Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 (4075 Views)

Waoh! My Spark 4 Just Upgraded To Android 10. / Infinix, Tecno Set To Update Some Of Their Devices To Android 10 / Just Upgraded My Infinx Note 4 To Version 8.0 Tonight See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
Samsung na oga for dishing out upgrade for their devices. I can't stop loving them.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by DAramis: 9:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Samsung na oga for dishing out upgrade for their devices. I can't stop loving them.
If you don't mind, which phone model and its price range? Hope it is affordable?

The information would enable me to work towards upgrading to Samsung in the future...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by eki2000(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
When Nokia had updated all their devices since.

17 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Not a big deal..
Most phone brands that are not owned by Transsion have been hard at work,updating to Android 10.. shocked

13 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by iTroll: 2:09am On Jul 12, 2020
No screenshots?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by martolux(m): 5:48am On Jul 12, 2020
How can I upgrade my Samsung Tab E from 4.1 to a higher fashion? Each time I click on the autoooooo upgrade it tells me you device is up to-date but when I check the Android version, it's the same 4.1.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Shittaakeem(m): 6:27am On Jul 12, 2020
eki2000:
Abi ooo even my low-end 2.2 dey on android 10
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by MrBONE2(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
How can I upgrade my Samsung Tab E from 4.1 to a higher fashion? Each time I click on the autoooooo upgrade it tells me you device is up to-date but when I check the Android version, it's the same 4.1.
grin

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
Your device has reached its upgrade lifespan..

A device that comes with an Android 4.1 should be nothing less than 5 years old..

Most devices are given Android updates of two years.

If it says that it is up to date,then it is up to date..

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 7:51am On Jul 12, 2020
eki2000:

Who born Nokia? just like we dey talk about prrsidents and you de call Buhari join

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

Who born Nokia? just like we dey talk about prrsidents and you de call Buhari join
Is his statement a lie?
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
Is his statement a lie?

it's like you don't understand English? Buhari is a president but when. you compare presidents that has taken countries to next level don't include him angry

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by martolux(m): 8:05am On Jul 12, 2020
The reason I'm looking for an upgrade is that the device is no more compatible with many apps on playstore.
FlipModeSquade:
Your device has reached its upgrade lifespan..

A device that comes with an Android 4.1 should be nothing less than 5 years old..

Most devices are given Android updates of two years.

If it says that it is up to date,then it is up to date..
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by seanwilliam(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
you are very wicked... na your type dey aim to be jeff Bezoz in three month grin motivational speaker go chop your money well grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

it's like you don't understand English? Buhari is a president but when. you compare presidents that has taken countries to next level don't include him angry
That you are using Samsung doesn't mean that those using Nokia are inconsequential..
They bought their devices the same way you used your money to buy Samsung..
So,why should they not be proud of the fact that Nokia gives them timely updates?
Or is your Android 10 different from Nokia Android 10? angry

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
The reason I'm looking for an upgrade is that the device is no more compatible with many apps on playstore.
Your phone is running an ANCIENT Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version..
Most Apps requires Android 5.1 Lollipop version or later to run smoothly..
Your device is simply outdated and there's nothing much you can do about it apart from changing it..

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by folarr(m): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:
You can flash lineage os 14.1 custom ROM on it. I did it for my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 a few days back, the lineage os 14.1 is a custom android 7.1 nougat. Drop your number if you want me to help you do it for free

1 Like

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Djdannyb4u: 9:37am On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

Bros abeg no talk like this! I dey use Nokia X5 and Samsung Galaxy A30 right now now. I buy dem May 2019 & dey get my regular updates.
The two phones na BOMBS.
Pls don't under-rate Nokia cos they are amazingly wonderful.
My Nokia X5 does not support fast charge yet with the "follow come" it charges faster than the Galaxy A30 dat supports fast charge.
As for battery optimization, I think I would give it to the Nokia. But Samsung still power ova Nokia for many other areas.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Djdannyb4u: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2020
folarr:

You can flash lineage os 14.1 custom ROM on it. I did it for my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 a few days back, the lineage os 14.1 is a custom android 7.1 nougat. Drop your number if you want me to help you do it for free
Bro pls can you give me detailed directions on how to achieve this cos I'm in Port Harcourt. 08037380285 is my contact & on whatsapp
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Skyfornia(m): 9:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

Omo you are a learner...I have both Nokia and Samsung phone and I must tell you..I prefer my Nokia phone
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2020
FlipModeSquade:
That you are using Samsung doesn't mean that those using Nokia are inconsequential..
They bought their devices the same way you used your money to buy Samsung..
So,why should they not be proud of the fact that Nokia gives them timely updates?
Or is your Android 10 different from Nokia Android 10? angry

what is this one saying?? how you go even compare the two brands? e be like na today begin use high-end phones.

I use Nokia 6.2
Nov. 2019 released
4k video
UHD pics (that is with 3 cameras)
4 Gig ram.
128 abi 64 gig storage

but trust me, I would have gotten a better deal with Infinix of the same price range. Imagine phone of this range does not even have common adaptive gaming mode.

Samsung automatically detects when you're gaming and instantly mutes unnecessary notifications. Even phone call notifications during gaming is minimised and doesn't take up your screen space.

Like for real, Is this even up for debate?

Nokia is strong and 'classy' but tacky. Even with the 4gig e still de lag like mad. Imagine someone flashes you and cut the call asap this nonsense Nokia go still de ring out even after the call done cut.

Something that has never happened on my 2 Gig ram MKT chipset Infinix. My Infinix Note 5 stylus pen edition is more seemless.

Nokia isn't all that smart.
Guy Samsung is mad. Except na medium-range Samsung prdts u de use like all those A-series.

Even for Yankee seff Nokia no de rank high.. like, I could go on and on about how Samsung take dey better.

Type C fast charging for Nokia is pretty selective to USB cables and uses pretty much only Nokia USB cables which is a downside.

Screen touch sensitivity nko? Nokia Corrina 3 glass no dey too respond ASAP on touch. you gotta wait a few microseconds for it to respond.

I guess they sacrificed sensitivity for strength.

Guy, I'll kill this comparison with lots of other facts but for real, it's not up for arguments abeg.

Samsung sabi add small extra user-friendly touches to their interface to make life better

Infinix does that too.. but you no go use Nokia Android 10.2 upgrade compare Samsung own.

It's the same O.S oh but every brand adds their own micro editions inside to make it unique.

Nokia is just basically like using a HP EliteBook..
It's strictly for business. Gives you the basic functions nothing extra

Guyyyyy, I no even want talk about the Google assistant on Nokia (that is the 'okay Google' thing for voice searches)

Na so so "hey Google, hey Google" I de talk before e go recognise am. And when it does, it finds it hard picking up exact words esp in a nosiy place.

Infinix does it better.. Lol if you notice, I no dey even compare the Nokia to Samsung. I compare it with the UI of Infinix (highends only i.e above 80k in price)

it's laughable to compare both fr sad

more edit: I just de remember more guy..

As I de type I de remember more. Like the lockscreen assessment.

Have you tried accessing the cam from the lock screen? by double tapping on the power button. Sometimes I have to unlock the phone to assess it. else e go hang.

The Gallery nko? sometimes you have to clear cache on camera to view recent pics.

And I never even use any latest Samsung device of late. I'm just talking from an Infinix angle and I know for sure.. in fact, I can bet my left balls that Samsung Galaxy 8 not 9 or 10 oh will completely kill Infinix when you compare them directly

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by DesChyko: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2020
martolux:

You need Kitkat 4.4.2 at least.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by hothuntee(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

what is this one saying?? how you go even compare the two brands? e be like na today begin use high-end phones.

I use Nokia 6.2
Nov. 2019 released
4k video
4 Gig ram.
128 abi 64 gig storage

but trust me, I would have gotten a better deal with Infinix of the same price range. Imagine phone of this range does not even have common adaptive gaming mode.

Samsung automatically detects when you're gaming and instantly mutes unnecessary notifications. Even phone call notifications during gaming is minimised and doesn't take up your screen space.

Nokia is strong and 'classy' but tacky. Even with the 4gig e still de lag like mad. Imagine someone flashes you and cut the call asap this nonsense Nokia go still de ring out even after the call done cut.

Something that has never happened on my 2 Gig ram MKT chipset Infinix. My Infinix Note 5 stylus pen edition is more seemless.

Guy Samsung is mad. Except na medium-range Samsung prdts u de use like all those A-series.

Even for Yankee seff Nokia no de rank high.. like, I could go on and on about how Samsung take dey better.

Type C fast charging for Nokia is pretty selective to USB cables and uses pretty much only Nokia USB cables which is a downside.

Screen touch sensitivity nko? Nokia Corrina 3 glass no dey too respond ASAP on touch. you gotta wait a few microseconds for it to respond.

Guy, I'll kill this comparison with lots of other facts but for real, it's not up for arguments abeg.

Samsung sabi add small extra user-friendly touches to their interface to make life better

Infinix does that too.. but you no go use Nokia Android 10.2 upgrade compare Samsung own.

It's the same O.S oh but every brand adds their own micro editions inside to make it unique.

Guyyyyy, I no even want talk about the Google assistant on Nokia (that is the 'okay Google' thing for voice searches)

As I de type I de remember more. it's laughable to compare both fr sad

Why do you think you have the focus assist on your menu bar if you want closure for gaming. You can even interact with the GPU in the dev mode if you want.

Don't forget android one puts you in control where as, one UI do that on your behalf. Do not expect the OS to do what you should do for you.

By the way, compare a midranger to another, not to a flagship or its killer. I've got the 6.2 too. I have used the touch Wiz and not the oneui yet and i can bet the latter would serve like a king because the former did so effortlessly. If you are too lazy for androidone, port to oneui.

Modified: you may possess a malfunctioning device or be a blue pill user (RED pill users are mostly responsible for damaging their devices through curiosity and VERY heavy usage) who would want to be permitted by Siri to take a nap.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Jung(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
Skyfornia:

Omo you are a learner...I have both Nokia and Samsung phone and I must tell you..I prefer my Nokia phone

Samsung S7 abi
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by kellartemmy: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Same here sir.. My whatsapp number is 08063130369
folarr:

Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Jacku: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Alot of brands have released update since
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Elxandre(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

I use Nokia 6.2
Nov. 2019 released
4k video
4 Gig ram.
128 abi 64 gig storage

Na so so "hey Google, hey Google" I de talk before e go recognise am. And when it does, it finds it hard picking up exact words esp in a nosiy place.

Infinix does it better.. Lol if you notice, I no dey even compare the Nokia to Samsung. I compare it with the UI of Infinix (highends only i.e above 80k in price)

it's laughable to compare both fr sad

more edit: I just de remember more guy..

As I de type I de remember more. Like the lockscreen assessment.

Have you tried accessing the cam from the lock screen? by double tapping on the power button. Sometimes I have to unlock the phone to assess it. else e go hang.

The Gallery nko? sometimes you have to clear cache on camera to view recent pics.

And I never even use any latest Samsung device of late. I'm just talking from an Infinix angle and I know for sure.. in fact, I can bet my left balls that Samsung Galaxy 8 not 9 or 10 oh will completely kill Infinix when you compare them directly
Rather sounds like you've got a buggy software.
Best you reset to factory settings.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
Skyfornia:

which Nokia do you use. and which Samsung do you use
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
Elxandre:

Rather sounds like you've got a buggy software.
Best you reset to factory settings.

nah mehn the phone is just a month old and few weeks
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Skyfornia(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
Purplekush:

which Nokia do you use. and which Samsung do you use

Samsung A10 and Nokia 4.2...I had to buy the Nokia 4.2 twice cause of the love I have for it. I lost the first one I bought under 10days and bought another one.
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Kingnelson9: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
Will that make the battery last?
Re: Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 by Purplekush(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
hothuntee:

Why do you think you have the focus assist on your menu bar if you want closure for gaming. You can even interact with the GPU in the dev mode if you want.

Don't forget android one puts you in control where as, one UI do that on your behalf. Do not expect the OS to do what you should do for you.

By the way, compare a midranger to another, not to a flagship or its killer. I've got the 6.2 too. I have used the touch Wiz and not the oneui yet and i can bet the latter would serve like a king because the former did so effortlessly. If you are too lazy for androidone, port to oneui.

Modified: you may possess a malfunctioning device or be a blue pill user (RED pill users are mostly responsible for damaging their devices through curiosity and VERY heavy usage) who would want to be permitted by Siri to take a nap.

ok. I actually consider myself purple pill here. and Samsung detects game mode automatically.. even the A series. You don't need extra settings for it to kick in. Na iPhone I go buy next. I've heard too much hype around it. it's just a bit too expensive for me when you look at the price for the brand new ones.

Even my phone technician adviced me to try Apple. I'm just too geeky for iPhone's simplicity

(1) (2) (Reply)

✓ SOLD OUT / Iphone 14 Users Bragging About Satellite SOS Feature Lol (PHOTO) / Say Bye Bye To Screen Problem: The Most Rugged Smartphone Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.