Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Relationship Between Faith And Righteousness: Is your faith alive or dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Relationship Between Faith And Righteousness: Is your faith alive or dead? (169 Views)

Why There Are No Aborted Or Dead Babies In Hell / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Between Faith And Righteousness: Is your faith alive or dead? by elated177: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Luke 6:

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

James 1:
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

James 2:

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us rejoice and be glad
    and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
    and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
    was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Righteousness within the context of the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty simply means being righteous. Righteous in the Scriptural context means being right or justified before YHVH Almighty. Being right or justified before YHVH Almighty simply means obedience to his Word.

Scripturally, faith is the believe the saints have in our Father in heaven, his Word and what he has stated concerning us.

Faith and righteousness are related. Have you considered palm fruit? Faith and righteousness are like palm fruit. Just liken faith to the palm fruit itself, the crushing of the fruit is work and the oil is righteousness

I am just a messenger.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!

More to come.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At The Pastor’s Office(part I) / God Does Not Stay In Heaven. He Rules From Heaven. God Stays Here.... / Perception About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.