes,they provides updates for..

From the greatest to the cheapest..

Am using the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 for 19 months now..

I bought it at Android 8.1 and today it is on Android 10.

As snappy as the day I started using it..

And you are here quoting Infinix Note 5 on stock Android,as an example of Infinix achievements.. shocked

And you seriously don't find it funny? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Lovelynife(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Darkseid:
If you're tech savvy, you can upgrade it to probably android 7.1 with custom ROM, just head over to XDA.
please can I get the details of doing that? Thanks in anticipation
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by rapcy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
LOL.. grin

Talk about shooting one's self on the foot..

Infinix did not update the Infinix Note 5..

Google did..

Google provides stock Android updates..

That you should bring up the issue of Infinix Note 5 update shows how pathetic Transsion is when it comes to updates..

EVERY DEVICE Xiaomi makes,they provides updates for..

From the greatest to the cheapest..

Am using the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 for 19 months now..

I bought it at Android 8.1 and today it is on Android 10.

As snappy as the day I started using it..

And you are here quoting Infinix Note 5 on stock Android,as an example of Infinix achievements.. shocked

And you seriously don't find it funny? cheesy

No I don't find it funny at all. The stock ROM is from Google but housed by an Infinix device, same thing with your Xiaomi. It's like saying because Ramos scored an own goal it should not be counted as goal against Real Madrid. The stock OS is from Google, so also your MIUI, it uses stock ROM with a little bit of Xiaomi customisation. We dey thesame ship my brother. wink
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Darkseid(m): 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
Lovelynife:

please can I get the details of doing that? Thanks in anticipation
It's a very long and complicated process. You asking this question means you're not familiar with modding phones, so I'll advice that you don't try it or you might end up bricking your tablet.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Lovelynife(m): 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Darkseid:
It's a very long and complicated process. You asking this question means you're not familiar with modding phones, so I'll advice that you don't try it or you might end up bricking your tablet.
Aiit. Thanks
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by timmyblast(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Samsung A11 is a new addition to the samsung family.

A week old samsung A11 for sale

32g Rom 2g ram

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
rapcy:

No I don't find it funny at all. The stock ROM is from Google but housed by an Infinix device, same thing with your Xiaomi. It's like saying because Ramos scored an own goal it should not be counted as goal against Real Madrid. The stock OS is from Google, so also your MIUI, it uses stock ROM with a little bit of Xiaomi customisation. We dey thesame ship my brother. wink
You truly don't know what you are talking about.. grin

So much ignorance in one comment. cheesy

So if it is as simple as you are making it..

What is stopping Transsion from giving updates to all their devices like Xiaomi? shocked

A Google Stock Android update is not a Transsion update..

Transsion has ZERO input on the software..

Let them go ahead and update their UI with their little customization like you termed it..

Till then..

The only way you are getting an update on Transsion devices is if you sell it and upgrade to another Transsion.. grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by rapcy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
You truly don't know what you are talking about.. grin

So much ignorance in one comment. cheesy

So if it is as simple as you are making it..

What is stopping Transsion from giving updates to all their devices like Xiaomi? shocked

A Google Stock Android update is not a Transsion update..

Transsion has ZERO input on the software..

Let them go ahead and update their UI with their little customization like you termed it..

Till then..

The only way you are getting an update on Transsion devices is if you sell it and upgrade to another Transsion.. grin

I don't think I'm the ignorant one here, have you heard of Infinix zero 2, I received several updates on that device, from android KitKat to nougat. Remind me why you're laughing again.

You need to read my comments with open mind. Don't hide under the clock of Xiaomi fan boy. Google shares android source code with phone manufacturers ( Xiaomi, Infinix and others).

Weather yes or no, without android source code your Xiaomi or Infinix won't be existing today. If Infinix decides to run a phone with stock OS, the fact that the OS received an update, the credit also goes to Infinix.

If you google list of Phones with Android 10, surely Infinix note 5 would be on the list. Why then are you trying to downplay their hard work. I've used Infinix zero 2 as a side phone some years back and I got an update, that also eliminate your point of Infinix do not update their phones like I said before, we're on thesame boat my friend smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Never Understand Why People Buy Them / Is Technology A Modernised Form Of Witchcraft? / Glo Is Highly Undependable Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.